Rut Nut 19-Feb-15
Dave G. 19-Feb-15
Treerat 19-Feb-15
Jeff Durnell 20-Feb-15
Contrarian 20-Feb-15
George D. Stout 22-Feb-15
bdfrd24v 26-Feb-15
13-Feb-15
Had a nice walk today with the longbow and my cedars. If you click on the opposing arrows in the lower right corner, it will take you to full page viewing.

13-Feb-15

George D. Stout's embedded Photo
George D. Stout's embedded Photo
A view of my lower back yard.

13-Feb-15
Very nice pics!

Seeing that bare ground is a breath of fresh air. I can't even run my dog here now because the crust is so bad on the snow. Winters beauty can usually hide it's harshness in my eyes, but this winter is starting to drag.....

13-Feb-15
Nice ole boy..

13-Feb-15
Cold or not, it still feels good to get out, aye George? Be careful, single digids make for some hard rovin targets. It's supposed to be -10 here Sunday for a low. -30 w/wind chill. I hope to get out some next week. Nice pictures.

13-Feb-15
I was dressed for it Jeff, including a scarf around my neck, a heavy lambs wool sweater under the insulated hoodie. Also wool malone pants with wool underwear, and 800 gram thinsulate leather waterproof boots....and my heavy wool toboggan. Pretty comfy but not bulked too much to shoot freely. You would also be surprised at how much warmth that big fleece fanny pack has when around the kidney area.

13-Feb-15
Them hot pockets are cool too...

14-Feb-15
Nice pics George. Agree with Jeff, those old rotted stumps can turn into a granite rock in those temps!

14-Feb-15

14-Feb-15

15-Feb-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Nice pictures George, your lucky I had to resort to just ice fishing now, we literally have 3-4 feet of snow on the ground here in North Central Crawford Co. 100 inches of snowfall so far this winter. But the perch are biting.

15-Feb-15
Good stuff George. Thanks dfor taking the time to share it.

15-Feb-15
Awesome Mike.

15-Feb-15
George great photo shoot! I love it!

Mike that a boy!

16-Feb-15
Great photo Mike.

Well you don't need stumps when you have frozen cow piles. And my sissy-pants, 45# bows doesn't shoot hard enough to break arrows. 8^).

16-Feb-15
Even cedars?

:^)

16-Feb-15
I had intended to hunt rabbits this week, but it doesnt look like it'll happen now. I've been busy with bowhunting in a more abstract sense. I'm working on 3 different bow wood deals this week, and today bought a bunch of shelving for the shop and garage to store it on... via a Rite Aid store liquidation. I'll be tearing it down and hauling it home for the next few days.

Nice perch, Mike. Where are you guys fishing, Pymie?

16-Feb-15
Even cedars, Jeff. )

16-Feb-15
Presque Isle Bay Jeff, the perch are coming in to the bay from the lake, just gets better every week. Some real nice size fish to.

Mike

17-Feb-15
Yeah, I should have known that was an Erie perch... that one is three times as big as they grow in Pymie :^)

18-Feb-15
Nice pics, George! I took a break from ice fishin' on Sunday late afternoon and took the .22 mag for a walk scouting/hunting for coyote. Thank God for snow shoes! Managed to stay out til almost 6:30. Man with this snow on the ground I was amazed at how long I could still see thru the scope. When I couldn;t see anymore, I packed it in.

Treerat- how much ice you got out there? Most lakes here are pushing 18". Another banner ice-fishing season! Nice pic! : )

18-Feb-15
I think RC'd probably do more of that cold weather fishing, but he's worried somebody'd sneak up behind him and kick him in the icehole. :^)

18-Feb-15
That's a good one, Dave! LOL! : )

19-Feb-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Rut, there is a solid foot or more, it's thick. Parked over a school of slab perch yesterday, got 30 in 3 hours and was out of there, 20 mph winds and wind chill below zero burrrr. You ever get over this way I'll take you to them.

Mike

19-Feb-15
Nice Mike! Where is that?

All I been catching is gills and calicos and one nice bass. Been striking out on the trout this year. Last year was nailing them. Not sure what's up this year. What kind of shelter you have?

19-Feb-15
Quite frankly, I don't wanna fish in either of those two brown circles or the blue circle.

That pink circle is more my style. :^)

19-Feb-15
Rut, presque isle bay, straight of the public dock in Erie PA. 14 ft of water. Minnow rig, sinker on the bottom #10 Aberdeen hook 4 inches from bottom another one 10 inches above that one. I have a 2 man Shappell hut. Lots of perch from 8-12 inches. Come on down.

Mike

20-Feb-15
George, I don't know if I'd want to draw my selfbow out there today. I had -24 degrees this morning.

20-Feb-15
Have come back several times, George, to look at your pictures just to remind myself that the whole world isn't covered in knee deep snow and experiencing morning temperatures in the deep freeze.

Here in the northwest corner of Pennsylvania we've had several mornings lately in the -30 range (it's -32 as I type this note)and the only stumping I can do is vicariously through your photographs.

Hope you are well and still able to get out.

Best regards.

22-Feb-15
We've lucked-out with the snow so far this year. There's about four or five inches out there now, but it's been staying west and north or the eastern Alleghenies.

26-Feb-15
George,

Some nice pics you have there. I didn't realize you live just a mile north of my parents home place. Nice weather we've had this year!

• Sitka Gear