Babysaph 26-Feb-15
Babysaph 27-Feb-15
hookman 27-Feb-15
Babysaph 28-Feb-15
Lefthand Hunter 28-Feb-15
01-Feb-15

gobbler's Link

01-Feb-15
I read that this morning, Greg. I hope our legislators see it. We really dodged the bullet as it says.

02-Feb-15
I have been back and forth about these deer farms and really struggle with how I feel. I am not a scientist so I dont know all about these diseases that are described. I do know farmers and the farmers I know are not out to raise diseased animals and wipeout a lifestyle that they love. With that said there are always those that leave a black eye for the rest of us to try and explain. I think those in the deer farming buisness need to clean house among those in their organization that are allowing these infected animals to be shipped all across the country. I dont know how anyone could say I am for these deer farms and know that there are still instances where infected deer are being shipped and spreading this disease. Deer farmers tighten up your ranks! Until you all do this I believe it is just to risky to allow live transport and loosen the restrictions placed upon you.

James

02-Feb-15
The instance in the paper was supposed to have happened in the Fall of 2013....Why are we just now hearing about it?!?! Political move for sure but it is serious and should have been brought up long before now.

James

02-Feb-15
It would have been nice to have had that information out before the Senate already voted on it last week.

02-Feb-15
I guess if Agriculture were in charge in 2013, we could be talking about how many farms in WV were now infected and what the cost to tax payers would be to clean up the mess.

We should count our lucky stars DNR was in charge and refused to allow the transfer.

We are tapping the rainy day fund already to balance the budget, would sure hate to see WV waste more tax payer dollars on purchasing contaminated farms.

02-Feb-15
You know that guy that got released? The one no one seemed to like because he wouldn't play ball with politicians? Yeah, you know him. Well, I'm here to tell you that the bill will pass and the biggest reason it will pass is he is no longer here. Just my opinion. God Bless

08-Feb-15

Little Bear's Link
For those that are not following this on WV Bowhunters facebook page, please watch this video and then call House Speaker Armstead 304-340-3210 and ask him to stop Senate Bill 237 in it's tracks.

08-Feb-15

Little Bear's Link
Here's another that really drives home the point.

08-Feb-15

Little Bear's Link
last link didn't work for some reason - take 2.

08-Feb-15
If this bill can't be stopped from going into law and we have more outbreaks from CWD(which in my opinion will likely occur at some point), then hunting as we know it will be changed forever. It very well could affect the viability of the growth and future hunting opportunities of our soon to be elk herd as well.

15-Feb-15

Little Bear's embedded Photo
Little Bear's embedded Photo
If lots of people get snowed in tomorrow, please take 30 seconds and call the Governor's office 304-558-2000 and ask him to veto Senate Bill 237.

Here is a picture of what deer farming has done to other states, particularly when regulated or unregulated by Department of Agriculture.

15-Feb-15
Anyone have an indication how the Governor will deal with this? What was his stance on it when he was in the senate?

15-Feb-15
I don't know if anybody knows besides him, that's why it's important for everyone to call.

16-Feb-15
Made my call -

26-Feb-15

mudflap's Link
Why has nobody brought this up? I just seen it in the paper, thought for sure I would have heard something on here about it.

James

26-Feb-15
I think everyone in is mourning. This has not been a good session for hunters. This bill becomes law, Sunday Hunting is treated like Satan himself created Sunday Hunting, and crossbows seem to have been as popular as the free drinks at the nightly lobbyist sponsored parties. Sad.

26-Feb-15
So we know how the Gubner feels about it now. Lol so it passed.

26-Feb-15
Thanks for the post mudflap. Didn't know he had signed it either. You can tell by his wording that he knows the potential for disaster with deer farming. And he's willing to put a $270 million boost in the state's economy at risk over 30 some deer farms!! I just don't get it.

26-Feb-15
Trust me. I am not a defender of any politicians, Babysaph. However, it looked like the governor didn't have enough support to keep his veto from being overridden. I have no idea if he would have vetoed it if he thought his veto would stand. However, he would have lost some political juice if he had vetoed it and it still passed. I guess it is best to pick fights that can be won and this one appears to not be one of them.

Sportsmen need to rally behind something right now. For example, we have the ability to pass Sunday Hunting within our own power if we can organize more of the remaining counties. 1 year ago no one on here believed that we would have Sunday Hunting legal in 7 more counties for the first time since 2001. It just goes to show that we can get things done when we work hard and work together. Winning those 7 counties was no easy task by any means and there were many good people on here who said it could not be done or would jeopardize any chance of it ever being done. It started with Cory not understanding the word, "no", and ended with thousands of people saying, "yes". If 21 counties now having Sunday Hunting doesn't fire up folks in the other 34 counties, I don't know what will. 2015 can be the last year that many of those 34 counties are closed if the people want what Braxton, Calhoun, Nicholas, Mason, Roane, Webster, and Wirt earned in 2014.

Also, supporting and spreading the word about the desires to see a lower buck limit is another area many folks are working on together outside of the Capitol. I know this is not 100% supported by everyone on here but it is a very high percentage, just like Sunday Hunting. They are examples of how we, as a majority, can work together toward something positive outside of the golden dome. Get involved with spreading the word about the petition of support for the DNR to lower the buck limit. Let the DNR staff know that you back them making changes. I am not calling you out, just speaking in general terms to everyone on here as we can see that if we don't stand up for ourselves, we just may be handed stuff by our legislators that we, as a majority, don't agree with. The last thing we want is something making its way to the governor's desk that we want vetoed because we have already lost by that point.

26-Feb-15
Thanks James,Lefthand Hunter, I get it, Polotics and Money, course the Gub would sign it.

Ron Miller

26-Feb-15
So we do have Sunday hunting in 7 more counties that we didn't have last year. I didn't realize that Sunday hunting was only allowed in 14 counties prior to this year.

27-Feb-15
I just ordered my lil fawns for my new deer farm.,lol

27-Feb-15
Deer are a wild animal. Deer farms should be banned for good. It's all about the hunting shows starting the craze for huge bucks. Nothing wrong with hunting and having them but it should be done on the animals grounds.

28-Feb-15
Me too Hookman. Are there really people that shoot a deer that was pen raised? I can't believe that. I'll stick to my lil Pendleton county deer.

28-Feb-15
I agree with hookman.

• Sitka Gear