gcolephone 07-Apr-15
Big-Otis-Jeff 07-Apr-15
gcoleman 30-Apr-15
Lethal Longbow 30-Apr-15
Little Bear 01-May-15
M.P. 25-May-15
Babysaph 25-May-15
04-Mar-15
Noticed I haven't seen Gobbler post for several days. I remember him Mentioning recent health woes. Hope all is well. Although I don't always agree with his point of view and/or opinions I have always enjoyed reading his posts. They usually get me thinking a lot more, which is what makes this forum so nice.

04-Mar-15
Last time I talked to him couple days ago he was leaving for California....he was selected for the next bachelor show.....seems all them young cuties wanted a manly outdoor huntin type for the next show...he mayb laying low so Marcia dont find out I dont think he used his real picture or told em he was married....this show is called Bachelors Big Sexy outdoor men 2 ...in respect for our buddy big sexy 1 lonnie sneed

04-Mar-15
Gobbler was selected to be on a new History Channel hunting show called "World's Best Bowhunter.1 hunter from each state was hand picked to be on the show for being know as their states best. I hate to give up show secrets but Gobbler was injured while filming the 3rd episode with a freak nose picking accident and broke his release finger. Because he impressed the shows top brass with his knowledge and skills he was kept on the show to give advice and tips as a Yoda type figure. The show will air this fall starting in October.

04-Mar-15
Lonnie sneed may have went with him cause I talked him last week and he was packing to go some where??...said something about a fantasy suite so got me

04-Mar-15
Maybe they are combining the two shows into one..world's best bowhunting bachelor...lonnie may have went as an alternate since smokey got hurt

04-Mar-15
I HEARD that He was letting his WVBA Director's term EXPIRE so He could Be with Ken and Join the WV Game Commissioners !

Lonnie would NEVER go to Californicators because, He has Standards !

God bless ya

Ron Miller

04-Mar-15
Crap - I thought this was gonna be a game like Where's Waldo!!!! I was thinking I was going to see him in a picture surrounded by crossbows! Or maybe in some coffee shop waiting to continue a discussion with someone who he made the invitation to on here! Rofl

04-Mar-15
JayD, Naaaa----Believe what I said. I think it will be a Wonderful Thing Gobbler being a Game Commissioner, in about 3 years, if it takes that long, there will be a 150 incher ,[ whitetail with HORNS] behind every tree ! lol

The sad thing, guys like me and JR wont get to POKE EM YOUNG anymore !

God bless

04-Mar-15
Interesting, Ron. One thing for sure, ol' gobbler stays informed about current wildlife issues. My guess is, he'd most likely make an excellent commissioner.

If that's true it would certainly account for why he's been missing here. A guy in that position couldn't get on these forums and "discuss" ... uh.... notions. He'd have to, shall we say, stay above the fray.

:^)

05-Mar-15
Cabin fever setting in guys?

05-Mar-15
Don, cabin fever is rampant on this site. Have you not picked up on that with some of the threads lately? :o)

05-Mar-15
I dont have cabin fever, been out in this weather every day since the 1st of Sept, course I did have hernia surgery 3 weeks ago so I have been laying low for that. I have enjoyed a break, but no , I have no cabin fever. My source is good and unless something happens what I said will come true.

15-Mar-15

gcoleman's embedded Photo
Congratulations to Gobbler! It's official he's new WV DNR Game Commissioner.....now time for you to get to work....make us proud buddy

15-Mar-15
Well, it appears that the Ron Miller "SOURCE" was as good as he stated.

This can be expected, because Ron is attached like a spoke to the hub around which everything revolves.

The good news is, for the next (7) seven years, Gobbler shall be referred to as....."The Honorable Dr. Greg Burnette"!!!!

15-Mar-15
Yeah a big congratulations to Smokey.Great to see this because I know you are a great choice for the appointment

15-Mar-15
My most sincere congratulations as well. I have no doubt he will make a most informed and capable game commissioner.

15-Mar-15
Congrats. Now we will get a one buck limit. Lol

15-Mar-15
I could say---I told you so hookman----but I wont ! lol...Congrats to Mr Honorable Boss Gobbler !

God bless ya

and JR, within 3 years we'll all be shooting 8 pts or better ! lol

15-Mar-15
Awesome....i actually thought something bad healthwise had happened. Babysaph, Gobbler has stated several times that he favors two buck limit. BUT he wants change and im happy for him.

15-Mar-15
Congratulations Gobbler, well deserved.

16-Mar-15
Ok . 2 buck limit.,we will see how thT goes first

16-Mar-15
Geez..there goes the chances of a youth shooting either sex during youth season...LOL..Just kidding..

Big Congrats Gobbler

16-Mar-15
Congratulations Gobbler. Although I differ on your thoughts on lowering the buck limit I think you are a fine choice for a commissioner.

16-Mar-15
Congrats Gobbler!

17-Mar-15
We can all say, "I remember Smokey when he was just a gobbler." Congrats Commissioner. You will represent the position well. Much deserved.

17-Mar-15
How long will it take for the two buck limit to go in effect?

17-Mar-15
JR - actually from my take of what I heard at the sectional meeting last night - I don't think we will see a reduction in the buck limit. Everyone I talked to said that they feel next year will produce some great bucks all across the state and they felt that aggressive doe management is the cause of seeing bigger bucks as of now. I will really be surprised if we see it even go down to 2.

17-Mar-15
Well if you remember JayD I have said that all along. I don't think it will ever go down because once a tax is imposed it is rarely ever lifted., and the tags we buy are just a tax on the bucks . The state can't afford the loss of income.

07-Apr-15
STill no sightings of the Gobbler...

Hope all is well......anyone heard from him?

07-Apr-15
He is Good I spoke with him at the banquet.

07-Apr-15
The last I heard he was studying the ways of Wen Pishi and using it in hope of learning more about the health and diets of whitetail deer

07-Apr-15
Talked to him last nite ...hes fine

07-Apr-15
OK...Good to know.

30-Apr-15

Congrats to former WVBA president Tim Reed for being appointed to WV DNR wildlife endowment fund board of trustees

30-Apr-15
Wow! Another former WVBA Officer goes "Prime Time". Me thinks I see a pattern developing.

01-May-15
And if anyone is missing Gobbler he can be seen at Ogleby Resort in Wheeling at 1pm for his first meeting as a Commissioner at the DNR Natural Resources Commission meeting.

25-May-15

M.P.'s embedded Photo
M.P.'s embedded Photo
This is funny. I guess he is like Paul Bunyan, John Henry and Bigfoot now

25-May-15
Too funny.

• Sitka Gear