RC 09-Feb-15
bill v 09-Feb-15
PAbowhunter1064 09-Feb-15
Rut Nut 09-Feb-15
DaleHajas 09-Feb-15
BOWJO 09-Feb-15
07-Feb-15
Morning all.

Just got settled in stand about an hr ago. Trying to cool down and not get cold. We don't hunt early mornings much this time of year but, we're out here today to switch it up. Were hunting wooded ridges something different then the suburban areas we're usually in. We love it up here it's more like the mountains Kinda chilly, 6 " of ice crusted snow. Hard to walk in. I'm in the Rockwall stand and bsked is in his stand 200 yrs behind my left shoulder and on the other side of the powerlines

It's all quiet right now. All the deer were on the roads this morning, we dang near got a couple on the way up

Update in awhile

Bill v

07-Feb-15
Good luck Bill

How long does the season run there?

07-Feb-15
Feb 21 st, season ends

8:15 had one at 50. Feeding my way. Scent going the opposit way. Deer turned and feed into a thicket.

A little snake bit right now. Need to shake this. Only shot one since New years Think there must be a memo out or something!

Bill v

07-Feb-15
9:16

Nothin cookin right now. Trying to stay warm. Got the heavy stuff on. We're. Hoping for movement between 10 and 12. Well see

Stand is facing NE I'm sitting right on top of ridge running NE also it's flat up here. Deer usually come from east or NE

07-Feb-15
Maybe the farmer forgot to open the gate?

07-Feb-15
Had one come in at 20. Head on. Turned and went back

Had another cross power line 5 min ago and went down ridge to the NE. Of me. Heading away

07-Feb-15
11:25. Still in stand

Watching a pair about 250 below me in the bottom. Its easy to see with the snow they're just milling around down there

May sit another hr. Sum just poked it's head out for the first time

Lots of birds today. Cardnals. Different sized wood packers, jays and all kinds of small birds

07-Feb-15
One down

I'm gettin down boys. Have a good weekend

Bill v

07-Feb-15
Congrats Bill

07-Feb-15
Nice! Congrats

07-Feb-15
Didn't happen without pictures:)

07-Feb-15
No pix. Just red snow

08-Feb-15
Ok. Round 2 for this weekend

Just got in stand at 10:05 What a nice day out here Same set up as yesterday

08-Feb-15
Congrats on the doe yesterday, Bill! Good luck w round two! Keep us posted!! :)

08-Feb-15
Billy, I'll be down there within the hour, save me one!

08-Feb-15
Had a big doe and fawn walk around me. Into the thicket behind me. Amazingly not much comes out of there 20 min later the wind shifts and I end up with a shorter

2 different doe run down the trail to the NE. The shorter goes the other way Guess I have a little break until things settle Down Time for a sandwich

08-Feb-15
1:38. Update

Now no is heading into tower2

I'm watching one at 250 yrs. Feeding

Bsked is watching a pair from his stand Feeding

I'm still quiet here from the shorter earlier

08-Feb-15
I'm settled in for the afternoon Looks like a lot of recent activity up on top. Wind is good for deer coming off the thicket on top, not so good if they approach from the saddle to the north

08-Feb-15
I had a total of 5 come out of thicket. Thought they were coming my way. Milled around for the better part of 25 minutes, then headed along thicket towards the West.

Temps have been good for sitting.

Check in later!

BSked

08-Feb-15
3:13

Still waiting for customers over here

08-Feb-15
Just had two come off the top. Took the bigger lead doe as she crossed my scent stream and went on alert. Short blood trail and more venison

08-Feb-15
Had one at 40. Turned and walked away

08-Feb-15
Congrats Bill, go get them! SAw a real nice buck bedded along 79 on my way home from Ohio about 2 hours ago.

08-Feb-15
Great job Bill & Bowjo.

My deer season ended in Ohio Sunday. Saw more deer in the last three weeks over there than I did in the early season by far. Had 4 buck come in together Jan 28th I passed the 3 other bucks trying to get a shot at the big one he was a 3 1/2 yeR old 120's 8 point 5x3 had he was 18 yards vitals were blocked by a branch when he stepped out the one buck that had alreDy shed both sides saw me start drawing the bow. That was it. Love the late season bow hunting. Keep it up guys.

Mike

09-Feb-15
Congrats Joe.

09-Feb-15
We took two on Sunday. Almost made it 3 for 3. But I couldn't get any shots off

Good day and pretty dang nice out

Only gonna hunt 2 more days this year and it will be over

09-Feb-15
Way to go, Joe! Congratulations, and I must say, I admire your guys persistence! Keep at it!

09-Feb-15
Way to go guys! And THANKS for helping out a "needy" hunter! ;-)

One of these years I'm gonna get a Jersey License. Then I can hunt sundays, AND have a plan B if I get skunked in PA! ;-)

09-Feb-15
Nice job fellers!

09-Feb-15
Thanks fellas, a fun hunt with good friends.

• Sitka Gear