TAC 21-Apr-15
griz 23-Apr-15
horsethief51 23-Apr-15
arrowwood 24-Apr-15
horsethief51 01-May-15
griz 21-May-15
horsethief51 21-May-15
27-Feb-15
I am planning on going to some bow shoots this year and was wondering if any of you guys or gals attend any of the shoots around Pottstown, PA. Like the Birdsboro or lower Potts Grove shoots. I shoot a longbow and was wondering if anyone knew if the shoots were set up only for compounds or just how they all work in general.

Thanks

27-Feb-15
There are a number of traditional shoots in PA, MD and NJ. The PA Longbow Association has a few. Not sure why but their website is down. There's a fairly big shoot in Whittingham, NJ in April. The Baltimore Bowmen's Classic is in May. The PA Longbow annual shoot is in June north of Williamsport. There are also local shoots held by the PA Longbow Association.

There are a few folks close to you that shoot traditional and hold or attend shoots over by Langhorne. I'm sure there are others I've overlooked.

27-Feb-15
You are in the highest concentration of clubs with bow shoots in the state. Most clubs have open shoots once a month on some regular basis. You will see all kinds of gear. They usually have shooting stakes for various classes from kids to pro, with traditional thrown in there somewhere.

Many clubs have gotten away from giving out prizes/trophies and are just fun shoots for braggin' rights. Some stickbow guys never fill out their scorecards.

Used to have some serious field archery competition in the old Keystone Federation, which eventually grew into 3-D shooting. We also used to shoot 2 different clubs in one day quite often. Even shot three 3-Ds in one day once.

27-Feb-15
Tiico, when I get back from vacation I'll hook you up with some traditional archers in your neck of the woods...they shoot a lot all year 'round.

01-Mar-15
horsethief and I fill out our cards until the shooting goes south and then we quit.......I generally quit first :)

03-Mar-15
Thanks for all the feedback. I am ready for some warmer weather

03-Mar-15
Start off at the UBP archery golf shoot in Manheim at the Tree Top Golf course. March 7 this Saturday. There are prizes for traditional archers.

21-Apr-15

TAC's embedded Photo
TAC's embedded Photo
Prime Total Archery Challenge fueled by Mtn Ops is returning again to 7 Springs Resort on June 5-7th, 2015 and bringing you the Worlds Greatest Outdoor 3D Archery Experience in the Nation. We work hard to provide a fun, family friendly environment where everyone can enjoy the great sport of archery. It’s like we always say, “Life… Its Better with a Bow!” The Prime Total Archery Challenge fueled by Mtn Ops, or TAC, is the foremost leader in fun non-competitive outdoor 3D shoots in the United States. We work hard to provide our participants with real world archery shots in a safe and family friendly environment. Participants can expect: 100+ 3D archery targets You can do any course and start at any time within the open times. Remember this is a fun shoot. Multiple Courses for different skill levels. (You can shoot any course and scoot in to a comfortable range) Locals Course-15-40 yd shots minimal angles Prime Course (toughest course but a lot of fun)- Rocky Mountain Western Shoot, 40-100 yds with steep angles and tougher shots Exotics Course- 25-65 yds with steep angles and good shots that test your skill Stationary Kids Range 10 target shoot at dinosaurs and Zombies! Kids Course- 12 target from 5-20 yds. This is a great beginners course and fun kids shoot. Pop-up System with moving 3D targets Novelty Shots with the chance to win multiple prizes. Win a Truck, an Oklahoma Whitetail Hunt, a Rinehart target and more. King of the Mountain- For those of you that like a little competition, we have added the King of the Mountain. This competition is pay to play. This is done on the Prime course and the highest score wins. Good Luck! Vendors with the latest outdoor products - Free Education for novice and beginners - An Amazing Venue - Fun for the whole family - Great food! This is the one archery event you do not want to miss. All participants that Pre-register online by May 15th will get an awesome Event T-Shirt and an EXTRA entry to win a Prime or Quest bow (Target bows are not included). Please feel free to contact us at anytime we look forward to seeing you soon. Register today for a chance to win a new Prime Bow @ www.totalarcherychallenge.com Thank you, The Total Archery Challenge Staff [email protected] Ph # 801-380-6442 "Life...It's Better with a Bow"

23-Apr-15
Souderton Harleysville Gun Club has one every third Sunday May - September. Great shoot. We have a varied terrain and the target type and shots get changed every shoot. We welcome all archers and don't care if you shoot from the pegs or move closer. $10 for 30 targets and great food too. We are in Tylersport, Montgomery County. Schultz and Clump Roads. Bring your hiking shoes because its a good up and down hike. Kids under 12 shoot free. No crossbows.

23-Apr-15
SH has one of the neatest courses I have ever shot at. Still put the gator in the pond Chris? How about the broken arrow collection sight up in the rocks? I especially liked the antelope in the field with the hill in between the shooter and the target. It is not really as hard as it sounds, but it can be as challenging as you make it for youself.

It's what I miss about not living in Montgomery County anymore.

24-Apr-15
Tico, look up Stowe Archers, they have monthly outdoor 3D shoots this time of year. There's always a traditional stake, probably 30-35 yard max.

01-May-15

horsethief51 's Link
UBP Club sponsor shoots.

21-May-15
Horsethief51, No gator in the pond but we still run a bear or mt lion up in the cave. Last year we cleaned about 100 pcs of broken carbon and aluminum out of that cave. Not a long shot but those boulders play head games with people. Our course is set up for hunters and we set targets up like you would see them in the woods hunting. We get a complaint now and then from the target guys because they aren't set at 40 + yards and perfectly broadside but we do it for the hunters. Had our first shoot on Sunday and we got a lot of compliments on the course. Still only $10, still serve a great menu for breakfast and lunch and you still get a good hike through the woods (and up hills!!).

21-May-15
Wish I was closer sometimes. I remember a shot in the open near the pond at an antelope with a hill in the middle. You had to put your 40 yard pin on the top of the hill and your arrow would arch over the hill and still hit the target.

• Sitka Gear