Phil Magistro 25-Feb-15
bill v 25-Feb-15
Brad Gehman 25-Feb-15
RMH 25-Feb-15
DaleHajas 25-Feb-15
Brad Gehman 26-Feb-15
Brad Gehman 26-Feb-15
25-Feb-15
I know we have been through all the Sunday hunting wars before but it is not over until it is over. I have designated this thread as "Debate Free" because of all the extraneous pissing matches that start when this subject comes up.

The NRA had just stepped up to help the hunters of this state petition lawmakers to repeal the antiquated "Blue Law" that is preventing the PGC from having complete control of scheduling hunting seasons. If you agree then please sign the petition at the link I have provided and forward it on.

http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/pa_sunday_hunting?recruiter_id=63300

Also State Rep. Frank Farina has or will be introducing a bill in the legislature soon that will do the same thing. He is looking for co-sponsers at this point so contact your reps (again) and ask them to co-sponser and support this bill.

thank you

25-Feb-15
It's nice the NRA is helping but they are late to this game. There is a group of folks that have been working on this for some time and tried unsuccessfully to file a lawsuit to make Sunday hunting an option.

This bill is the next step and has at least 8 co-sponsors but could use more. There is a Facebook page with lots more information on the efforts to open Sundays for hunting - https://www.facebook.com/HuntersUnitedForSundayHunting

25-Feb-15

bill v's Link
Heres the link

25-Feb-15
West Virginia is expanding SH, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, as well. Pretty much all the surrounding states, and even Delaware is getting in on it.

Sadly, hunting seems to be a "vice" in the eyes of our legislature. While they have legalized all other vices on Sunday, drinking, gambling, etc. hunting remains a "vice"

IMO, hunting is a FAMILY BUILDING activity. It should be allowed. No safety issues.

I appreciate the NRA getting on board. We have within this state a grassroots group willing to also help. But, as in Virginia, it will take the help of all to see this thru.

25-Feb-15
Why is the NRA sticking their nose into hunting issues? They need to just focus on the 2nd amendment. All they will do is loose members just like they did with their stance on crossbow.

25-Feb-15
My thoughts too Ryan....

26-Feb-15
NRA has always "stuck" it's nose in hunting issues.

It is part of what they do.

26-Feb-15

Brad Gehman's Link
Link to NRA hunting issues

• Sitka Gear