horsethief51 04-Apr-15
George D. Stout 06-Apr-15
09-Mar-15

George D. Stout's embedded Photo
George D. Stout's embedded Photo

09-Mar-15
Nice bow George!

09-Mar-15
yes, nice Alabama landscape too.....PA is still in the meat locker......:)

09-Mar-15
We still have snow here in spots in Tennessee where we are hog hunting. Nice sitting weather tho.

09-Mar-15
Boothill, that photo was taken here in Bedford County, SGL 48 today around noon. We were spared the volume of snow that you guys got west of the Allegheny front.

09-Mar-15
George, Ive gotta move to Bedford County. I barely got thru this winter.....

10-Mar-15
We had fifty degrees here in Clarion County yesterday, George, and I went out and shot target for over an hour in a short sleeved shirt. Think I may even have gotten a little bit of a tan.

Of course when it came time to do my daily walkabout, I still had to strap on snowshoes and most of my stumps are still buried. Oh well, at least I'm not picking ticks off my sorry old carcass.

10-Mar-15
Sure hope the Juniata isn't flooding??

10-Mar-15
NEPA still has 18"+. and 22" of ice on the lake!

10-Mar-15
Rut NUT is right just checked a trail camera in Pike County...so much snow up there yet! Up to my knee in some spots and i'm 5'10.

11-Mar-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Scouting & shed hunting a SGL I hunt, even though we have had temps in the 40's for 3 days now the snow is calf to knee high everywhere besides the deer trails, and boy are there trails here. Trails loaded with deer turds and beds everywhere. Way more deer in here than even I thought. I should go d a shed or two just got here.

Mike

11-Mar-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Found first one in less than 1/2 hour 5 points real nice knife handles, some real big tracks in here.

11-Mar-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Same antler different angle

11-Mar-15
There is either a two left sided 10 points in here or two 10 points lol trying to find a right side

Mike

11-Mar-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo

11-Mar-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Half a nice 8 point right side different buck for sure three made it

11-Mar-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
treerats got to this one #4 today

11-Mar-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Just found the match to the right antler that had 4 points be a real nice 9 point next season

11-Mar-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
The GC leaves 5 or 6 rows of corn on top, walked a big trail leading to the corn and found the match of the smaller 10. That was a great day and one heck of s workout

11-Mar-15
Seems like a lot of deer there. But yet there's corn? HA! They musta run out of coyotes to kill em now there using corn!

11-Mar-15
Game lands to Dale, thought all the deer on gamelands were dead, defiantly killed off all the goofd genetics on that SGL

Mike

11-Mar-15
Who cares................... I see all the high fences there...

11-Mar-15
Awesome Mike!! You found more sheds today then I found in 3 years!:) snow is gone here, I gotta get out soon!

12-Mar-15

Flatlander's embedded Photo

12-Mar-15

13-Mar-15
Cool pictures, Chuck.

13-Mar-15
Treerat, the snow is still pretty deer in Ohio. I was just down there. It damn near killed me. It is about 12-18 inches in the fields. I have a class 4 hiatal hernia an it just about killed me with the walking. No more till the snow is gone. Yes, I will be having it fixed in May.

13-Mar-15
Nice photos fellers.

15-Mar-15

X-Master's embedded Photo
X-Master's embedded Photo
I'm sure this little guy/girl is glad the snow is gone. I think just in time. It's been tough out there during Feb for them for sure. I'll bet we took some winter kill this year in some areas. I'll know better when I get out in the next few weeks shed hunting. Note the temp.

15-Mar-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Xmaster, according to the health o meter on my iPhone i walked 8 1/2 miles on deer trails the day I found those 6 antlers, I saw lots of trails lots of crap lots of beds but no dead deer and I know they got somewhere between 120-140 inches of snow there this winter (crawford co) hope that's a sign that the deer will be fine, there was some standing corn there but they pretty much anialated it. Deer move to where the food is around here in the winter and yard up, there are standing crops every so many square miles and that's where they go to survive, they were eating a lot of moss also in the area where I found the sheds. The deer can also brouse up higher when the snow is packed so high.

Mike

16-Mar-15
Ground is still covered in our area. Although down to 10-12 inches.

Nice shed havest there Mike! :)

26-Mar-15

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Well, we can FINALLY see some grass in Pike Co.! :) Took this yesterday after work. Still 18+ inches of ice on the lake though- went ice fishing after work on Tues. and measured 19". This winter has been one for the books!

26-Mar-15
We still have good ice here to rut, have not fished for two weeks, I have a fair share of perch now, I had 18 cameras to get out of the woods in 4 counties. Also have been doing a bit of shed hunting, we still have some snow in the woods but the fields are mostly clear. Snowed today though Uggh

27-Mar-15
I hear ya Mike! It was 31 and snowing when I left the house. But 5 miles down the road it was 33 and rain, and by the time I got to work it was 37. We're higher in elevation and it can make a big difference, especially this time of year.

I always say I wanna get out and do some shed hunting, but it's hard to give up the ice fishing. And right now my time is limited with the kids activities!

One of these days when the kids are older................. ;-)

01-Apr-15
I don't moan about snow, heck I live in Northern PA, but as for it being gone...I just shoveled two or more inches of "gone" from my deck this afternoon.

01-Apr-15
Heading up to Emporium to check out some properties. Hoping I can get close enough to some places to check on the roofs tomorrow am. Gotta go to Seneca tonight hope the roads are ok.

01-Apr-15
Dale, you going to the Seneca in Venago county? Gotta go near here.

03-Apr-15
Dale (Miller)- a few of us took the day off on Wed. to go ice-fishing on Lake Wallenpaupack. We woke up to 22 degrees and about 3 inches of snow on the lake. Measured 18" of ice still on the lake(Wed.) But by noon it was close to 40. We all forgot our sunblock and by the evening we all had "tomato face"! ;-)

This is one winter for the books! Ice-fishing on April 1st- and that ain't no joke!!!!!!

04-Apr-15
It covered the ground with snow here again overnight.

06-Apr-15
Almost....doesn't mean gone. It means almost gone. By the way, it really has been "gone" now here in southern Bedford County for about two weeks now.

• Sitka Gear