Big-Otis-Jeff 07-Feb-15
PassThrough 07-Feb-15
sundaynwv 07-Feb-15
Big-Otis-Jeff 08-Feb-15
gobbler 08-Feb-15
Big-Otis-Jeff 08-Feb-15
gobbler 08-Feb-15
07-Feb-15
So I read on another sight that the bill that introduced Sunday hunting also had a part in it making the buck limit back up to 4?

Any truth to this?

I don't think I want Sunday hunting that bad... 4 Bucks, really?

07-Feb-15
I have not heard anything like that.

07-Feb-15
Haven't seen anything like this and buck limits need set by biologist and not politicians.

07-Feb-15
just got back in.....I will re-check that site and post it here...

07-Feb-15
I don't see anything in SB 383 that talks about buck limits.

07-Feb-15
Its a different bill. Anyone can introduce a bill via their local representative. Making it to committee is a different story.

08-Feb-15
Sorry about that...forgot to post..

This was posted on WVsportsmans.net.

HB 2640 - Extending buck firearms season by one week

« on: February 06, 2015, 02:09:30 PM »

SUMMARY: Extending buck firearms season by one week

Link to Bill Status: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_Status/Bills_history.cfm?input=2640&year=2015&sessiontype=RS&btype=bill

Link to Bill Text: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_Status/bills_text.cfm?billdoc=hb2640%20intr.htm&yr=2015&sesstype=RS&i=2640

Short Version:

NOTE: The purpose of this bill is to increasing buck firearms season by one week. The bill permits a season bag limit of four deer. The bill requires the county commissions of the fifty-five counties be consulted in determining and scheduling buck firearms season. The bill permits Sunday hunting in all fifty-five counties. The bill requires rule making.

Just was curious if anyone had any more info on this

08-Feb-15
I have not heard anything about this. I would be shocked if it would go anywhere.

Season timing, length, and bag limits need to stay under control of the DNR Commissioners so it can at least be adjusted on a year by year basis to be able to respond to situations such as over-kill, under-kill, winter-kill, disease outbreaks and such. If legislators make those decisions thru law there is no legal way to adjust anything unless another law or amendment to the law is made. And we all know how difficult that is with the current situation we have with Sunday hunting.

08-Feb-15
I agree...Just weird someone trying to take the buck limit the other way

08-Feb-15
You just never know what someone may introduce. They may have a friend or campaign contributor that wants this or that?

• Sitka Gear