wvvabowhunter 30-Jan-15
sundaynwv 30-Jan-15
Big-Otis-Jeff 30-Jan-15
WV Mountaineer 31-Jan-15
gcoleman 01-Feb-15
Farmall 01-Feb-15
Farmall 01-Feb-15
29-Jan-15
Are any of you guys getting bear pictures or seeing bear sign. In the last couple of weeks we've seen 4 different sets of bear tracks on my place. One big set, a medium set, and a medium with a smaller set which I'm assuming is a sow and a 2 yr old cub. I don't have any cameras out now. I know we had a huge mast supply this fall and winter hasn't been horrible but I thought they would be denned up by now, especially a sow and cub?

30-Jan-15

wvvabowhunter's embedded Photo
wvvabowhunter's embedded Photo
Had this one show up the last day of the year but have not seen hide nor hair of it since....

30-Jan-15
They move sporadically during winter. Found the biggest tracks of my life in mid-January.

30-Jan-15
I still have bears on every cam I have out in Mingo....I guess they don't hibernate down there...

31-Jan-15
Years with heavy feed, bears may sleep a week or two, then move a bit. Especially when the winter has been as light as this years. If we'd get some snow, they'd lay down. God Bless

01-Feb-15
I found bear tracks this morning

01-Feb-15
I sometimes work with a man that used to capture problem bears and helped with research projects locating bears. He tells me that winters with warmer temperatures are hard on bears because their foot pads get soft after awhile as they hibernate. When they get up on warm days and move around they can tear their foot pads causing infection and poor health, sometimes death.

01-Feb-15
I sometimes work with a man that used to capture problem bears and helped with research projects locating bears. He tells me that winters with warmer temperatures are hard on bears because their foot pads get soft after awhile as they hibernate. When they get up on warm days and move around they can tear their foot pads causing infection and poor health, sometimes death.

• Sitka Gear