BowhuntPastor 24-Mar-15
BowhuntPastor 24-Mar-15
Banjo 24-Mar-15
DaleHajas 24-Mar-15
Jeff Durnell 25-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 25-Mar-15
BowhuntPastor 25-Mar-15
19-Mar-15
Hey guys. I've been on this site for a while but post very little. I'm beginning the journey into traditional archery. I'm in the process of trying to sell a compound to get finances for a recurve set up. My question is can anyone point me in the direction of a good traditional bow shop that may carry used equipment in the Lancaster area? Being new to this if I get something used I want a pro-shop that can help me out.

20-Mar-15
Lancaster Archery Supply?

20-Mar-15

RC's Link

20-Mar-15
Great thanks. I've used LAS before and I knew they sold traditional gear but I have never seen them sell any. I wasn't sure if they knew their stuff with traditional as well as they do with compounds.

20-Mar-15
I couldn't tell you that for sure, Michael. I've never dealt with them. I have heard good things about them, albeit mostly from compound users, and their website says they have stickbow experience as well. Maybe someone, preferably a stickbow user, who has been there will let us know if they offer a decent selection of used longbows and recurves, and an open-minded knowledge base related to them.

20-Mar-15
Thanks for the help again guys. I also discovered Kinsey's can order in for me what I'm looking for. But I think they are more of a compound place also. There is also Shaw's Traditional Archery in Boyertown. I may make a trip out there over the next couple weeks.

20-Mar-15
I think you should certainly do better at a dedicated traditional archery shop than at a 'pro shop'. If you go, let us know how you make out.

20-Mar-15
I will do that. I'm trying to unload a couple of other toys before the trip. I have a feeling I'll want to have cash on hand with me.

21-Mar-15
If I were you, I'd check out Shaw's Traditional Archery in Boyertown. Mike & Sue Shaw do Traditional Bows and Accessories only. They have a Great selection of used bows for sale as well as new ones. Their prices are fantastic, they have deep knowledge, and their customer service is second to none. You'll become friends if you o there, I guarantee it.. It's worth the trip. BTW, I was introduced to them through Bob Hildebrand.

22-Mar-15
Bob thanks. I'm actually checking my schedule out this week to see if I can make it up there. I've been in contact with Mike through Facebook since Thursday or Friday. I'm looking forward to the trip.

22-Mar-15
Sign him up Bob.

24-Mar-15
Well I made the trip to Shaw's today. They were incredible and helped make my wallet lighter. They set me up with a 73 Bear Kodiak Hunter and by the time I left I had a bow and accessories and two more friends. They are great people. Thanks to those of you who help point me that direction.

24-Mar-15
Michael, feel free to post a picture or two of your bow if you like. Some of the archers here would like to see it I'm sure. What's the weight, length, etc.

I'm glad you found something.

24-Mar-15
Jeff I'll figure the picture thing out tonight or tomorrow. Real quick spec's without double checking haha! The weight is 45# at 28", the length I believe is 60". I'll double check the length a little later and get some pictures. Unfortunately right now I'm nursing a sick wife. Fortunately she was well enough earlier that I could spend a couple hours shooting bows!

24-Mar-15

BowhuntPastor's embedded Photo
Jeff let me see if this works. Here are some photos.

24-Mar-15

24-Mar-15

24-Mar-15

24-Mar-15

24-Mar-15
Great looking bow! Congrats and good luck on your new journey.

24-Mar-15
Nice!

25-Mar-15
That'll work! Nice bow.

25-Mar-15
Michael,

Was I right, or, was I right? I'll be seeing Mike & Sue Shaw tonight at our indoor 3D shoot. I"ll lshare this thread with them.

BTW, nice bow!

25-Mar-15
Bob you were right! But my apologizes I think I told them the wrong Bob recommended me! I think I told them Bob Hildebrand recommended them from Bowsite but he recommended you. I saw that when I went back through the thread. Please tell them it was you!

I'm anxious to get back and get my wife a new bow and I think I could use another one in the near future.

• Sitka Gear