swampyankee's embedded Photo

01-Mar-15

01-Mar-15
Wow did you take these from the truck ?

01-Mar-15
friend of friend did on his way into the plant. said the bobcat was lifting the deer right off the ground like nothing.

01-Mar-15

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
This bobcat got hit next to my house on the road. She looked big, fat, and healthy. Badass little animal for sure

01-Mar-15

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
This bobcat got hit next to my house on the road. She looked big, fat, and healthy. Badass little animal for sure

01-Mar-15
My buddy who works at millstone sent me pics as well. Pretty amazing that a cat that size could take down a deer!! Time for open season on cats!!

01-Mar-15
That appears to be a big bobcat

02-Mar-15
could that have been a road kill ?

02-Mar-15
Looks like the deer may already be dead???

02-Mar-15
He's got it around the throat, which would suggest he was suffocating it by cutting off the deers air supply. The neck is bent back in some picks, don't think the bobcat could twist the neck around on a dead deer who'd sat out in the cold for a period of time. Notice the legs straight out in some pics, and pulled toward the deer in others, suggests a struggle was taking place, which makes this a badass bobcat. Damn nice pics!!!!!

02-Mar-15
swampdonkey thanks for sharing those pictures, they're really rare pictures to see. I've seen cats and deer, but never a cat on a deer in the midst of a kill. Very cool!

02-Mar-15
Cool pics.

02-Mar-15
Very nice pictures I have been seeing alot more bobcats on my street ,now I know they impact the deer.Again very cool pictures!!

02-Mar-15
Incredible pictures! Just make sure that add this kill into the correction factor for the deer population ;)

02-Mar-15
Too bad your friend didn't back track the tracks and find out if it was a road kill or not. Pretty rare pics regardless.

02-Mar-15
It wouldn't surprise me if the Bobcat killed that deer, they kill deer rather routinely.

02-Mar-15
That deer is definitely alive! If it was a road kill the cat wouldn't be holding a death grip on the neck, it would be eating from the soft belly. The deer is also not stiff, and we all know that get stiff pretty quick after they're dead.

02-Mar-15
Cool pics for sure! Spike word of caution though I believe it is illegal to posses a Bobcat in this state regardless if roadkill or not...Not 100% sure anyone know for sure?

02-Mar-15
Longbeard, I'm from MA where we have a season for them. My buddy took it to the taxidermist for a mount. I will post some pics of his and one the I shot as they are done. Mines done in a few weeks and Im psyched to finally get it back.

02-Mar-15
cool pics swampy . spike , you sure the raisin bran didn't kill her.lol

02-Mar-15
Lay off my raisin bran notme, I saw your tummy, I know what your all about lol.

02-Mar-15
FEED ME !!!!....LOL

02-Mar-15
Very cool pics

11-Mar-15
For any doubters.. Look at the deer's legs in the third pic and tell me again that that's a roadkill! Possibly crippled by a car, but sure looks alive & kickin' to me....

But with that aside.... My thinking on predators goes back to reading Aldo Leopold at an impressionable age, I guess. I'd rather have them around than not. And I'm not worried that we're going to run out of deer... I think we've gotten spoiled around here with so many tags and so many targets available.

Don't get me wrong... I love eating venison as much as anybody and more than most, but you can hunt just as hard for just as many days per year with a single tag in your pocket. Just have to decide whether you're ready to be done for the year before you go and fill it....

• Sitka Gear