sundaynwv 05-Mar-15
Babysaph 05-Mar-15
WV Mountaineer 07-Mar-15
sundaynwv 08-Mar-15
Jim Casto Jr 08-Mar-15
bicster 09-Mar-15
WV Mountaineer 10-Mar-15
28-Feb-15
Do you have grouse in your area? It was probably early 90's when I heard the last one drum or saw any.

28-Feb-15
Very few around here anymore would like to raise some among other birds like pheasant quail and chuckers and turn em loose

28-Feb-15
My wife flushed two grouse today on the farm while trying to kick up a rabbit, she killed one rabbit so it rabbit for supper tomorrow night

28-Feb-15
I see the in the National Forest above Richwood once in a while. I saw one in late December up on the Highland Scenic Highway.

28-Feb-15
I hear a few in the spring.

28-Feb-15
Almost non existant here in Mason county, saw one 3 years ago.

01-Mar-15
I still see and hear a few on my lease in Wirt Co Spring and Fall. I saw last Fall where some critter killed and ate one about the 1st of September. I know the Internet Police among us would have reported it but, ALL THE EVIDENCE WAS ATE ! LOL

God bless

01-Mar-15
Seen more this past Summer in Pocahontas Co. along the roads than I have seen in years anywhere. But all in all I have not seen a lot in years, anywhere in the state.

01-Mar-15
Have not seen or heard a grouse in 2 or 3 years. Where i hunt once had a huge amount of them. Just not there anymore. There are lots of stories as to what happen to the grouse.

01-Mar-15
certain parts of Wyoming co very plentiful. Other parts I have never seen any. Try Wyoming co never boone or ral border when walking the old mining roads see a lot in shumaker trees.

01-Mar-15
Too many hawks. Too much timber stand improvement by land companies removing grape vines. A lot of variables. But, there aren't nearly as many now as when I was younger. God Bless

01-Mar-15
WV Mountaineer, you just need to get out and burn more shoe leather. They are out there but just not hiding under every beech tree. It just takes a little more effort than some are willing to put forth to find them.

02-Mar-15
I've seen an in increase of grouse on my place over the past few years. Love to see more of them!

03-Mar-15
Flushed one yesterday while out hanging cameras

03-Mar-15
Used to jump some all the time on the bluestone wild life management area haven't jumped one down there in years now wish I had the money to buy a surrogator I would atleast stand a chance of seeing some around the house

03-Mar-15
Wildlifemanagementtechnologies.com

03-Mar-15
wvmule,

Now that was funny. :^)

05-Mar-15
Jim Casto Jr, I was wondering when someone would pick up on it. Lol! Glad I made someone smile.

05-Mar-15
Wvmule ...You forgot to mention to get off the corn piles.

I agree very funny.

05-Mar-15
Hilarious !

God bless ya !

05-Mar-15
Or you have to be willing to drive an hour to the single best grouse management unit in the nation right in our back yard. Clear Cut central in WV.

05-Mar-15
Wv mule too funny. I walk back into the wilds of the National forest in Pendleton county and see no end to them. They are everywhere. I have trouble carrying them out.

07-Mar-15
That was funny mule. I just saw it too. Been out for a while.

Might be do to the fact that I've been spending too much time in mature timber where they rarely exist. I bet I could find some though if the urge hit. :^)

I'm a reasonably smart guy. I wander about the majority here though, (Corn pile hunting does that to people.). These guys can't find a mature deer in the whole state. Then I realize the IQ scale doesn't apply to big buck hunting whiner's that routinely hang out here. God Bless everyone. 'Specially you whiner's.

08-Mar-15
Due to the fact I don't bait deer, I know you are not referring to me.

08-Mar-15

09-Mar-15
I occasionally kick up grouse when I run in the New River Gorge. They sure do startle you when you are by yourself and unarmed.

10-Mar-15
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. Just poking fun at all of you. There is no moral harm in baiting so, there is no need to distinguish yourself from it. God Bless

• Sitka Gear