shakyheadsabol 26-Feb-15
Babysaph 26-Feb-15
grizzlys61 27-Feb-15
grizzlys61 27-Feb-15
Jim Casto Jr 27-Feb-15
Babysaph 27-Feb-15
sundaynwv 27-Feb-15
26-Feb-15
http://wvmetronews.com/2015/02/23/antlerless-hunting-proposals-reflect-lower-2014-harvest/

26-Feb-15
More of the same.

27-Feb-15
Looks like same old stuff , never even going to talk about a lower buck limit.

27-Feb-15
If we kill fewer bucks. Wv dnr lowers or changes the doe tags ? Why is that?

27-Feb-15
Not sure, but I think the DNR has always used the buck harvest per square mile as the benchmark to determine limits for the following year.

Same with the turkey harvest to determine fall season in some counties--I think.

27-Feb-15
Well where I hunt they do kill too many does.

27-Feb-15
Jim Casto Jr.

They say that they use buck harvest per square mile to determine the earn a buck status or doe seasons but the regualtions say differently. Calhoun had the largest buck kill drop in the state yet maintains the earn a buck status while other counties with higher buck per mile kills are reduced? Hmmm?

Granted, I am glad Calhoun still has an earn a buck regulation but it doesn't make sense with their statement.

“We use the buck kill per square mile as an index to each county’s deer population,” he explained. “When the buck kill drops to a certain level in any given county, we adjust that county’s antlerless-deer season."

calhoun's buck kill dropped 57% and had a two year avergae buck harvest of roughly 2.98. Wirt has a two year average of 4.07 but was taken off the earn a second buck regulation.

• Sitka Gear