Contributors to this thread:
Naz 28-Jan-15
10orbetter 28-Jan-15
Naz 29-Jan-15
Two Feathers 30-Jan-15
28-Jan-15
Hunters’ Tree Stands Recalled by Primal Vantage Due to Fall Hazard  

Name of Product: Ameristep Hyde Cliff Hanger and Sky Walker Tree Stands  

Hazard: The cast aluminum platform can break, causing the user to fall to the ground and suffer serious injuries.  

Remedy: Refund  

Consumer Contact: Primal Vantage toll-free at (866) 972-6168 between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or at www.primalvantage.com and click on “For Hyde Recall Click Here” on the homepage or go to the Customer Service tab for more information.  

Recall Details  

Units: About 1,000  

Description: This recall involves two 2014 models of hang-on tree stands used by hunters. They include the Ameristep Hyde Cliff Hanger with model number 2RX1H008C and date code JH-2014-3-6 and the Ameristep Hyde Sky Walker with model number 2RX1H009C and date code JH-2014-3-6. The date code is stamped on the back of the tree stand’s aluminum seat frame.  The model number is printed on the packaging and in the instruction manual. “Hyde” is printed in red on the vertical aluminum bar between the seat and the foot platform.  

Incidents/Injuries: Primal Vantage has received six reports of the tree stand’s aluminum platform breaking. No injuries have been reported.  

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled product and contact Primal Vantage for a full refund.  

Sold at: Bass Pro Shops and other sporting goods stores nationwide from July 2014 through November 2014 for between $220 and $250.  

Manufacturer: Primal Vantage Co., of Bernardsville, N.J.

28-Jan-15
Scary!

29-Jan-15
You got that right. The older I get the more I think about the "what ifs" and the more I scout to set up ground ambushes. Still love the tree stand view though and don't plan to give it up entirely.

First time checking back on this thread and I see it was all in one paragraph. Added spacing to make it easier reading.

30-Jan-15
I didn't know someone besides Lone Wolf made "cast aluminum" stands.

• Sitka Gear