Redclub 28-Jan-15
Naz 29-Jan-15
Swamp Buck 29-Jan-15
Redclub 29-Jan-15
28-Jan-15

WildSkies.com's embedded Photo

WildSkies.com's Link
If anyone knows of someone tired of carting gear across the country and who wants to hunt in comfort out of a cabin in the heart of the largest elk herd in the world,in NW CO I'd appreciate you sharing our info with them or for that matter anyone looking for a secluded ride in/out from the front door snowmobile cabin (430+ inches of snowfall in the 2013-2014 season. 16 feet so far this year.

We have a secluded 4 bed/3 bath 3500 SF cabin surrounded on three sides by the Routt Nat'l Forest just a couple miles from the northern end of the Flat Tops Wilderness where the largest elk herd in the world is located at 42,000+ elk.

We have 1/2 mile of private river frontage and are just 2.5 miles away from GMU 231 which is an over the counter either sex archery elk unit. One of our Baxter, MN hunters in 2012 went home with a 7x7 elk from GMU 231.

Happy to provide references and for the last 6 years have attended the Lake Superior, WI SCI chapter banquet in Hinckley, MN and will be back again this year April 10 and 11 (tickets sell out fast at that banquet and I feel it is the best one in the country so if you plan on attending get your tickets in advance). I donate an archery hunt and a snowmobile trip to them every year.

I also am donating an archery hunt and a snowmobile trip to the WI Bowhunters Association and I will be in attendance at their March 7 banquet in Osh Gosh.

Happy to provide details on both to you.

Cheers, Lisa www.wildskies.com www.flattopshunting.com 970.926.0216

28-Jan-15
ADVERTISING!

28-Jan-15
Least not a political ad

28-Jan-15
Sounds like a nice place and a great donation to the WBH. I do like the "Osh Gosh" reference, too. Good luck! One of the regulars here has a son who guides in Colorado, beautiful country. Elk hunting is the best. Definitely hope I have the time/$ (the second being the more important part of this equation!) to do it again some day.

28-Jan-15

Ok. It was 2am when I wrote this and I have three young kids 5, 4, and 2 and I cannot believe I wrote Osh Gosh the kids clothing brand instead of Osh Kosh. No, I wasn't drinking I don't do that. Boy was I tired when I wrote that. I used to work for Brunswick which owned Mercury Marine so I am familiar with Fond du Lac and Osh Kosh and I am also a pilot so I have no idea how I wrote Osh Gosh.

Slowly waking up today.

Lisa www.wildskies.com 970.926.0216

28-Jan-15
Great photo, looks like an incredible place!

28-Jan-15
That looks incredible. Checked out the video and while it was nice would have liked to see the end result of the bow shot!

28-Jan-15
That is a beautiful photo.

28-Jan-15
You couldn't pay me to stay in that dump..

28-Jan-15
Ok, just kidding! I'm actually used to sleeping on the ground when I go to Colorado. This would be a big step up for me in the roughing it category:)

28-Jan-15
Very nice , I like 231 , 2 trips there and 2 Elk .

28-Jan-15
Interesting,I hunted the flattops for a good many years but not in a place like that. Always out of a tent. I still go every year but in a different part of the State. Naz Elk hunting is not expensive except for license. Basically gas and license

29-Jan-15
Hi Red, when you have three kids doing sports, music, band, theater, DI, forensics — and coach some of them as well — it's the time as much as the money! Hunted elk in Montana and Arizona with bow and rifle, respectively, and loved it. Did both while single though, late 80s and early 90s. Would love to do it again. Ridge Runner's son guides in Colorado, and we have a group of locals who go to another part of that fine state for DIY hunt every year, and they do well. Maybe some day again!

29-Jan-15
That might be a great place to stay if you are scouting but I would NEVER want to stay there while trying to hunt... It would make it that much harder to leave all day and not stay and enjoy it. Great looking place!

29-Jan-15
Naz I hear you, I didn't start Elk hunting until I was in my 50's, I missed very few years,once when I went to Alska and another when I went Moose hunting. Hopefully I have a few years left, Only 2 of us go now and its getting tougher. But there is nothing like being in the mountains in the Fall.

• Sitka Gear