happygolucky 19-Apr-15
SERBIANSHARK 19-Apr-15
Zinger 19-Apr-15
RutNut@work 19-Apr-15
Mike F 19-Apr-15
Bow Crazy 20-Apr-15
Cheesehead 29-Apr-15
01-Mar-15
Has the WBH been gaining or losing membership the last 15 years? Does anyone have actual numbers?

01-Mar-15
I believe losing but some guys here are on the inside heirarchy and would know the trend.

01-Mar-15
I'm sure they gained a few this weekend. They had a membership booth at a Green Bay sport show.

01-Mar-15
Unfortunately losing.

31-Mar-15
I just joined

01-Apr-15
Saw you sure worry about the WBH membership!!!

01-Apr-15
The WBH voted for the crossbow season, any possibility they will reform and accept crossbow membership? I am sure some members, and former members, have become crossbow shooters during the archery season. Trying to see what they stand for when compared to other groups, being futuristic.

01-Apr-15
Saw, you continue to showcase your ignorance. Let it go.

01-Apr-15
saw they can always join the cross gun federation.

01-Apr-15
Sawtooth,, I see your from Iowa. I did a quick search and can't find where you are on the Iowa Bowhunters as a board member or area rep.. Maybe not even a member. What's that all about ??? For someone that is so concern about the WBH I would have thought you would be really involved with the Iowa Bowhunters. I was at the public hearing in Madison on xbows and I didn't hear your name. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The WBH did the best job they could on the xbow issues with the limited resources they had against the all the big money that was put up by the xbow companies and the NRA.

Be thankful the WBH kept the xbows from being tethered to the vertical bows. But that maybe beyond your understanding how important that was.

01-Apr-15
arrow1 +1

01-Apr-15
Arrow, good post but I think you hit the nail on the head with "...that maybe beyond your understanding how important that was."

01-Apr-15
"The WBH did the best job they could on the xbow issues with the limited resources they had against the all the big money that was put up by the xbow companies and the NRA. "

This statement always confuses me although I believe money was a huge factor.

Who received what payments for allowing this to happen?

If payments were not rendered, what threats were rendered to who to allow for full inclusion to happen so quickly after the public voted against it? The threats had to include a huge monetary impact somewhere.

01-Apr-15
"Who received what payments for allowing this to happen?"

You believe payments were made for crossbows, maybe it was the other way around.

01-Apr-15
Geitz, happy has proved his ignorance on this issue many times. You'd have better luck explaining it to your retaining wall.

01-Apr-15
Ironic how Happygolucky, sawtooth, Dune and Antlerwhore are always the first to either start or respond to post complaining about WBH. WBH is a WI based org yet these folks are from MI, IA, MT and outer space, respectively.

And Dune......CaptMike is NOT a WBH member. So exactly where on this thread is any WBH member "name calling"?

And you can't count on my remark about AW;)

01-Apr-15
Arrow,

I believe that sawtooth is another alter ego of RC.

Just saying........

01-Apr-15
No, Mike. He is Preacher

01-Apr-15
Geitz, unknown to you, I just recently joined for a three year membership. The ignorance portrayed by a few on this site regarding WBH was enough to make me join.

I would ask Dune to consider that speaking the truth is not name calling.

01-Apr-15
" I just recently joined for a three year membership"

How in the world did we let you in? Thanks for joining.

Now I guess I have to join SCI Bowhunters.... Considering you guy feed me at your banquets, I guess it's a good investment;)

01-Apr-15
Only 22 more and you'll catch up to what I paid for! I'll admit, that may have been ignorant (paying the dues all those years), but I've done the same for many orgs.

01-Apr-15
CaptMike-

Glad to hear you joined!

01-Apr-15
"You believe payments were made for crossbows"

Geitz, don't tell me you really believe that palms weren't greased. Crossbows wouldn't be here if someone wouldn't have stood to make serious money, or political gain. The ruse that they were advanced for more hunter opportunity is laughable.

01-Apr-15
Rut, I said, "You believe payments were made for crossbows, maybe it was the other way around."

Think about it.....reverse it.

"Crossbows wouldn't be here if someone wouldn't have stood to make serious money, or political gain."

As it relates to my first statement....maybe crossbow wasn't the "please" but maybe more of a "thank you".

Heck, maybe if it was 6 years ago, the "thank you" of the day would have been conceal carry but the only "thanks" available at the time was crossbows.

Just say'n...

01-Apr-15
Whatever!

Man this gets old! Someone's palms greased, someone gained political clout, someone did this, someone did that! Someone kissed a frog and it turned into a prince....

We have a crossbow season in the bucket - number two is on it's way! Like it or lump it - doesn't change a thing!

Saw - find a topic we can really sink our teeth into!

01-Apr-15

Geitz's Link
Maybe this will help you understand

01-Apr-15
Good gosh. Please show me where I bashed the WBH in this thread. I asked a very simple question in regard to a comment that was made.

This comment was made "The WBH did the best job they could on the xbow issues with the limited resources they had against the all the big money that was put up by the xbow companies and the NRA. "

I simply asked where all the big money went and if money was not exchanged what big money are we talking about. It is that simple. How is that a bash on the WBH? You WBH people need to get over yourselves and your thin skin.

01-Apr-15
"No, Mike. He is Preacher "

Nope. I am Preacher, not sawtooth. I was booted when Rancid_Crabtree and many others were booted in January 2014 due to one infamous thread RC started. We were all allowed to come back and all did - done deal - get over it. RC has been booted around 10 times since coming back. You all condoned him and his multiple monikers. I only have one moniker and would never post under multiple monikers like RC did.

01-Apr-15
Enjoy your little game cross gunners!!

01-Apr-15
HEY JEFF GEITZ!

Answer the question. Are the WBH numbers rising or falling?

That's something as a Life member I don't know about. Maybe it should be published in the magazine...

01-Apr-15

02-Apr-15
"The WBH did the best job they could on the xbow issues with the limited resources they had against the all the big money that was put up by the xbow companies and the NRA. "

Could you or anybody else please verify for everybody your statements about the crossbow companies or NRA putting big money into the crossbow legislation? Please explain "specifically" who put money up, how much, and to where or whom was the money paid? As long as I am asking questions, here is another one, Can anybody even name a crossbow mfg. that was involved in the legislation in any manner, meeting with legislators, testifying at the public hearings, ETC.?

02-Apr-15
oldhunter, our country has a secretary of state who admitted to illegally wiping her illegal server clean and we can find nothing about her, yet you ask us to specifically cite who and what amounts of money may have been put up to state legislators?

It is water over the dam. We now have a crossbow season. Geitz did a good job of explaining how the NRA was able to influence lawmakers. They had their WI legislative liason testify at the hearings and attend multiple meetings with legislators, both public and private. In case you missed it, I'll say it again. The WI Bear Hunters played a huge role in getting this legislation passed. They worked very closely with the NRA, along with a couple legislators, namely Mary Czaja and Paul Farrow, who authored the bill in their respective houses.

02-Apr-15
I am not a crossbow or WBH guy but if the membership continues to decline maybe it would be a good idea for the WBH to get off their soapbox and accept the new weapon. A flipflop doesn't hurt sometimes. I mean you can learn from true professionals like our president and governor who have perfected it....... :)))))

02-Apr-15
"Could you or anybody else please verify for everybody your statements about the crossbow companies or NRA putting big money into the crossbow legislation? Please explain "specifically" who put money up, how much, and to where or whom was the money paid? As long as I am asking questions, here is another one, Can anybody even name a crossbow mfg. that was involved in the legislation in any manner, meeting with legislators, testifying at the public hearings, ETC.? "

Great questions. When I asked them, I was told I was bashing the WBH and showing my "ignorance".

"Geitz did a good job of explaining how the NRA was able to influence lawmakers. "

They contributed to Ron Johnson. That's all I saw in Geitz's thread. I don't buy the fact Ron Johnson is responsible when the Legislature voted 96-0 to approve and that being after a public vote voted against them.

02-Apr-15
Ron Johnson is a United States senator. He has no say in the WI senate.

The question is still ignorant, regardless who asks it.

02-Apr-15
Good grief...

Capt, for the most part, the bear hunters sat on the sideline. I don't blame them for their stance as it was their stance for years. They have a strong united membership.

Again, there was no "grease" from mfg or any other groups for the crossbow bill. It doesn't work that way.

I'll try to explain it in a way which I hope people can understand....

If I was the owner of the Packers and hired a GM who spent my entire salary cap on players, I would expect the team to win. What job security would the GM have if he failed to win one game? I spent a bunch of money and expect the win. If it didn't happen, the GM would be gone.

You have to remember the time of the crossbow bill. We just got done with recall elections($$$) and several shootings to include Sandy Hook. Gun control was front and center at the federal and state level. The NRA was battling just to keep the status quo. There was really no opportunity to advance firearms in WI but you need a win. What does the GM do? Do I blame the NRA or have hard feelings, no.

Do I blame or have hard feeling for the legislature or Governor...no. They had a bipartisan bill supported by the NRA, WCC, WWF and many other groups. God knows how bad George Meyer needed a win.

I'm not sure how happygolucky brings in Ron Johnson. My link was just to explain how the NRA works. Yes, the legislature voted unanimous for crossbows. No organization, other than the NRA, could have done it. The other groups were just along for the ride, especially the one trick pony crossbow group. Maybe the will be featured on an episode of "Where are they now?". They surely have not been involved in any other hunting related issues.

02-Apr-15
"Ron Johnson is a United States senator. He has no say in the WI senate. "

"I'm not sure how happygolucky brings in Ron Johnson. My link was just to explain how the NRA works."

Your link showed political contributions and Ron Johnson was listed from WI. How can there not be a correlation when you are showing the NRA contributing to political entities and Ron Johnson is the only one listed from WI? If the NRA did not contribute to others in WI, you analogy holds no water. This is actually very straight forward and simple.

The money questions remain pertinent. No organization can force their will on others unless money or other threats are involved. MN and IL have staved full inclusion as have other states. Did they have Walker by the groin?

02-Apr-15
"Seems like bowhunters are being told they are too ignorant to understand the WBH. That should help membership! "

Dune, it is really only one WBH member who calls everyone and everything ignorant and that is Capt. Mike. He learned a new word (ignorant) and feels obligated to use it regularly. Interesting thing though is that not even Geitz knew he was a WBH member. He must have made a huge impact so far. And why would it take a guy who is so involved and such a know-it-all to wait so long to join such a great organization? Makes no sense to me. Capt Mike has taken over RC's role as the WBH spokesperson who belittles everyone else. It is RC who chased so many away and now Mike is doing the same. I can't wait for his "ignorant" retort where he belittles others again. Geitz, you should reign Mike in before he completely assumes RC's role of ruining the WBH. So many here have really set a poor example of how public relations should work when you speak for an organization.

02-Apr-15

Geitz's Link
Happy, please read.

02-Apr-15

Geitz's Link
"If the NRA did not contribute to others in WI, you analogy holds no water"

Does it hold water now?

02-Apr-15
Happy-

You don't have a clue who I am nor I a clue who you are.

Until you know who I am and what I stand for I would suggest you think a little more about making outlandish statements like the ones posted above.

I for one will not hide behind a "handle" on this site or anywhere else.

I see no reason to do so.

Please do not include me in anything that RC has or will be involved in.

BTW how many new WBH members have you signed up lately?

02-Apr-15
It takes money to have political clout to hire a lobbyist...

that's why that 100 K was suppose to be maintained minimum balance for the Bowhunter Defense fund... 1000 bucks an hour for time on the capital floor for a cheap mouth piece... 5 grand buys you 5 hours .. 100 grand 20 times a such lobby power...

and you need to be in a position to recover those funds quickly... if you cant.. your defense runs out very quickly as it did... and we now have inclusive xguns as a result... will the separate tag ever effect anything?? Maybe .... but don't hold your breath... the xgun is now going to be considered traditional WI hunting equipment... and we certainly can't pee on tradition here in WI... and look outside the box....LOL

02-Apr-15
"that's why that 100 K was suppose to be maintained minimum balance for the Bowhunter Defense fund... 1000 bucks an hour for time on the capital floor for a cheap mouth piece... 5 grand buys you 5 hours .. 100 grand 20 times a such lobby power... and you need to be in a position to recover those funds quickly... if you cant.. your defense runs out very quickly as it did... and we now have inclusive xguns as a result... will the separate tag ever effect anything?? Maybe .... but don't hold your breath... the xgun is now going to be considered traditional WI hunting equipment... and we certainly can't pee on tradition here in WI... and look outside the box....LOL"

Someone, please just shoot me

02-Apr-15
"I for one will not hide behind a "handle" on this site or anywhere else".

Mike you are spot on with that line. Many hiding behind their handles afraid to speak as who they truly are or believe in. Some real new handles popping up too.

"never posted before but been a wisconsin bowsite visitor for a long time" HAHAHAHA

02-Apr-15
Mike, my comments were about Captain Mike, not you. You are on a different planet than Capt Mike, RC and the others from WBH who constantly belittle others. I concur with pretty much all of your comments and you present yourself in a respectable manner. Capt Mike simply calls everyone and their comments ignorant when he does not like them.

02-Apr-15
Geitz,

Much better article that time and it makes perfect sense. The first article did not represent your point in that manner and was almost counter productive to your argument because you said no monies exchanged hands yet the article clearly shows the NRA making donations for what would amount to political favors.

The article clearly shows too why Walker shunned the Sportsmen for Walker people and signed the xbow bill seeing how the NRA helped him win his recall election.

Good info Geitz. Much appreciated.

02-Apr-15
Happyland, I speak for myself, not the WBH. I am glad the pictures helped.

02-Apr-15
"The first article did not represent your point in that manner and was almost counter productive to your argument because you said no monies exchanged hands yet the article clearly shows the NRA making donations for what would amount to political favors. "

The point I was trying to make was there was no money spent for crossbow inclusion. Whether it's the NRA or unions, Dem or Rep, lots of money is spent on elections. After, you expect that politician to support your stance. It's the reason Dem Senators fled during collective bargaining and will be the reason collective bargaining will be one of the first bills once Dems gain control.

Walker didn't shun Walker for Sportsmen as the NRA was involved in it. Also, Walker signed a bipartisan bill which was supported by the sporting groups and almost passed unanimously through both houses. Why wouldn't he sign it?

Even IF someone would have hired a $1000 an hour lobbyist as AW said(which typically cost 3-5k a month), it wouldn't have mattered. The money would have had more use in the crapper. Some think a lobbyist has some great ability to change a way a politician votes...sorry, they are only as powerful as the amount of people and money behind them. Even if WBH would be registered and able to have a conduit, the amount would be meaningless compared to organizations like the NRA.

Everyone knew the ugly redheaded stepchild was eventually coming. 55 and over was not supported by many orgs and no one was going to take up that bill. It was the perfect storm for the crossbow supporters. Money spent on recall elections, shootings, gun control and the NRA looking for a win. The initial full inclusion bill was basically passed in the Assembly before it was released.

While some say the amended crossbow bill is like lipstick on a pig, it does provide protection to bowhunters while still giving opportunity for others. Amending any NRA bill doesn't happen often, defeating one happens less. Two groups fought hard for this amendment and we were fortunate the NRA agreed. That's why I have no hard feeling for the NRA or any other group that supported crossbows. Crossbows were eventually coming to WI, unfortunately I was in the middle of it.

02-Apr-15
Happy-

Thanks for clearing that up.

02-Apr-15
A place should be located where Wisc.Bowhunters Assoc members/critics and reps could meet and have a listening sessions along with exchanging new and old ideas and direction the members and critics want or expect the WBH to go and or lead to represent and preserve/protect bowhunting, or at least provide some viable solutions etc.

If could be more constructive than many of the threads and posts here.Personal contact may be much better,might find many have more in common that we think. What do you folks think of this idea?

02-Apr-15
"A place should be located where Wisc.Bowhunters Assoc members/critics and reps could meet and have a listening sessions along with exchanging new and old ideas and direction the members and critics want or expect the WBH to go and or lead to represent and preserve/protect bowhunting, or at least provide some viable solutions etc"

Steve, WBH has a annual meeting, convention, board meeting and broadhead shoot. Members are free to contact their director anytime. My address, email and cell phone are on everyone of my cards and listed in the magazine. In many of my article, I've asked members throughout the state to contact me, regardless of their district, if they have any question or concerns. I've taken many membership ideas to the board. I really don't know how more open I can be.

Yet on Bowsite, WBH is bashed for not listening to our members? But it's the same faces at the annual meeting, members requesting to speak in front of the board but not showing up and unfilled director seats. We continually ask for member participation and active directors, but very few volunteer.

02-Apr-15
"Everyone knew the ugly redheaded stepchild was eventually coming. 55 and over was not supported by many orgs and no one was going to take up that bill. It was the perfect storm for the crossbow supporters. Money spent on recall elections, shootings, gun control and the NRA looking for a win. The initial full inclusion bill was basically passed in the Assembly before it was released. "

I'm not monday morning quarterbacking here - just asking your opinion as you are playing nice right now and your insight is appreciated. Here it goes - if 55 and over was passed, might it have helped stave off full inclusion? It would have looked like the organizations were willing to bargain versus taking the all or nothing stance. Again, I understand hindsight is 20/20, but I'm curious if some close to the matter wish they had a do-over on that account. Please note, not bashing, just asking.

02-Apr-15
" if 55 and over was passed, might it have helped stave off full inclusion?"

55+ would NEVER have passed. It had no support. Pro-crossbow lobby wanted full inclusion, anti's wanted no crossbows. WWF and the WCC was the only groups that supported it and both did not have strength to champion it due to past issues. Legislators didn't want to revisit crossbows again a few years down the road.

But IF 55+ would have been a bill, it probably would have been amended into full inclusion. If it would have passed as 55+, it would have really been "lipstick on the pig" as it would have only led to full inclusion a year or two down the line.

IMO the legislators and some groups wanted it over an done. If you're cutting of your arm, why cut an inch a day?

"as you are playing nice right now"

I always play nice.

02-Apr-15
Thanks again for the feedback Geitz.

"Legislators didn't want to revisit crossbows again a few years down the road. "

I'm thinking this will be a true statement going forward too even with the categorization of data which was a great approach, albeit one that will most likely never be utilized. Given the facts about how the NRA got in bed with various decision making parties, I just can't see anything changing on this in the future.

02-Apr-15
If numbers continue as we have predicted, the elephant in the room will not be bow hunters or crossbow hunters. The NRA will more than likely not revisit again because the elephant consist of their members. The NRA got inclusion of crossbows, I doubt they care anymore.

If the numbers lean toward the crossbow supporters and no one cares, their season would remain concurrent.

Why would anyone care to change the law? What groups or legislators want to go thru another 8 months of hell again? The crossbow bill divided so many groups, no pro hunting legislation was even worked on after the crossbow bill. Two wasted years of having a pro hunting legislature and governor but getting nothing done. The whole situation was handled wrong.

02-Apr-15
Geitz,I know about convention etc, just thought different setting for members and non-members to have discussion maybe some would join and would or could be a way to show in person the benefits of belonging to the WBA. Just a thought.

02-Apr-15
Geitz,I know about convention etc, just thought different setting for members and non-members to have discussion maybe some would join and would or could be a way to show in person the benefits of belonging to the WBA. Just a thought.

02-Apr-15

03-Apr-15
Some place warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano?

03-Apr-15
Hmmm. I thought it was swallows that flocked to Capistrano...

03-Apr-15

HunterR's Link
"Hmmm. I thought it was swallows that flocked to Capistrano..."

Not if you're trying to be cool by quoting Jim Carrey...

"No wonder they are losing membership, look how they demean potential members and readers on a public forum. Many read and see this name calling by Club members."

No doubt, apparently some of these guys have no clue how many potential members they are chasing away just by being arrogant jackwagons on these forums. I find it funny.

03-Apr-15
Geitz, you are cool!!

03-Apr-15
"No doubt, apparently some of these guys have no clue how many potential members they are chasing away just by being arrogant jackwagons on these forums. I find it funny."

I'm surprised you haven't been attacked by those arrogant jackwagons for making that truthful and honest comment. Public relations skills are not the forte of many of those spokes people. One thing is for certain, RC has been replaced.

03-Apr-15
More wisdom from the 20 member Wisconsin Crossgun Federation !

03-Apr-15
As a life member let me say this - many of the directors have open lines of communications with their members, regardless of where they live. Jeff, Mike P, Don and Bill are willing to talk. Heck even if you contact Mike Brust he will get back to you.

If you have something urgent call the office and someone will get back to you.

Jeff works his butt off and doesn't get enough credit a lot of time.

There are some directors who aren't the greatest people persons but you will get that in any organization.

07-Apr-15
So how does the WBH plan to control the xgun seeing it's plan to have a separate license is their only defense for their support of full inclusion??

100 grand minimum in the Bowhunter Defense fund is set in the by laws from what I believe the founders set..

Couple of legit ? S

#1 What is that present balance

#2 If you have a Bowhunter defense fund... if it's not for defending against other weapons and groups stealing days or integrity from bowhunting... WTH did the founders set a 100 grand minimum for??? To defend against what?? Tree huggers?? Sierra Club??? Human society?? Who??? Cause those groups never threatened the integrity of Bowhunters like the xgun has...

Just funny there is a so called Bowhunter Defense fund.... to defend what? Xguns?? I am pretty sure tjat Defense fund was established and maintained for defense against other hunting groups that argued against Bowhunting..... bowhunters fought against Gun hunters to even get a Bow season from the start.... now they loose it to...yep.. you guessed it... Gun hunters.... exactly how is that Defense Fund coming along....?

LOL

07-Apr-15
AW - the xbow is not the boogy man, the deer are not going to disappear, because of it...... you still only get one shot,,,,,,,,

those who hate the xbow, are mad because its just more guys to share the woods with........

I think more hunters are a good thing, and less hunters is not so good, for the future......

if hunters had any brains, they would unite, both compound, trad and xbowers, and they would be a force to be listened too.

the lesser weapon bill, is when we had it right, but now that they are legal, time to pause.....

07-Apr-15
Razor-

Good post. I agree that more hunters are a good thing, but that has to come with a price. The lack of managing the public lands for wildlife puts a great amount of pressure on private land and drives up the cost of land.

Imagine what the deer population would be if the land was managed for wildlife instead of mature timber in the north.

Personally I don't care what you use to legally harvest a deer, bear, turkey, what ever you enjoy hunting.

Aw-

Why all the negativity her on the forum, when you can pick up the phone and have an adult converstation with your WBH director? They will be able to give you all the answers to your questions.

07-Apr-15
Simple ? S... nothing negative about asking ? S....what exactly is the plan to control xguns??

You guys want to hang your hat o. Support of more hunters the marrier...and the lesser weapon BS ..

I don't buy it... what is the plan?? You say it's significant that the xgun has a separate license ... yet it still has every opportunity Archers do...

I really got a problem understanding how any archery org who's basic membership is a conglomeration of 100s of small archery clubs across the state that relies on their own memberships and archery shoots to survive... how can switching archers to a xgun be beneficial to all those clubs your org is assembled from??

Clubs rely on participation...you don't need to have leagues and shoots for xgunners...there is no form to develop.. zero discipline involved so no league shooting required to become proficient...

So how can a org...that was built on all these little clubs across the state turn it's back on all those clubs??? Most will fold up shop...any that just got by are certainly going to vannish...that doesn't promote more huntera... that promotes more. Xgunners.. and less bowhunters

07-Apr-15
Instead of waiting and relying on others to do something. What AW are you doing about it?

07-Apr-15
"if hunters had any brains, they would unite, both compound, trad and xbowers, and they would be a force to be listened too."

+1 but hunters are the most divided of all sportsmen on the planet so this can never happen.

07-Apr-15
While AW may be a bit out there on most things. He's spot on here. He asks WBH a reasonable question. They throw insults and the same question back at him. That is exactly the type of treatment I received as a member.

07-Apr-15
What am I doing about it..?? I stopped my money train to groups that no longer stand for my interests. ... apparently I am not alone.

What am I doing about it??

I ask some some ?s and I get zero answers... yet I should become involved?? Involved in what?

Can't base a org on deceit or lack of transparency. . If these ?s I asked are top secret...and on a need to know basis... and no one needs to know.. maybe we have reached the true issue..?? Maybe???

07-Apr-15
"Can't base a org on deceit or lack of transparency"

It works for the Obama administration, maybe the WBH were his mentors;) They better quick add that to that list of achievements;)

09-Apr-15
Sooooo much hate !!!

09-Apr-15
" I stopped my money train to groups that no longer stand for my interests."..."That is exactly the type of treatment I received as a member."

"He asks WBH a reasonable question."....." If these ?s I asked are top secret...and on a need to know basis... and no one needs to know.. maybe we have reached the true issue..??"

Your legit questions are: "#1 What is that present balance(defense fund)" and "WTH did the founders set a 100 grand minimum for??? "

Members have this information every year. It is obvious you and Rut are no longer members. Please explain exactly why you have the right to demand these numbers?

The situation with crossbows has been explained over and over. There was no stopping the advancement of crossbows in WI. WBH could have spent 200k and still would not have stopped it. It is clear in my links above, 200k was peanuts compared to another org.

"So how can a org...that was built on all these little clubs across the state turn it's back on all those clubs???"

Do you know how many clubs wanted to stop being WBH supporters because of our "no further advancement stance" on crossbows? Do you realize how many members were lost because of this stance?

Crossbows are exactly like baiting for WBH. Half supported, half was against.

AW, you feel strongly the WBH is the problem. Maybe the problem is you and people like you. You are so dead set against one hunting method(baiting), it clouds your judgment and causes you to lose sight of the big picture, protecting hunting in general. Just maybe, you and people like you are the reason we have crossbows. You and others allowed a hunting method(baiting) fester so badly you quit one of the few orgs in a position to battle crossbows and then in turn, attack that same org.

I rarely hear bear hunters complain about bait vs. hounds. Never heard turkey hunters complain about shooting birds with what weapon or methods they use. Never heard anyone argue if it was more righteous to shoot ducks in a corn field, marsh or open water. Or gun hunters having major differences in ground stands or tower stands.

Yet every bow hunter's way is the righteous way. Simply, you shoot deer with a bow and an arrow. If you can't get over all those little righteous things and think about the big picture, you fail. All bow hunter fail as we cannot unite to defend our season.

AW, so the next time you want to place blame on crossbow....maybe you should look in the mirror.

"No doubt, apparently some of these guys have no clue how many potential members they are chasing away just by being arrogant jackwagons on these forums. I find it funny."

For having a little fun on a forum? Where in this thread have I attacked anyone other than simply explaining certain things? Maybe you should try to contribute something of value. And at least I'm a jackwagon with a sense of humor;)

At times, I'm ashamed to be a bow hunter and feel we deserve what's coming to us, let alone represent them anymore.

10-Apr-15
"Maybe you should try to contribute something of value. And at least I'm a jackwagon with a sense of humor;"

I contributed my opinion,here it is again;

That seems like a contribution to me. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean no one else does either. It's not all about you Geitz, even if you think it is because you're a director of a failing club, which coincidentally your conceited attitude probably doesn't help. And who doesn't have a sense of humor? I mentioned earlier how I find humor in the fact you and CaptMike and others can't control themselves and rise above, but instead continue being arrogant jackwagons on these forums.

"Please explain exactly why you have the right to demand these numbers?"

So, he would have to pay to join the wbh to get these numbers? As in these numbers are for sale? How much? Can a guy pay for the numbers yet not join the wbh? If so, I might be interested in that option. How many numbers and how much for each one? Discount on buying numbers in bulk?

10-Apr-15
Opinions and, well, other things. Everyone has one. As someone who apparently only wants to flame an organization, it helps put HunterR's in perspective.

Before a month ago, I was never a member of WBH so flame away but my statements represent my own personal feelings and nothing more.

Come to think, my opinion of HunterR is that he is a troll, hell bent on berating an archery organization. I could mention that the way he twists a statement about "paying" for information gives additional insight to his motives but it is already very apparent. Hell bent on crucifying someone who donates countless hours to a worthwhile cause, he certainly is no asset to the hunting community, in my opinion, of course!

10-Apr-15
"he certainly is no asset to the hunting community"

You know nothing about me. On the other hand,what I know about you is that you are stuck on yourself, very arrogant, and you call people names like a child would. I don't take credit for things I had nothing to do with, nor do I attempt to mislead folks into thinking my little club is responsible for things they had nothing to do with. If only you and Geitz could say the same. Keep posting CaptMike, and keep wondering why the wbh membership keeps dropping. Funny stuff.

10-Apr-15
Capt Mike, you are a perfect fit for the WBH internet mantra. You have done well taking over from RC in chasing people away in droves. You seem to stoop lower and lower with each and every post you make.

How is it though that a guy who has been bow hunting in this state for probably 40 years and who pats himself on the back while on his tall pedestal, ala Ronny, for "being very involved", did not join a bowhunting club so influential as WBH until a month ago? This is not a knock on WBH, just a question for you? You are a quick study though. Is RC your mentor? You always did respect and condone how he acted on the net even with his many handles.

"I rarely hear bear hunters complain about bait vs. hounds. Never heard turkey hunters complain about shooting birds with what weapon or methods they use. Never heard anyone argue if it was more righteous to shoot ducks in a corn field, marsh or open water. Or gun hunters having major differences in ground stands or tower stands. "

Geitz, I agree 100%. Bowhunters are elitists who want it all and want it all right now. They want the woods to themselves for 100+ days and gripe about anyone who does not hunt like they do. No other group of sportsmen are as contentious and divided as bow hunters. You are spot on there.

10-Apr-15
Agree, the bowhunters I knew in the 50's and 60's were class acts, willing to limit technology use from a gun, to a recurve. To limit their capabilities to kill, and rely on skill.

Today's bowhunter attitudes suck, period. There is no comparison, it is all about the kill and trophy. Bowhunters have abandoned traditional skills for triggers, more let off, and now crosscompounds.

Bowhunting values and the WBH are down the two holer.

10-Apr-15
Hunter, I know nothing about but you know me? You are pathetically laughable. The only thing we know for sure is you are quick to berate a good organization, along with one of its finest volunteers.

Hapster, I only stoop to talk to you on your own level. I got you to respond so the height must be correct. Chasing them away in droves? Does that make me a drover? Is that even a legal hunting method?

10-Apr-15
"Pathetically laughable"

That did make me laugh, thanks for that. CaptMike you seem to spend a lot of time trying to get the last word, and being an arrogant jackwagon that is very condescending towards others. Do you think that has anything to do with your involvement in the wbh or is that just how you are without the wbh?

10-Apr-15
Jeff,

You hit the "X" ring dead center.

The truth is that the WBH is a business, plain and simple. The members are the "owners". The board answers to those "owners". It is not a publicly traded company and the books are open for any member in good standing to view.

All of the information is available to the "owners".

In order to become an "owner" one must pay. Ownership is not free.

Just like the information to my private company or any other private company.

The books of the private company I am part owner in are open for the other owners to view. We discuss our budget, earnings, investments, expenses, growth expectations, etc.

None of this information is available to anyone that is not an owner.

If you want to invest in the WBH; if you believe in what the WBH stood for in the past, stands for today and want to help shape what the WBH stands for in the future come on and join.

If you do choose to be an owner, you can either be a "silent partner"(one who pays their dues and enjoys the benefits that they wish to enjoy) or become an "active partner" and participate when and where you can, and also enjoy the benefits of the membership.

The WBH is not for every bowhunter, just as the WBHA is not for every bear hunter, and Whitetails Unlimited is not for every deer hunter.

It's a choice you have to make, no one will make it for you.

It's just that simple....

11-Apr-15
Yep.. it's a choice... I could not agree more

11-Apr-15
Great post by MikeF. If a few of you took some tips from him when posting and could curb the condescending, know it all, arrogant crap that oozes from your posts, I'm guessing the wbh's membership might just increase a bit. It's really all about self-control and not publicly announcing that you're part of the wbh or trying to sell people on the wbh if you can't post without being a jerk. ;-)

^ My contribution. ;-)

11-Apr-15
HunterR, wasn't it you that made some comment about "getting the last word?" Better hike your britches, your pettiness is showing. And, as I suspected all along, the extent of your contribution is a half minutes worth of typing from your computer. Thanks for the effort.

11-Apr-15
"It's really all about self-control and not publicly announcing that you're part of the wbh or trying to sell people on the wbh if you can't post without being a jerk. ;-) "

Again, HunterR....please point out where on here I posted anything conceited, condescending, arrogant or where I announced/tried to sell people on WBH.

I really don't care if you like me or not. There was only one reason I got involved in this stuff and that was to make sure my children will have the same opportunities as I did, maybe get a few new hunters along the way. Nothing more.

We (sportsman and women) should be concentrating on ONE main objective....to promote and protect opportunity. This includes managing the resources to a level which not only provides great opportunity but is responsible to other resources.

We (sportsmen and women) should not attempt to self-regulate or restrict ourselves as it only slowly removes opportunity and growth in our sport. We are only working into the hands of non-hunters/anti-hunters. So who is your enemy? The guy who legally places a bait pile? Deer drives during gun season? Group bagging? Or that guy who shoots a spike? I could go on but people have been doing it for decades. Has it been that bad? Do you consider it a low point? Just maybe, it's a high point.

You are led to believe hunting is your right. No, it's your privilege. What is set in statute can be changed by legislation. It's just depends on who is in control.

As few as you may know, I like beer. Nobody can take that away, right? January 17th, 1920 it was illegal to drink beer.....on March 22nd, 1933 a person could have a legal beer again. What would a 13 year hiatus do to hunting? I'm fairly certain there are a higher percentage of drinkers in the US than hunters. Drinkers could NEVER lose their rights, right?

So maybe you want to stop that "money train" as AW feels. Who's protecting you now? An org that puts on fancy banquets but is not politically involved? Or a state org, like WBH, WBHA, SCI, WTA and others? Letters and complaining on the internet will not do it.

Your battles are just beginning. Do you think the republicans will be in control forever? Nope. Without the safe guard of the NRB, you will be restricted. Crossbows? Bear hunting? The attack on the "barbaric" method of exsanguination? Your choice....they are front and center.....some will happen within the next 3 months.

So what is your back up plan? How are you going to battle these? Please don't look at me as I'm not going to be there.

Good luck.

11-Apr-15
There are people who purchase hunting and fishing licenses every year that believe that in no way shape or form that hunting and fishing can't or won't go away.

There are those out there that are willing to stand up and fight for that privilege and those who will smile and not even say thank you for offering me that choice.

Something as simple as a smart remark and you could loose the privilege of land access. Then what will you do???

Many take hunting, fishing or land access for granted. It can go away in the blink of an eye.

Be careful whose Cheerios you pee in. It may come back to haunt you some day.

11-Apr-15
"So what is your back up plan? How are you going to battle these? "

You would need to be a paying member of the same club I'm involved with for me to share the answers to these questions with you. Not that I'm avoiding your questions, it's just how it is.

"Please don't look at me as I'm not going to be there."

What an odd thing to say. As if you helped me in the past, or that you think I need your help now, or that I will ever need your help. Are you really that great? If so, I could use some help. A gentle steady rain lasting a few hours would be perfect, but don't make it start until tomorrow evening after we have most of our early food plots in. Thanks.

11-Apr-15
Jackwagon, condescending, or both?

11-Apr-15
"What an odd thing to say. As if you helped me in the past, or that you think I need your help now, or that I will ever need your help. Are you really that great?"

Again, never said I was great.....never said I did/would or am willing to do anything for you. I think I made it clear what and why I did/do.

Your really grasping. Maybe your club will make a difference, I tried. Maybe you will start a "grassroots" org and work from there. Maybe you eventually join a larger org to attempt to protect something. In reality, whatever you try(with bowhunters) will eventually be divided by baiting, crossbow or any other insignificant hunting method.....you lose.

Honestly(and as previously mentioned), I did what I did for my family. So please, don't expect me to make it rain or be upset when you lose opportunities. I never did it for HunterR/CJ or whatever you are.

Other than that.....you better knuckle up and fight what you believe in. Up to you, HunterR.... snit or get off the pot. You've got the answers.

So bow hunters..... what is most important?

11-Apr-15
So you both got the last word, good for you. And good luck attracting/maintaining members in the WBH. Me thinks you're gonna need it. ;-)

12-Apr-15
Keep up the good work Geitz !!!!

12-Apr-15
LOL... I like beer too..it makes me a jolly good fellow..

"As few as you may know, I like beer. Nobody can take that away, right? January 17th, 1920 it was illegal to drink beer.....on March 22nd, 1933 a person could have a legal beer again. What would a 13 year hiatus do to hunting? I'm fairly certain there are a higher percentage of drinkers in the US than hunters. Drinkers could NEVER lose their rights, right?"

Your concern is loosing hunting rights..??? The anti hunters certainly know we approve of training wild animals to be shot at feed piles....yet all their power couldn't keep that practice out of WI..

Do they even have any power at all?? Or is it all a hoax..cause if the can't keep that detrimental practice out of hunting... they can not be very much to worry about...Heck drunk baiters couldn't live without it for 2 years... let alone 13..LOL..

that is a funny analogy though..prohibition....LOL

13-Apr-15
Funny only to those not bright enough to understand the analogy.

17-Apr-15

(RutNut - While AW may be a bit out there on most things. He's spot on here. He asks WBH a reasonable question. They throw insults and the same question back at him.) That is exactly the type of treatment I received as a member. I know and know this Very Well, I'm with you on this. I keep telling myself to drop out of the WBH but I also know of all the good they did back in the earlier stage of Bow Hunting so I manage to support the organization by membership and membership only. No more raffle tickets etc. Still I feel the WBH is needed. It was only a few guys that nearly drove me out but like I said we do need the WBH.

18-Apr-15
Squid- I remember it all too well!

Thanks for staying on board!

18-Apr-15
Squid, what makes you think that a volunteer for any given organization should be at the beck and call of someone who puts that same organization down?

19-Apr-15
In today's society it is very common for employment contract holders, employees, associates, board members, etc to be prevented from discussing, or participating on a public forum.

That is why certain thread responders do it under assumed names. Some of course scorn such a practice, but it is very common as who wants to lose their job or position over a forum participation? I know there are some bowhunting org members who actually post as nonmembers, is called incognito.

You never really know who is listening, watching and posting. That practice is becoming more prevalent. It may be that the WBA is actually suffering from "negative posting" forum participation and activity by it's members, worse yet, leaders and past leaders. Any thoughts?

19-Apr-15
Sawtooth-

Funny how you bring up assumed names! REALLY! I know of maybe a handful of people who don't use assumed names. 3 on this thread alone. Some use nicknames, which is great if you know them.

Heck, guys don't even use their real name when they signed up for the forum. What's to hide if you don't have an agenda???

Myself Naz Geitz

I often wonder the need to hide behind an "assumed" name.....

Such as Ray Forester, James Shoe, RC, etc.

19-Apr-15
"Squid, what makes you think that a volunteer for any given organization should be at the beck and call of someone who puts that same organization down? "

When a person is treated with a lack of dignity and respect, they will bad mouth an organization. To look at your question with different retrospect, what gives a person a right to treat others with a lack of respect just because they volunteer for an organization?

19-Apr-15
I often wonder the need to hide behind an "assumed" name.....

Such as Ray Forester, James Shoe, RC, etc. "

Mike, you are inaccurate in your assessment in my case. My name is Jim Schumacher and I was pegged with the nickname of James Shoe when I was young in regard to the Gym Shoe slant. It stuck and I use it often. I posted my real name and pictures of myself in the Who Are You thread last season. Nothing to hide here.

However, I don't blame people for not using their real names on the net. There are too many whackos out there who take stuff too seriously. You have a guy on here who has multiple personality disorder and feels the need to post under many handles. Lord only knows what people are capable of in today's day and age.

19-Apr-15
Glad to see we're still talking about the same stuff here.

How's everyone doing?

19-Apr-15
HOLY CRAP HE LIVES!!!!!!

19-Apr-15
I hope you are back Serb, the place isn't the same without you;)

19-Apr-15
Happy-

Thanks for clearing that up! Good to know.

Serb-

You finally came up for air!

What's up?

20-Apr-15
Serb, It's the same BS as always. Some of the same cast of characters, some new, but same ole same ole. I hope all is well and you are liven the dream! BC

29-Apr-15
Serb who? Haha yes. Same old bs here, very entertaining though...

• Sitka Gear