Moultrie Mobile
Are You Going To Conservation Day?
Missouri
Contributors to this thread:
Ron Kruger 21-Mar-15
21-Mar-15
Looks like the first scheduled Conservation Day at the Capitol on Thursday, April 2 is going to be a success. It would be a lot bigger success if they could hold it on a weekend, but that would defeat the main purpose: to show the legislators that we're not all ignorant and apathetic dolts sitting outside somewhere with a six pack and a rod or gun. I'm told our hard-working legislators all start their weekends on Fridays. Because of the recent and ongoing assault on the MDC and conservation issues, Conservation Day is a show of force and concern for conservation issues by sportsman's groups and individuals. Many of these groups will have booths set up in the Rotunda, but you don't need to represent or be a member of a sportsman's/conservation group to attend. Everything is free. A few of the few conservation minded legislators will be there to socialize. It's doubtful any of the stronger opponents of MDC and conservation will show up to be questioned, but they will be observing the event. You can bet on that. It will be on their minds the next time they draft anti-conservation measures. I don't think there's ever been anything like this held at the capitol, but I also don't think we have ever faced a more diverse and unified assault upon the environment and the traditions we hold dear. If anyone who plans to attend will be travelling through Ironton, MO, I'd like to share the ride and expenses with you. Send me a PM.

• Sitka Gear