live2hunt 02-Feb-15
raspy old hen 04-Feb-15
razorhead 06-Feb-15
Turkeyhunter 07-Feb-15
awh302 08-Feb-15
HunterR 08-Feb-15
speedkills 08-Feb-15
28-Jan-15
Since shed hunting is fast approaching, I was just curious on the biggest Whitetail shed antler others have found. Pictures would be nice along with the score, if you haven't scored it and don't have any pics of it just describe it the best you can.

28-Jan-15

10orbetter's embedded Photo
I will get it started. This first one is a shed of a deer I hunted in Ozaukee County several years ago. My nephew has the other side from the following year and it dwarfs this one. He got a shot at the buck during gun season. I tried to pull an all day sit on him several times with no luck. The closest I was able to get was on a windy/freezing rain Nov.4. I sat from before sun up until 2:30 PM on a fence row. I was so cold and wet, I just couldn't take it anymore. Hiked back to the truck, started my truck, glassed back at my stand and there he was standing not 10' from the stand.

28-Jan-15

This second one I found laying in the ditch near Rockwood drive in Pewaukee. I had a studio out there before the recession and spotted this broken antler sticking up out of the tall grass on 164 at about 6 AM. As I drove by it caught my eye, so I turned around, pulled over, put on my flashers, and stopped the truck on the side of the road. I couldn't believe my eyes. No idea how many inches. Never had it measured. A cop pulled up behind me, put his lights on, and chewed my butt for stopping. He almost wrote me a ticket. It would have been worth it. No blood, no hair, nothing! I almost wonder if it was a game farm deer that fell off of someones vehicle. Never found any other pieces in the road. Because my studio was near by, I spent the next 3 months trying to find the other side in the various woodlots around the area. Never found anything. Never heard of anyone finding anything. There were several deer hit in that stretch of road that year but, the officer said everyone says it was huge. One guy at the beer depot next door did say he saw a monster on second shift one night that year. That's all the info I ever had of a deer this big existing in the area.

28-Jan-15
10, both sheds are nice and the second one in particular is a giant. Cool stories to go with both of them!

28-Jan-15

speedkills's embedded Photo
speedkills's embedded Photo
This picture really doesn't do this shed justice. It looks way bigger in person and i think you'll get more of a grasp of that after i say it scored 79 7/8 inches. I found it in Jackson County 3-4 years back. looked and looked all over for the match but myself nor anyone else could find the other side.

28-Jan-15
Speed, what a unique find. It is amazing what nature will produce.

28-Jan-15
Very unique! ive always tried to imagine if the other side was just as unique or if it was normalish, never had a trail camera pic of him because this was before i started using trail cameras

29-Jan-15
Nice to find a pair like that.

29-Jan-15
yes i agree with 10, great find camp. I hope i can stumble across a couple like that this shed hunting season.

29-Jan-15

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
17 points

29-Jan-15

How about smallest?

29-Jan-15

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
Far from my biggest but definitely my favorite.

29-Jan-15
Cheesehead. That's a nice matching set. i like all the kickers and drop tines. hell of a buck. I think i have you beat on the smallest shed though. Will post a pic later tonight when i am home. Kyle, i have always been a fan of webbed antlers. thats an awesome set. i have not shed hunted to much in the past so i have not found all that many sheds in total and ive only found 1 set. I really hope to get out alot this year and add some bone to my small collection.

29-Jan-15

Beat this boys. I stepped on it and it went through my sorel boot. LOL

29-Jan-15
The holy grail of shed hunting is finding a matched spike set. Still looking.

30-Jan-15

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
Couldn't pick just one

30-Jan-15
10, not sure if i can count that since its not the complete shed but it is pretty small haha. and November, yes! that would be pretty awesome to find, id give you major props for that. RC, antler handled knifes are awesome as long as other things made of antlers. Kyle, Dang! A lot of nice sheds there, hope to find some like that this season.

30-Jan-15
Camp- I about spit pepsi all over my computer when I read your post. I assume you are talking about the pud I posted. That is very funny. Then again it may not be.

Kylet, fantastic collection.

Cheese a drop-tine shed, awesome.

Shed hunt today, didn't find anything. I did however kick up what I feel strongly is the buck I arrowed back in Nov. and never found. The identifier for me was a sizable, off color, knot high on his left shoulder. Otherwise, seemed to be healthy with a full rack.

30-Jan-15

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
This is a local N.E. WI Facebook friend's collection from multiple states. He's a hardcore hunter and shed antler hunter, as you might expect! Posted that he found his first WI shed recently after logging 55 miles so far this winter. 90+ percent still holding here was his guesstimate.

30-Jan-15

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Some pics of my gun dogs. Who also happen to be darn good antler hunters...

30-Jan-15

Older dog still has it going for her...

30-Jan-15

Younger blonde dog.

These pics are from 2014 and 2013. Matched pair at the bottom of the photo found two weeks apart.

Nothing yet this year...

31-Jan-15

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo

31-Jan-15
TH, that is a beautiful yellow. Mine is on her 15th year and the end is not that far off. Where did you get your dog?

Smokey, that is a very funny picture. Nice PS job.

31-Jan-15
Both dogs are from Shamrock Acres. Waunakee.

31-Jan-15
Thanks TH

31-Jan-15
Man... I just put my black lab down which was second to burying my brother. I want another lab.

31-Jan-15
Worked the woods for 4 miles today (according to garmin) with lots of sign, however no real exclusive trails with lack of snow seems to really have the deer traveling multiple trails and it's like marbles spread across a gym floor. From what I've seen on trail cams the deer around me are 3/4 antler loss as of today.

01-Feb-15
We put our dog down last May.. I looked into the Shamrock acres labs... seems like a excellent breeder.. what's it gonna cost for a pup there?? I see they do not sell on line which I like.

Family needs a new companion and may as well be a shed dog.. LOL.

Feedback on Shamrock dogs is welcome .. I have 2 buddies who have had bad experiences with other breeders.. one was 4 yes old and put down from cancer.. the other had to take out pet health insurance on the dog for multiple issues from acillies tendons in both hind legs to .. tumors . Etc... looking for a breeder with better history then these guys had.

01-Feb-15

Turkeyhunter's Link
Getting off-topic.

Both of our labs are terrific people dogs and enthusiastic flusher/retrievers. The black lab will occasionally point.

Call Sally at Shamrock for pricing.

Be prepared to wait awhile for a dog and to be interviewed face-to-face for suitability before they sell you a pup...

01-Feb-15

stagetek's embedded Photo
stagetek's embedded Photo
My son patterned this "bruiser" for two years. He was ten at the time, and you'd have thought he found the holy grail.

01-Feb-15
I look hard every year with little luck. Found 4-5 sheds.

01-Feb-15
i checked trail cam yesterday and walked a lil bit but no sheds found and all bucks on cam this past week still had both sides.

02-Feb-15
rabbit hunting on Sat, we found the entire buck, coyotes been on it..... were thinking it was hit by a car, and found its way to the swamp,,,,,,,

I scored it 148...... going to never go out again without a camera

02-Feb-15

RJN's embedded Photo
RJN's embedded Photo
I found these huge sheds a few yrs ago. Score, age? Lol

02-Feb-15
Smokey, that one came by my stand this year. With it being buck only, I wanted to make sure it was a buck before I shot. It was too late and didn't get a shot before he left. Its an alright buck for northern Wisconsin.

04-Feb-15
We took our labs for a walk in High Cliff Park last evening with the light snow falling and got within 30 yards of 2 nice 10 pointers with their wide and high headgear firmly attached. It was a perfect Sports Afield moment. Those sheds will be keepers.

06-Feb-15
my partner found a 148 incher still laying in the swamps last week, rabbit hunting with the beagle, that was cool........

07-Feb-15

I spent a half-day performing corrective pruning on the tree farm and the girls pretty-much tore it up looking for mice, sheds or whatever.

They came-up blank but we didn't cover much ground.

I think the whitetails have basically divested themselves of their headgear as of all the deer pictures that were on four trail cameras only this guy still had his antlers...

08-Feb-15

awh302's embedded Photo
awh302's embedded Photo
The date on this from last year is accurate. The deer in my area always seem to shed their antlers late in the season. This is in the northern part of Illinois.

08-Feb-15
Southern wi private managed land; majority of what we're seeing and getting on cams have not shed yet.

08-Feb-15
Check cameras a little bit ago and all bucks still have their antlers that were on cam. a couple smaller ones even sparred in front of cam and still didnt lose their antlers. They're holding on tight yet in mid-western wisconsin

• Sitka Gear