Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
CJD437 11-Mar-15
Straight Arrow 11-Mar-15
CT bow junkie 11-Mar-15
CT bow junkie 12-Mar-15
bigbuckbob 12-Mar-15
11-Mar-15
The DEEP is hosting 2 turkey hunting seminars coming up soon. I am the VP of the NWTF State of CT chapter and we will also be there to help and answer ?s. You must pre register at 860-424-3011. Dates and locations are on the DEEP Hunting main page or below. Any ?s PM me.

Saturday 3/21 8-2pm Fairfield County Fish and Game Protective Association 310 Hammertown Rd Monroe

Saturday 4/4 9-3pm Wildlife Division Franklin Wildlife Management Area 391 Rt 32, North Franklin.

Thanks

11-Mar-15
I went last year and it was very informative, and there was a chance to pattern your turkey loads.

11-Mar-15
This sounds great.

12-Mar-15
Just signed my daughter and I up for the class

12-Mar-15
I've hunted turkeys since the season first opened and it's a fun time and a great time of year to get out in the woods.

If you can get an experienced turkey hunter to take out during the season it would be a huge help. Over the years I've learned it's more than just calling.

Sometimes you need call a lot and other times call once and shut up. Walking away from a tom is also a good way to get a bird that's hung up and won't come any closer.

Sometimes they'll come is silent and may circle to your backside like a deer tying to wind you.

It's fun, so enjoy.

• Sitka Gear