Naz 09-Mar-15
Huntcell 09-Mar-15
happygolucky 09-Mar-15
Duke 10-Mar-15
Bloodtrail 14-Mar-15
raspy old hen 15-Mar-15
05-Mar-15
Bloodtrail,

I read the falconers article about you and your wife in WON written by Dan Small. It is a very cool article and you and your wife have a very cool hobby.

I wish I could see your presentation at the Milwaukee Sports Show on Sunday but I'll be out fishing whitefish with my son.

I would have linked in the article here but it is not yet available via WON's website. I read it in the paper copy I receive.

05-Mar-15
I also read it today,very nice. I was wondering if that was you.

05-Mar-15

Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Yes Sir Re Bob - That's me and the better half with our hawks! Dan Small is a super fella and quite the outdoorsman! After all those years with Milwaukee PBS he can tell a few stories.

Two years ago I worked with him on a Jackson County Turkey Hunt - we actually shot a bird on camera! Just dumb luck - but I didn't tell Dan that. If I remember it correctly...I told Dan that he just shot "Ole' Crooked Neck" and I'd been hunting him faithfully for 4 seasons! (LOL)

As you can see my better half makes the show as she is way better looking than me and claims to be the better falconer!

We'll be there Sunday with the birds as this is our third year!Many good folks/questions and the kids get an up close and personal with raptors they often see but never get close too!

The wife is usually a big hit as not only an outdoors gal, but a lady falconer - not a common occurrence.

Look forward to it every year - Many families there!

06-Mar-15
Very cool!

06-Mar-15
very cool BT,,,,,,, you and your wife are special

06-Mar-15
Congrats. I'll keep an eye out for the article.

Won't be able to get to Milwaukee for this year's show, but if you plan on doing a presentation at the show again next year, please post something up in advance or shoot me a PM if you think of it. I'd love to bring the kids up so that they could pepper you with questions.

06-Mar-15
Bloodtrail that is cool, and best for you to just agree that your wife is the better falconer.

07-Mar-15
Thanks all for the kind words!

The idea of catching wild game with a trained raptor - wish I would have thought of that 20 years ago!

07-Mar-15
I actually never knew it existed and I think it is very cool. It has to be very rewarding too, like having a well trained dog for waterfowl hunting. I wish I could see the presentation at the show but the hard water beckons.

07-Mar-15
Pat, Can you capture wild birds and then train (under permit of course)? I have a facebook friend who lives out east, and does falconry, and has captured birds for future falconry. I wondered if it was a Federal thing, or state to state? He actually caught a juvenile red-tailed hawk by using a trap that sprung a wire cage around the bird causing no harm. I would assume most of the time, it would be a fledgling you would take from a nest, but was curious how it works?

08-Mar-15
All our birds are wild capture with the exception of chamber raised birds reared by breeders. Large percentage are wild, caught in the wild and manned down over time.

You tube has some awesome videos on falconry. Check them out and you'll learn much more than I can detail here. Interesting stuff.

09-Mar-15
Thanks!

09-Mar-15
Just read the article this morning. Amazing that a bird can be released back into the wild after working with a falconer for several years.

A film crew was mentioned. Can we expect to see you and the missus on MPTV?

09-Mar-15
Nice work! Dan is a great guy. Seeing this in action on Outdoor WI would be really nice!

09-Mar-15
Falconry "The sport of Kings" wow and here you are like a king

Only in America Fantastic!!!

09-Mar-15
"Seeing this in action on Outdoor WI would be really nice! "

Yes, I concur on that one. I'd love to see that.

10-Mar-15
Very nice! I just saw this article today.

14-Mar-15
Turkeyhunter - Yes - I'll let ya know when it airs!

15-Mar-15
Excellent.

• Sitka Gear