BOWMEN 27-Feb-15
longbeard 27-Feb-15
Mike in CT 28-Feb-15
Dr. Deer 07-Mar-15
Mike in CT 07-Mar-15
BowBen 09-Mar-15
Dr. Deer 10-Mar-15
23-Feb-15
Any one shoot elite? How do you like it?

23-Feb-15
I have the Hunter and love it. It would take a hell of a bow to make me switch companys. It is smooth drawing and a backwall you can hold all day long which i feel comes in real handy when a deer comes in. Try one and you wont look any further.

23-Feb-15
Spike,

I've pretty much been a Matthews man since about 1998 but I keep hearing great reviews of Elite bows from people that do a lot of target shooting and bowhunting. Way too many glowing reviews to not at least take one or two for a "test-drive" as I'm planning to buy a new hunting bow this year.

How does it compare to other bows you've shot? How would you rate it as far as being quiet?

Thanks much!

23-Feb-15
I bought mine last April. I was a Bowtech guy for 15 years but when I was in the market for a new bow I picked up an Elite because I wanted to shoot everything my archery shop had to offer before I bought my new Bowtech. Surprise surprise I could not believe the feel of these bows. In the end I had to make a decision between two Elites, the Energy 35 and the Energy 32. I settled on the E32 and love it...they are smooth, comfortable and quiet. Maybe just a bit slower than some other bows on the market, but at this point in my hunting career 99% of my shots are 25yds or less...give Elite a test drive before you make your purchase!

23-Feb-15
Mike, Put it this way, I was up in Niagara Falls Ny working and stopped by an archery shop just for something to do while being out of town. I toyed with the idea of a new bow but wasnt serious yet. I walked over and grabbed a Heli-m and said wow I like the low weight and compactness. Ive never been a Mathews guy but almost pulled the trigger. Then I grabbed the Elite and drew back and said wow that pulled easy whats this 60lbs? The guy said no thats 70lbs! I shot my Parker at 63lbs and 70 with the Elite was easier to me. I noticed the back wall was dead and you have to actually throw the string forward to let your draw down. I was so impressed I ordered one right then and there. Like said above they are not speed demons, if you want that get a pse or bowtech. My Hunter is just that a hunting bow. I shoot 70lbs with a short 26.5 draw length and 355 grain arrows and im getting 285ish fps, not bad considering my draw length. My next Elite will probably be an 80# bow set at 75# with alittle extra arrow weight. 70# is so easy with it, so why not?

23-Feb-15
Forgot to answer your question about quietness. I find it to be nice and quiet compared to my past bows. I believe my buddys Bear bow may have been a hair quieter but I don't think it matters much to me. As far as hand shock and vibration, nothing felt.

23-Feb-15
Spike & Longbeard,

Thanks much for the feedback! I am not looking for a bow that will break the sound barrier; I don't do the 3D circuit anymore and really want to have a great hunting bow more than anything else. Like LB, about 99% of my shots are inside of 25 yards so anything over 275fps in my book becomes "window dressing" at that range.

Given that I draw 30" I'm willing to bet my 400 grain arrow is going to be tooling along just fine! Now I'm really looking forward to shooting a few!

Thanks again guys!

23-Feb-15
Keep us updated, I'm curious what you think about it?

23-Feb-15
Mike if that is the case then you would be remiss if you didn't try an Elite...I believe from what you have said,they will be a perfect match for your needs!

24-Feb-15
I posted this in an earlier thread.

Last year in April I bought an Energy 35. It was going to be my hunting bow but I wanted to put it through the paces on some long distance target shooting too. I set it up for the Marked 3-D Nationals out in Redding CA and also shot it for a few field rounds and the New England Field sectionals. That bow just flat out pounds. It holds and aims like a dream and groups incredible. I liked it so much I also bought a Elite Victory this year. A couple of things I learned with these bows 1) Make sure your draw length is correct, if you are too short or pull too hard into the stops these bows bounce up and down. Just let the bow shoot itself. 2) I shot the bow MUCH better by setting the draw stops at a lower % letoff. Yes you can hold it all day with max letoff, and you almost have to push it forward to let it down, but you will see better accuracy with a little more holding weight. I was at Tepee archery in Acton the other day and they had a great selection of Victory's, Synergys, Energy 35s and Energy 32s in stock. So far the Victory has been even nicer to shoot indoors with than the E35. They changed the Victory grip and it fits my hand just right. Very stable bow.

24-Feb-15
Shawn thanks for the info. Will try one.

24-Feb-15
Might be in the market as well.

Who are the elite dealers in CT?

24-Feb-15
Newbury Archery is one.

24-Feb-15
Andover Archery is an Elite dealer. Also a Prime dealer, which is also an awesome bow.

24-Feb-15
Thanks,

Andover looks like it's on the wrong side of the River for me.

24-Feb-15
Andover is on the wrong side of the river for me too but it's worth the drive.

24-Feb-15
cjb,

Newbury no good? I haven't been to either one. I haven't bought a new bow in years.

24-Feb-15
Can't say anything about Newbury since I have zero experience with them. Every time I go to Andover I always see someone I know. Mark Hall has a million years of experience, gave me a killer deal on my Prime Impact and takes excellent care of my bow. Great shop.

25-Feb-15
im a elite guy too. 2013 hunter, nice easy drawing bows

27-Feb-15
2012 Elite Pure, love it..... one of the best shooting bows I have ever used. Andover Archery set me up!

27-Feb-15
Well shot the elite and it was nice. Tried four different brands. The Mathews no cam is what I took home great shooting comfortable in hand. 30fps faster then my Helium. With same setup and arrows.

27-Feb-15
Love my elite answer! Great bows and a great company. I've owned and shot most major brands over the years.

27-Feb-15
Good luck with the no cam. I shoot Prime Impacts for target & 3D. Hunt with a Mathews Z7. All great shooters.

27-Feb-15
Zack, not more cybertech?!!

The cybertech was one of the most forgiving, smoothest bows I ever shot, and that's saying a lot (not being a parallel limbed bow). I should've never sold it.

I suppose we need our new toys every so often

27-Feb-15
I have been shooting mathews for 20 years,I had very bad time with a creed(not happy).I bought a elite energy 32 in december,and love it,Real solid wall,great vally and very well balanced bow,a real pleasure to shoot.Barry up at Newberry was great.

27-Feb-15
I too love my E32 and I'm hearing great things about Barry up at Newberry Archery. I'm at the other end of the state but will try to stop in to see him when I'm up there turkey hunting this spring

28-Feb-15
Longbeard,

I've dealt with Barry for years; since 2000 I've bought a MQ32, MQ1, Q2, SQ2, Conquest2, Conquest 3, Legacy and Switchback. First rate service and great guy. After awhile his shop (when he was still in Torrington) was pretty mucy my personal "learn about setting up bows" tutorial.

Learned a lot about setting up and tuning a bow and Barry was invaluable in the process. I can't think of a better ambassador, period.

He may fall off his seat when I get out there in the spring and tell him I want to test fly some of the Elite bows!

It'll be time well spent if you make it out there.

07-Mar-15
For a few months, shooting an Elite Synergy and NoCam HTR. I'd give the Mathews an A+ and the Elite an A-. Little heavier, slower and less accurate. Shooting both at 65 but the synergy is a maxed out 65 lb limbs. Should be better, Like the slight reflex in the grip portion of the riser, kind of like my BW recurve. But 40 yard groups are a baseball with the NoCam and a softball with the Synergy, same maxima red arrows on both, same QAD drop away. No doubt a great bow, but in my hands Mathews is just a little bit better. Will probably use the Elite in CT where the shots are inside 40. Oh, both have nearly no hand shock or noise, but the elite lets down a bit smoother and is slightly smoother on the draw. Important features in whitetail country.

07-Mar-15
Rob,

Thanks for the insights; I could see the smoother draw and letdown as a big plus in the NE when you get into the late season and even moreso when you go out in January.

I'll probably test fly both in April when I clean up after Mother Nature!

09-Mar-15
I own an elite e35 and I just bought a mathews no cam htr, dr deers review is spot on.

10-Mar-15

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
My no-cam set up may be part of the reason for the tight groups. I have a side stabilizer on it but not so on my Elite.

• Sitka Gear