RC 14-Feb-15
Red Beastmaster 14-Feb-15
RC 14-Feb-15
Flatlander 15-Feb-15
hawkeye in PA 15-Feb-15
Shortdraw 15-Feb-15
HARRY CARRY 15-Feb-15
08-Feb-15
Sunday, February 15: What better way to work off the chocolates and "let's go out for dinner" events of Valentines Day the day before, than a visit to "Strictly Sticks"? We even scheduled the 3D shoot just for that very reason!

Yes, the February shoot is nearly here, a sure sign that Winter is hopefully not for long. Oh, the temps will probably be cold, and there will probably be snow. That doesn't mean we've all given up on bowshooting, does it?

The course is still somewhere in the Crew's collective minds. But by 8 AM Sunday, until 1 PM, it will be created, discovered, traversed, shot, conquered, and maybe even shot again by those hardy enough for second round if they choose.

"Strictly Sticks" is what YOU make of it. You, your bow, your arrows, your friends both old and new. Maybe it will be with a new bow, or maybe you'll be testing some newly created arrows. Maybe you'll be bringing a neighbor of yours to their very first 3D shoot, a neighbor who has watched you practice, and decided to talk Archery with you.

We are simply offering the means and place to shoot. And, breakfast if you wish. Lunch, too. Some inside bales to practice. Tables and chairs to relax and visit. A complete package event. AND YOU WON'T BE REQUIRED TO HAND OVER ANY HEART SHAPED BOX OF CHOCOLATES TO ANYBODY THERE!! (Well, unless you REALLY want to do that....!)

Join us! It's all up to you, our friends, both old AND new!

Don't let Cupid have all of the Archery fun for the weekend!!!

See you Sunday, February 15!

And Thank You! From, The Crew

08-Feb-15

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
And here are directions, for any new folks considering our event.....

09-Feb-15
Thanks HC. Planning on it.

09-Feb-15
8 degrees forcast for Somerset Co. on Sunday, any warmer over that way?

09-Feb-15
Between 10 and 15, Red. We ARE setting up the course, and we'll probably also fire up the inside DART system if need be. The "word" is already out, and cancelling/postponing just won't work out this time.

Every forecast could change, but, well, we've been mostly very lucky the last couple years. Bound to have a "bummer weather day" thrown somewhere in the schedule.

We will see and welcome whomever we see!!

10-Feb-15
Ah those so called Mt Men from Somerset are soft as cotton!

10-Feb-15
Just checking the forcast, no need for bad mouthin'. I was thinking all the runny noses will make for better releases.

Mr Perfect and I are going to have a Kodiak moment. He's bringing his new phenolic baby and also a SK for me to shoot. I haven't shot one in many years. I have an itch that needs scratching.

10-Feb-15
Red: if you've seen those irritating flu remedy commercials on the telly that show the "Mucus Monster" chasing after people, perhaps a "Mucus Monster" stuffed critter was created to go along with the commercial. I'll have to check in to it. Could be more fun than any of us could imagine!!

11-Feb-15

Shortdraw's embedded Photo
Is Metikki showing up?

11-Feb-15
That's enough to make one glad its going to be cold!)

11-Feb-15
He'll probably shoot inside. His wings might freeze.

11-Feb-15
Sorry Mr Shortdraw. Workin Sunday. Why you have pics of dirty guys in tight shorts?

11-Feb-15
I always thought much higher of you Metikki! Besides, photos are all we have since you never come around any more. Maybe Flatlander has the one of you in cupid in a toga.

11-Feb-15
Why do you want it so much? :)

11-Feb-15
i bet you think I should lose a star huh ?

11-Feb-15
What? Maybe you need to lose a *! :)

11-Feb-15
That's okay Dale. I'm giving up archery anyway.

11-Feb-15
I'm surprised you lasted this long lol:)

11-Feb-15
Ditto!

11-Feb-15
If I can get away I will come to Your shoot. Look for me in my Saranwrap Commando outfit.

11-Feb-15
I just threw up a little.

Not much, just a little.

11-Feb-15
:)

13-Feb-15
Yes, Strictly Sticks is still presenting the shoot on Sunday.

We will modify the course to this: a 15 target loop, starting and finishing near the clubhouse. Each target will have 2 shooting stakes, and 2 numbers.

The first animal target will have stakes numbered 1 and 16. Target 2 will have stakes numbered 2 and 17. Third target with stakes numbered 3 and 18. Follow this pattern to the final target with stakes numbered 15 and 30.

The stakes WILL NOT BE THE SAME!!!

In consideration of the "Arctic Blast Armageddon" that the weather forecasters are predicting, and which has pretty much arrived, the Sticks Crew will let each shooter decide whether to make 2 loops, or take both shots while at that "target station".

And, as always, if the Archer decides to shoot the course multiple times, that is fine with us.

The Crew talked about the event last evening, and decided to not cancel or postpone the event.

It will be up to YOU, the individual Archer, to make your decisions based on your comfort levels, your gear, and your tolerances.

As always, WE THANK YOU for considering attending this event. If only we had total control of the weather! We've been VERY LUCKY the past few years.....bad weather was bound to happen sooner or later.

Dress warm, and, we'll leave the heat on at the Clubhouse!

Signed, The Crew

14-Feb-15
The Mt. Men of Somerset Co aren't all that bright but we made a smart decision today. We are staying home Sunday morning and will live to shoot with youze guys another day.

It will be zero and 20 MPH winds in the morning with blowing snow. In fact, it's not too pleasant here this afternoon. Really snowing and blowing. I'm glad I got up early this morning and shot my bag course before the wind picked up.

Call us what you will, but we are not quite as dumb as we look.

See you in March.

14-Feb-15
I think you are a smart man staying home.

14-Feb-15

14-Feb-15

These good old boys from Somerset said they are game. I thought you were tougher than that Red.

14-Feb-15
Hey Scott, just drive up to Reds in the morning and shoot his course:)

14-Feb-15
I would Roy but he does not have 12 rings on his targets. :)

14-Feb-15
What's the difference? You never hit a 12 ring in your life:) LOL

14-Feb-15
Each of my ten bag targets on the course have a circled "3" on them. It makes a great aiming point. And yes, Metikki, they are shot to shreds!

Only Randy knows the secret behind the circled 3.

14-Feb-15

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
And only shortdraw knows the secret of roses are red and violets are blue:) Could it be the 12 ring he speaks of? LMAO

15-Feb-15
Dominic and Chuck also decided to stay home today! There is fine line between tough and stupid! Yes I have crossed it many times but not today. Sorry SS!

15-Feb-15
Then call me STUPID, but I had a blast and eliminated some Cabin Fever at the same time. Very nice course, good breakfast and no crowds, what more could you ask for? Thanks for shooting with me Austin. And thanks goes to the SS crew. John even went out ahead and dusted the snow off the targets!

15-Feb-15

I got the 12 ring covered RC. I get a lucky shot now and then. :)

15-Feb-15
Jeff, you, Bernie and Austin had the entire course to yourselves today!! And nobody ahead of you sighting in their bow, with their son or daughter holding an umbrella, while looking at a book containing every imaginable 3D target ever made!!!!!

I had a great 15 minute relaxation just having Hunter sit with me, as he slowly dozed off into slumberland!!

We will ALL keep our fingers, toes, and recurve stings crossed for next month's shoot.

May the Arctic Winds be gone by then!

And, for next year, and the following years, may the Patriots loose the Superbowl. 'Cause every year they win, Southwestern PA has a funky winter. Just sayin...

Thanks, EVERYONE! From the Sticks Crew

• Sitka Gear