grizzlys61 12-Mar-15
gcoleman 13-Mar-15
Bennett2012 13-Mar-15
Ron Miller 13-Mar-15
Bennett2012 13-Mar-15
hookman 14-Mar-15
Ron Miller 14-Mar-15
11-Mar-15
Been seeing the turkeys with the hens strutting this past weekend and heard a few gobbling. Good news for the outlaws. Bad news for us. LOL.

11-Mar-15
Thats the way it is JR, we will just have to hunt what the Good Ol Boys leave and hope they aint educated too much ! lol

11-Mar-15
They do educate em a lot

12-Mar-15
I remember 2 years ago it was March 15th and while at work riding down an ol back road spotted big group of hens and a long beard strutting and before I left out of there he was on top of a hen doin the deal so do you think that Tom will still be willingness my to come to a call by the time season rolls around

12-Mar-15
Yes I do, sometimes it seems the later in season the more Readily they will come. Seems as if people give up to soon, and later can, and Usually is, at least For Me, Better.

12-Mar-15
Hunting is always better once the hens are nesting.Those old long beards get lonely for the sound of a sweet hen. Mid to late morning second or third week of season has always been best for me.

13-Mar-15
Maybe its me but in last 10 years or so in fayette and nicholas countys I don't hear gobblers being near as vocal in am as they used to be... maybe coyotes causing it?? not sure,,used to think it was hunting pressure but I hunt a lot of areas with little to no pressure and doesn't seem to be near the turkey hunters in woods now days,, used to sit on porch in morning and hear them in the new river gorge behind house but now i rarely hear them and hardly no one hunts in that rough place,,,but I hear coyotes at nite and lots of bears on cameras in back yard

13-Mar-15
Yeah it seems like the last few years got bout a 15 to 20 min run of hard gobblin then they shut down and ya lucky if ya hear much at all after that but I'm going to try and get first bird with a bow again this year come close last year but couldn't seal the deal

13-Mar-15
George, I believe you are right, I had 2 coyotes come busting in hard one morning after makeing just my 1st series of calls, my buddy rolled him with a big 10 ga, lol. I have heard of many people calling in coyotes while Spring gobbler hunting.

God bless ya

13-Mar-15
Don't know if I called them in or not but had some go to howling and cuttin a shine on both sides of me last year was to close for comfort didn't have but 5 shots and sounded like more than one in both parties but they done me a favor ended up goin on other side of farm and killin my heaviest bird to date at 24lbs 8 1/2" beard and 1 1/8 spur on one side and other was round an inch

14-Mar-15
Last year I was working 2 big gobblers in, they were about 30 yards and coming when all at once they turned and vamoosed. In a few minutes here came 2 coyotes trotting back and forth like a couple of bird dogs on a hot scent.

14-Mar-15
Yep, and people will tell you that coyotes have no effect on turkeys or their population. lol

• Sitka Gear