Garbanzo 16-Mar-15
cuntrytocity 16-Mar-15
BowBen 16-Mar-15
Grunt 19-Mar-15
MikeLeone 23-Mar-15
bigbuckbob 24-Mar-15
Bloodtrail 24-Mar-15
15-Mar-15
Hey guys, I've got a Hoyt Charger that's a year old and my string is in pretty bad shape. The guys at Halls Arrow say its cause I shoot a lot and that I should consider replacing it this year before deer season. I was looking into winners choice strings, but they recommended lightning bow strings. Looking for opinions on a good string that'll last longer than a year. Thanks

15-Mar-15
wax your stings after every time shooting . depends on where you store your bow too , heat will kill your strings. strings should last 2 yrs

15-Mar-15
Lot's of good ones out there, you can't go wrong with Winners Choice. Lightning is made in CT. 60X is another good one.

15-Mar-15

Bloodtrail's Link
I used Vapor Trails and was very happy with them. They fuzzed up quite a bit bit didn't strecth and my peep never needed to be altered after it was set.

I just bought a set of 60X strings. They are a Bowsite sponsor and you can get 10% off if you use BOWSITE as your promo code. And it's free shipping too. There are a number of posts on the main forum about them.

I've heard nothing but excellent reviews on them. Waiting to put them on my bow this week.

You can call the owner, Brad, and speak directly to him. I believe they are out of PA.

15-Mar-15
Viscosity out of Ma. Are good strings too. One thing to consider, whoever you go with, tell them what nocks you are using so they can put on a center serving that will match. Skinny nock with thick center serving is annoying. Good luck.

16-Mar-15
Connecticut Archery in Wallingford makes the Lightning Stings. They are right of Ex 64 on the Wilbur Cross. I have a similar problem with my string, I was torquing the bow a bit and was getting sleeve contact. It is still serviceable, but I am going to replace it before the fall.

16-Mar-15
time to replace mine also, may check out the place in wallingford since it's on my way home.

16-Mar-15
Another vote for viscosity bow strings. Top quality.

19-Mar-15
Thank you very much guys.

23-Mar-15
Definitely go see Mike at CT Archery. He'll make you a custom string, install, tune, teach you some shooting form improvements and convince you to install a Square up (which you will wonder how you ever shot without)

http://connecticutarchery.com/

24-Mar-15
Does the string really, I mean REALLY make any difference in performance? I usual find it's the loose nut holding the bow that's the biggest problem.

24-Mar-15
When you only shoot a deer once in 16 years, it makes no difference to you. Lol

But string makes a huge difference in performance and tuning. When you get a string that doesn't stretch or twist and ultimately take the bow out out of factory specs....it changes the game.

• Sitka Gear