SILVERADO 10-Mar-15
bigbuckbob 11-Mar-15
treeman16 11-Mar-15
GF 11-Mar-15
CTCrow 12-Mar-15
Garbanzo 13-Mar-15
Toonces 13-Mar-15
09-Mar-15
Lets face it. The laws our state is trying to pass, are all about "REVENUE". Like package stores staying open till 8:00pm on Sundays Bill. So to the legislators, if hunters are in the woods on Sundays, they're not out purchasing anything in retail stores, restaurants,etc. So, I was thinking. What if there was an addendum added to the existing Sunday bow hunting bill, that you would also have to purchase a "Connecticut Sunday Bow Hunting Conservation Stamp" for $5 to $10. In order to hunt. Then the state would get "REVENUE".

09-Mar-15
That's thinking outside the box , and the state would get some cash but I for one would hunt out of state before I give more for Sunday hunting .

09-Mar-15
rwdeerslayer

CT is the 4th highest taxed state in the country, so adding to that burden, even though your intentions are honorable, is not acceptable to my conservative way of thinking.

I would rather tell lawmakers that the additional money we will spend on gas, food, meat processing, taxidermy, etc by allowing Sunday hunting is the carrot to hang in front of their noses, but not more taxes/fees.

For me, Sunday is about family and worship, so it's not something I would participate in.

09-Mar-15
RW,

you don't really want to know what I think about your idea.

No hunting on Sundays is a stupid law that has to go. PERIOD. I already pay for hunting I don't need to pay more. I pay property taxes for 7 days a week, 365 days a year (sometimes it feels like I pay taxes for 500 days).

If I can't do what I want on my property for 52 days a year, I should only pai taxes for 313 days. Don't give those blood suckers any ideas.

It is about propety owners rights, It's about right and wrong.

09-Mar-15
This is a better idea than letting the DEEP decide what areas are open to Sunday Hunting and which aren't.

I wouldn't like it, but if that is what it took to get a solid Sunday Hunting bill passed, I would pay a nominal fee for it. I am overpaying the bloodsucking state now for the privilege to hunt six days a week its just math I would pay more for the seventh.

Regardless of whether it was attached to a bill, I would think the DEEP would raise license fees regardless if Sunday Hunting were passed and they would justify it by the added expense of administering the extra days.

09-Mar-15
I don't think an additional fee is required or smart. Nor would I be willing to pay it, even as much as I would love to be able to hunt on Sundays.

I do see WHY you say that though (the State motivator being gree) and agree with THAT part of your statement

09-Mar-15
I wouldn't pay for an extra day either.

But I would be all in favor of having guys pay for every additional replacement tag they want. It's effective in other states.

That's an easy revenue builder and it would curtail some people from killing everything that walks by.

09-Mar-15
I would pay for the extra day of hunting in a heart beat. And lets be honest - most would cough up that extra money.

I travel every weekend to my Camp in Goshen and would love to have that extra day to hunt instead of just drive home.

Just like the salt water license, sucks paying but it's something we love to do.

I still like my idea of giving the tree huggers the woods on Tuesday's instead of Sunday's

09-Mar-15
How about we already pay to much in taxs .lets charge the golfers

09-Mar-15
I work 6 days a week,including Saturdays.You talk about spending time for worship and family on Sundays. I have to use my vacation time to have a little enjoyment of bow hunting,That takes time away from my family.I would love to see hunting open on Sundays.I know i am not the only family man that works on Saturday and enjoys Bow hunting.

09-Mar-15
that would be whats called a slippery slope in the states favor

09-Mar-15
How about shut everything down in the state with the exception of gas and grocery, open only for a few hours. We can spend time with the family or relax a bit. Or just let us f*#!"*$# hunt. No need to give more money to the general fund that the state will piss away faster than myself drinking a six pack of light. I would like to see jr hunting days on sundays. It would be a good day to focus on teaching kids how to hunt, with the focus on them. Most kids have school and sports, leaving them limited time to hunt during the week or on Saturday.

09-Mar-15
How about shut everything down in the state with the exception of gas and grocery, open only for a few hours. We can spend time with the family or relax a bit. Or just let us f*#!"*$# hunt. No need to give more money to the general fund that the state will piss away faster than myself drinking a six pack of light. I would like to see jr hunting days on sundays. It would be a good day to focus on teaching kids how to hunt, with the focus on them. Most kids have school and sports, leaving them limited time to hunt during the week or on Saturday.

09-Mar-15
"How about shut everything down in the state with the exception of gas and grocery, open only for a few hours."

I remember those days. Eisenhower was President, the returning Veterans had jobs, women wore hats to church, Ted Williams endorsed sporting/hunting/fishing equipment for Sears, the government wasn't all over you with regulations(yet), queers were out of sight in the closet. Life was good.

09-Mar-15
You have to be an idiot to let someone sell you time in the woods by charging extra for the seventh day of the week and thinking it's good to go.

If you do you're weak and just wrong in so many ways, it's not worth explaining.

Hey maybe Malloy could split our drivers licenses. Sell us seperate day and night ones. It would generate more revenue for the government and then they might like us more.

10-Mar-15
Thier already taxing people right out of the state lets not add more!If its our private land people should be able to make thier own choice allow hunting or not allow hunting seems very simple to me..This state is really going down hill fast.Closing hatcherys that teach childern about fish is another bad idea by Malloy !!We have to get him out of the capital asap!!!

10-Mar-15
charge the golfers?

10-Mar-15
I respect everyone's replies. And I hear you, I don't want to pay any more to this state than I already do. But, I just think back to last September and October. There were (5) Saturdays that a cold front came through, Rained all day, and cleared out Saturday night. And, the next day was a pretty good Hunting day. If there was an "Option" to pay $5 to get to hunt on those Sundays. Don't know about you guys , but I would have payed it.

10-Mar-15
bbb , theres a hidden tax for washing your balls in golf

10-Mar-15
All the things anyone is suggesting doesn't make one iota of difference if the bill is never called to the table for a vote. So go talk to the one man who can call the bill.

10-Mar-15
I would wash my balls when I get home if I was gonna have to pay any tax on washing my balls. My wife might wash them for me if I told her we save money.

I would only pay $5 if the cost of the license went up. How about I choose what day I don't hunt?

10-Mar-15
I'd pay it in a heartbeat..... and "silent preyer" you don't have to necessarily agree with the guys idea, but there's no need to call the man an idiot, just state that you don't agree with the idea. Talk about anger management.

10-Mar-15
I have post connecticut stress syndrome.

10-Mar-15
Silent Preyer,

Hate to break it to you but we are already letting the state sell us six days in the woods. Paying for the seventh is no different than paying for the six we have now.

10-Mar-15
Toon,

If I can only hunt wed, thur and friday, do I pay only half of the license price?

So, we are not paying for six days. We are buying a license to hunt. It is idiotic not to let us hunt on Sunday.

10-Mar-15
Crow,

Yes we are paying for the privilege to hunt for six days. Which of those days we choose to hunt is up to us, but we have paid for six days not seven.

I am not in favor of paying more for the seventh, but I can't argue that it doesn't makes sense.

10-Mar-15
lol.......understandable "silent preyer" I think we all suffer from some type of post connecticut syndrome....overtaxed and overburdened.

10-Mar-15
No Toonces, paying more for 7 vs the same for 7 IS different.

I'm not referring to just the mathematics of it.

Our respective generations didn't put these regs in place, but we can resist making them worse.

Symptom of the big problem here.

10-Mar-15
be careful for what you wish for bud . if there was a deer stamp , whose to say the price wont go from $5-$10 to what ever when ever they want . as soon as the state see's there's money in it , there's a potential cash cow that'll end up in the general fund .

back in the late 80's early 90's Ernie Beckweth was head of the Dep and the state was mulling a saltwater license . time after time we would go to the rubber stamped meetings and ask 1). if there was a license would it guarantee anglers state wide access to the beaches ( same as Rhode Island ) without buying individual town permits. 2). at the time Florida enacted their saltwater license , they went from $1 to $20 within a year by decree of a special session . What's to stop Connecticut from doing the same ? He assured us all access to beaches with a special fishing permit and all monies go to a special outdoor fund . ya well , I'm still buying individual town permits and the price went from $1 to $10 the first year implemented with the money going into the general fund . not a dime goes anywhere towards the sound , the same as those stupid "save our sound " vanity plates. its a federal program with matching grants. not a dime goes to the sound but goes to the general fund

I'll gladly give up half of January if not all of it and loose the unlimited tags to get Sunday hunting . Why should I have to pay extra to hunt Sunday ? I'm climbing of my box now..lol

10-Mar-15
My assumption is if we get Sunday Hunting in any form, the DEEP will in all likelihood raise the cost of hunting licenses and use Sunday hunting as at least part of the justification. This could be a false assumption of course.

Assuming it is accurate and they will do it anyway we might as well leverage it in advance while we can in supporting a clean solid bill.

10-Mar-15
Malloy wants to do away with the self sustaining pheasant program, does anyone seriously think that we would ever get Sunday hunting. It would require Encon to work Sundays, meaning more payroll. $10 ($.50 / 20 Sundays) extra wouldn't pay the difference. Wake up gentlemen, it's not going to happen in any way, shape or form, IMHO. Probably the best thing to do would be, as a whole group, is to go hunting on one Sunday in Oct. Everyone in orange, all over the state. Their limited resources couldn't arrest us all. It would be a united protest against a BS law. (We all know that's not going to happen either).

10-Mar-15
How about we pay by the tag. The more deer you shoot the more you pay ??

10-Mar-15
Steve, I live on the CT/RI border and I do a lot of Sunday hunting in RI.

They sell individual tags for all implements, and the tags are good for both private and state land hunting. I personally think it is a better system.

In RI, during hunting season all recreational land users have to wear safety orange when in any woods or face fines by DEM.

I hunt a lot of state land there and guess what, plenty of non hunters enjoy the woods without any conflicts. And during the later seasons when it gets colder, there are very little non hunters in the woods at all. They aren't the die hard nature lovers they claim to be that are just looking for ONE day to avoid hunters.

It really is no big deal. That's why I get a chip on my shoulder over being bent over for Sunday hunting in CT.

Like many here probably agree, the reasons we don't have Sunday hunting are not hunter safety, religious, or conservation related. They are purely political and motivated by an agenda to take much more than our hunting privileges.

10-Mar-15
I would assume that Encon already works on Sundays...boating, fishing, four-wheeling all fall under their jurisdiction.

10-Mar-15
Steve, I love that idea. I have brought it up numerous times and also proposed it to DEEP.

You want to be kill a lot of deer....pay for your additional tags. Other states use it and it works very well.

10-Mar-15
i could live with that..pay as you play

10-Mar-15
meaning normal tags anything xtra you pay

10-Mar-15
Fletch, four wheeling? That is another joke in this horrible state that we live in. I have to pay to register my ATV, however the state does not offer one single area to ride. What a joke. Nothing but money hungry a**holes.

11-Mar-15
Silverado

do you mean you are REQUIRED to register an ATV in CT even though there's no legal area to ride? I never knew that you had to register it.

11-Mar-15
Paying by the tag? I have a feeling reported harvest numbers would go down. Come on!

11-Mar-15
"Every day of the week and twice on Sunday"??

I'd agree that we already pay enough. Don't get me wrong - I think telling the pols that we'll pay more might well prompt them to some kind of action, but then what'll be next?

My wife and I promised each other that we would NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES give in to a temper tantrum, and so they were mercifully few and far between.

Politicians are bad enough- no sense in incentivizing bad behavior!

12-Mar-15
"Paying by the tag? I have a feeling reported harvest numbers would go down. Come on!"

Not if we go to the old paper tag and deer check system.

13-Mar-15
Actually we are going about this the totally wrong way.. Someone should push for a repeal of all of the old Blue Laws on a constitutional ground that Sunday restrictions are based on religion. That will get all of the liberal progressive commie bastards on board because they want to stick it to the religious folks on the right. Don't mention Hunting at all so the ASPCA and PETA wackos don't have a Hunting bill to oppose. Sunday ban on hunting goes out with the rest of the Blue Laws.

13-Mar-15
Garbanzo,

The liberals get very religious all of a sudden when it comes to Sunday hunting.

• Sitka Gear