SJJ 03-Apr-15
sweet old bill 04-Apr-15
thphtm 04-Apr-15
sweet old bill 05-Apr-15
thphtm 12-Apr-15
sweet old bill 13-Apr-15
CurveBow 13-Apr-15
16-Mar-15
Hi we still seem to have lots of snow in Delaware county, some areas as low as 8 inches and other as high as 20 + inches of snow... so were are you and your best guess of when you will see brown ground...

16-Mar-15
Just got 3" Saturday night. Supposed to get 3-6 Tuesday night. We still have over a foot of hard packed snow on the ground. We won't be seeing the ground for another couple weeks at least. Man, this winter is long!! Global warming, right?

16-Mar-15
Just got 3" Saturday night. Supposed to get 3-6 Tuesday night. We still have over a foot of hard packed snow on the ground. We won't be seeing the ground for another couple weeks at least. Man, this winter is long!! Global warming, right?

17-Mar-15
global warming is right, if you read what it is there will all kinds of trends that change from having very cold periods, to lots of snow, and then periods of zero rain and loss of crops...look at the west coast now, no rain and us more than double the snow.

18-Mar-15
2" to 3" more here this morning .

18-Mar-15
We were on average for snow. Only exceptional thing was the extended cold which is the case when there is a pronounced ridge in the jet stream in the west. There was so little water content in the snow that it's really compacted in just a week.

I think everyone felt like there was so much snow because of the lack of warm ups which normally knock the snowpack down week to week. Instead there was 3' of powder vs 1' of hard pack.

Josh

19-Mar-15

CurveBow's embedded Photo
CurveBow's embedded Photo
This was my back yard last Saturday. 2 weekends ago, the 3-D deer targets back was not visible at all, this past weekend, it showed maybe 6 - 8" . There is still over 24" everywhere in the yard and more in the piles. We will have snow until mid April at this rate!

We got another 2" last Sunday and another 3 - 6 possibly tomorrow.

There is now a crust on the snow and some days our wandering dog can travel; other days he postholes and regrets his wanderings pretty fast!

Spring can show up any day now, we're ready!

>>>>-------->

20-Mar-15
And more coming today. 3" - 5".

22-Mar-15
well we are packed and ready to come back north, I keep hoping to hear that all the snow is gone and it is 60's, blue birds are singing, guys are out shooting 3D, or out checking to see were the turkey are, or getting out the fishing pole for the Opening of Trout on the beaver kill or west branch of the Delaware and have put away the shovels for another year...

Will be pulling in on 3/31.

NO matter what it will be good to be home with family and friends.

22-Mar-15
Guess what it's Snowing right now. Bad news going down to 5 degrees tonight. Blue birds are eating everything they can find,You need Snow shoes to go 3D shooting and the Streams are low and brown, I had to buy another snow shovel my 1 year old one wore out and broke.

22-Mar-15
June.

24-Mar-15
Boonville also get about 150 inches of snow or more a year .....so maybe this is a low amount for now ????

24-Mar-15
Just checked on the average they get in Boonville a 190 inches of snow per year...they will have snow in the fields well into April

24-Mar-15
We did not brake any total snow depth records this year. The fact is that it has stayed so cold ( average temp. for Feb. was 9 deg.) here in Delaware county.That the snow did not melt away as it normally does every winter, it just stayed on the ground and slowly.This week it is going to warm up and Rain.

25-Mar-15
I see they calling for snow and rain showers as we drive in on Monday to our home in Oneonta. But cold in the mid 30's, should be great for me unpacking the car with my COPD.

25-Mar-15
I drove from Rochester to Camden (Utica - Rome area) and along the NY State Thruway I saw lots of deer. Every little green patch had deer on them. One patch near the Auburn exit had at least 50 deer. There were two bucks still with headgear. One was a smasher!

As I got to Camden, I couldn't believe the amount of snow still on the ground. I grew up there and I can't remember ever seeing this much snow this late into the season.

I had to drive to Florence and from Florence to Taberg and I saw at least 50 to 100 deer. All total I would say that I saw over 300 deer yesterday. Their snow is going to be there for a while.

30-Mar-15
got home from down south and it was 12 degrees with sunny sky. The snow pack in our area still had about 8 to 10 inches on the ground. There are places that if in direct sun has brown spots...there is hope by middle of April it will be all gone...

30-Mar-15
I do not know about that , we got another inch overnight and it is still coming down lightly.

30-Mar-15
same here...dusted us last night.

30-Mar-15
Sooo sick of this weather. I haven't seen a turkey on my property since the first snow in Nov. Moving to Ohio or WV is looking better and better all the time.. Besides, they don't have the SAFE act.

03-Apr-15
Calling for 3-6 more inches tonight.

03-Apr-15
never.......

04-Apr-15
wow with yesterday sunny and almost to 60 degree it sure is time for the snow to go and no more new white stuff... NO fishing as the water are so high and the bank of the stream has ice and snow on it ( Beaverkill)

04-Apr-15
Well that white stuff is coming down here now.

05-Apr-15
got some more overnight just about 2 inches

12-Apr-15
Well it looks like it's over for this year over here , most of it is gone on the sunny side of the hill, the north facing slopes still have some in the woods.

13-Apr-15
same here and all this week will be great for getting the snow gone...

13-Apr-15
At my house, there is still a foot or more most everywhere. The bald spots are: driveway, a spot under 2 pine trees, the bird feeder path and the area I blew out all winter for the dogs to use.

I expect this weeks temperatures to put a hurting to it! I actually used a roof rake yesterday to get rid of some snow in a valley (N side) that had over 2 feet of snow still in it. I couldn't reach it all, but got a lot of it off. It drips onto a sidewalk and comes into my garage under the door, necessitating a mops use otherwise a small lake could form!

My guess is it won't all be gone until the week of the 27th.

We are in a very snow prone area though and our snow is likely to be about the last in Herkimer County. I haven't seen a fresh deer track since the end of January.

>>>>-------->

• Sitka Gear