Novemberforever 05-Mar-15
RJN 05-Mar-15
10orbetter 06-Mar-15
RJN 06-Mar-15
Novemberforever 06-Mar-15
Novemberforever 06-Mar-15
05-Mar-15

Novemberforever's Link
Great article for newbs on apple factors that affect fruit production. At the bottom of the article is a link as to which apples will pollinate eachother. Vital for fruit production.

05-Mar-15
There is about 30 apple trees on two different properties I hunt. On the family farm the trees are 70+ yrs old and a few are dying. I ordered 1 Liberty and 1 Chestnut Crabapple to plant this spring. Lately I've been pruning and cutting existing brush around the older trees. If I only had a 1/4 acre to plant anything, it would be apple trees.

06-Mar-15
RJN really? I will be doing a serious planting this spring. What apple tree of choice?

06-Mar-15
Im no expert but Liberty and Enterprise are disease resistant and grow very good in Wi. I am planting a chesnut crabapple after hearing the rave from other guys. They are also great pollinators for apple trees. The deer consistently come to the apples from Sep-Jan or until the last apple falls.

06-Mar-15
10, chestnut or dolgo crab, rosy cheeks or october high apple are late bloom(frost) late drop(fall hunting) Make sure You are on the right rootstock(b118, m111). Wolfraths in hortonville has a great selection. The big box trees are a crapshoot on rootstock.

06-Mar-15

Novemberforever's Link
link

• Sitka Gear