bigbuckbob 18-Mar-15
ROBZ7 18-Mar-15
ROBZ7 18-Mar-15
GF 21-Mar-15
grizzlyadam 21-Mar-15
ROBZ7 21-Mar-15
Heartshot 22-Mar-15
17-Mar-15
I had a group of does that hung around my camera eating bait for about a year. This winter I saw bucks by themselves and they usually are gone for about a month in the winter. I and they come back and hang all year. I put well over 25lbs of feed and they haven't showed up for about 2 1/2 months. I am getting worried that they all froze to death.

PS. I had a big buck and there were about four does (and a fawn) and the still haven't showed!

17-Mar-15
Winter is a beast... I'm sure it hurt the herd

18-Mar-15
they may have found another feeder somewhere else and are fine. I doubt the winter killed the entire group, that would be rare.

18-Mar-15
I agree with big buck bob they may have found another food source, or something is keeping them out of your area. As I am. Puzzled why no other deer have accepted your generosity.

18-Mar-15
i haven't seen mine since January but the lady down the street tells me she shes them in the woods by her house every day...I think its a food thing.

18-Mar-15
They are most likely yarding up somewhere else and will soon return to your area. I get the same thing year after year with my feeders. I have found herds of deer staying out of the wind and deep snow hanging out in pine tree groves. Once the rough stuff goes away the come back to their routine.

18-Mar-15
with the deep snow - moving is not easy, so if they're near food and shelter, no reason to look for your stash.

18-Mar-15

ROBZ7's embedded Photo
ROBZ7's embedded Photo
They are all eating at my feeder because it had 200lbs every week ??????

18-Mar-15
All jokes aside , this was a hard winter and they def struggled so any food source they found they kept going there. I manage my properties all year round and do feed all winter long believe me it's not easy carrying 200 lbs of corn every week in knee deep snow but it's key to keeping the heard around your area. This is how I've succeeded letting bucks go and letting them grow. Sure I've had some disappear on me but the big boys usually find their way back. Even so there were some deer that looked very skinny this year even with the feed I put out . I Think your deer just found another food source now that the snow is melting they will most likely find your feed as they expand their travels as they are able to move .

21-Mar-15
Is it even legal to be feeding outside of the season??

21-Mar-15
Feeding and baiting are two completely different things as far as legalities are concerned.

21-Mar-15
Baiting is legal in Fairfield county and if it was illegal to feed wildlife off season than they might as well ban all bird seed sales or anything made to feed wildlife and we all know that's not the case . So no it's not illegal .

22-Mar-15
Damn rob I still wanna hunt with u lol

• Sitka Gear