Shooting 100+ yards
New York
Contributors to this thread:
upstatearcher 02-Mar-15
skipmaster1 03-Mar-15
Cornpone 13-Mar-15
bow shot 13-Mar-15
02-Mar-15
How many of you practice the long range shots? I've got an adjustable single pin sight that will adjust to 100yds but allows me to shoot about 80yds with my setup. If i were to move the sight housing down any lower, my flights would make contact with it during the shot.

I have been shooting 80yds for a few years now but i'm considering changing the setup on my old drenalin so I can hit that 100yd mark.

Has anyone done this? I know I will have to adjust my peep for this, which is why I have not done this on my hunting bow.

What I want to know FIRST is, how much should I have to move my peep?, how uncomfortable will it be?, should I stick to 80yd and avoid creating bad habits?

This is for shooting foam, not game!

03-Mar-15
I usually shoot a 7 pin sight. 30, 45, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100. My sight broke just before season and the shop only had a 5 pin sight. I'm currently 30, 40, 50, 60, 70. My yard only gives me 73 yards but I do have places I can go and shoot farther. With the current set up I can hit out to 80, pretty well. I love shooting long range but I would never start messing with my peep or anchor point to do it. If I were you, I'd leave it alone or get a multi pin sight that has pins lower in the housing. That might give you 100 yards

13-Mar-15
I regularly shoot to 60 yards with my setup. I have a HHA slider and that's about my limit...I could go beyond the marked tape for, perhaps, an additional ten yards.

13-Mar-15
70 for me, but my eyes are old and dim so, 'much past that and it's all "zen", lol!

I shoot 70 as much as 20.

I have a compact site (Truglo Trusite extreme compact) so there's no room for a lower pin unless I move the whole circular pin housing down. 'But I center the site housing in the peep so... that just creates a weird messy situation.

• Sitka Gear