Silent Preyer 06-Mar-15
Ace 06-Mar-15
spike78 06-Mar-15
steve 06-Mar-15
06-Mar-15
Anyone else see this?

Proposed Bill No. 5695 January Session, 2015 LCO No. 2344

*02344* Referred to Committee on ENVIRONMENT

Introduced by: REP. JAY CASE, 63rd Dist.

AN ACT PROHIBITING THE USE OF FIREARMS TO SHOOT OR KILL A DOMESTIC ANIMAL ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ABSENT THE NEED FOR SELF DEFENSE. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened: That section 22-358 of the general statutes be amended to prohibit the use of a firearms on private property to shoot or kill a domestic animal unless such use is necessary to defend oneself or another person from such domestic animal. Statement of Purpose: To prohibit the use of firearms on private property to kill domestic animals.

---------------------------------------------------

OK, so we raise sheep, how would Rep Case propose we go about the process of transforming them into dinner?

Bludgeon them? Hang them? Cut their throat to bleed them out?

Honestly, what is the alternative to the small farmers who raise their own meat?

To me this seems like a solution in search of a problem.

06-Mar-15
Looks like Rep. Case didn't do (or, more likely, his aides) enough research before he proposed this bill. So typical of politicians, do they even consider talking to their constituents before deciding what's good for us? This guy is a Republican, and represents a rural area (Goshen, Colebrook, Winchester), you'd think he'd have some kind of clue about farm animals.

06-Mar-15
Nonsense, but not suprised.

06-Mar-15
silly man , everybody knows food comes from neatly wrapped plastic covered packages ?

06-Mar-15
So, I will have to drag it to the street (bill only covers private property) and shoot it there?

06-Mar-15
make sure to put a screwdriver in its paw first then chant , i was in fear for my life..lol

06-Mar-15
Sent Case a nice e-mail.

06-Mar-15
Anyone care to attempt to explain to me exactly what problem this bill intends to fix? I can't for the life of me figure it out. It makes no sense no matter what angle I try to look at it from. It must be one of those common sense gun laws.

06-Mar-15
What you guys thought that the animal you bought and the land you bought and pay taxes on were actually yours? I guess its time for the ole .22 and a pvc pipe with tennis balls. This country is communist its just people are too naive and stupid to realize it.

06-Mar-15
Which reminds me, go on the DEEP site and read about Malloy and the green initiative. I love how they say rates will drop by using alternative energy. I guess building fields of solar panels are free and the land they are built on is cheap or free. Just wait guys, we have that crap here in MA and the rates are going through the roof! Oh and it seems so green to me when you have to cut down every tree to put up solar panels and wind mills. Wheres the tree huggers when you need them?

06-Mar-15
I have a barn where I am raising meat cats. Just have to dispatch them with a hatchet now.

06-Mar-15
Hey c'mon, bow is still legal!

06-Mar-15
Ed, your idea crossed my mind as well, lol.

I too emailed Rep Case, along with a few other Reps who are known to be more sensible.

06-Mar-15
Send in two videos. One of you shooting it in the head with a .22 and the other beating it to death with a hammer. They will change their mind.

06-Mar-15
Dose this include Sunday too ?

• Sitka Gear