wvmule 23-Mar-15
sundaynwv 23-Mar-15
wvmule 24-Mar-15
Babysaph 24-Mar-15
wvmule 25-Mar-15
wvmule 30-Mar-15
22-Mar-15

WBowhunt's Link
Saw this posted on FB. Not sure it will make a difference, But it is interesting to see how divided hunters really are in what they want

22-Mar-15
That petition is a waste of time. It is impossible for the DNR to limit the buck kill . They need the money.

22-Mar-15
Sit back and watch, babysaph.

22-Mar-15
On this very site,I also received the constructive advice about how Sunday hunting was a waste of time.Armchair quarterbacks telling me how I was going to set all other counties back and how it would crash and burn.Good thing I didn't listen.

22-Mar-15
Side bet. I'll bet we don't get a reduction in the u know kill this year. Want to bet?

22-Mar-15
???

Anything voted on doesn't go into effect until the 2016-2017 season.

22-Mar-15
Do we have Sunday huntinf hunting this year? I thought that was defeated

23-Mar-15
Babysaph, defeated? 21 counties get to enjoy Sunday Hunting this year. Also, no one said there would be a reduction in the buck limit this year or any specific year, if that is what your cryptic message meant.

Hunters work to organize toward a common goal that they feel passionate about and out come the know-it-alls, critics, and anti's. Sportsmen get themselves organized and operate in the boundaries that are set up for them to enact change and out come the do-nothings with their infinite chatter of "that will never happen".

I have seen this same process played in many times in my life and sometime things get accomplished and sometimes they don't. However, knocking the worker bees and the visionaries with comments like, "that will never happen", or "they are wasting their time", or "I bet they fail" instantly places that person in a group I can't take serious.

How about getting on board with something productive instead of staying in the wings being a critic. I bet THAT will never happen.

23-Mar-15
I thought the legislature voted to not allow statewide Sunday hunting. I may have missed something. And I don't look for a reduction in the buck limit ever. JMO of course and this is not cryptic. My experience is that the DNR needs the money for the tax imposed on the extra buck tags and getting rid of that will be tough. Again JMO. I honestly don't think the petition will do much good because again, they need the money but I hope it gets reduced. I never knocked the worker bees. I am glad someone does it. Go for it. I do not have time to get "on board". Glad you do. You are right. That will never happen. I am not being critical but for me to say it will happen I am not going to do simply because it is the thing to do. I just don't see it happening. Again, I hope it does but I don't see it happening and no need to bust my chops for voicing my opinion.

23-Mar-15
Expect chop bustage when you tell people they are wasting their time. You told me I was wasting my time with Sunday hunting. Glad to tell you that you were wrong.

A two buck limit, or a two buck limit with ap/apr on the second allows the state to keep the extra buck tag. Keeping the three buck limit and imposing ap/apr on the second and third also allows the satte to keep additional buck tags.

Have the time? You have no idea.

23-Mar-15
Touche' babysaph. Sounds like we are in more agreement than I took your first posts. Give us a couple minutes and sign the petition and then we will hammer away on everyone's behalf over the next few years seeing where it can go. If we fail, we fail. We will never know with trying.

23-Mar-15
No I think it is great that the counties are allowed to vote now for Sunday hunting. I just said I do not think the legislature will pass a Sunday hunting bill. I think they should though. What counties have Sunday hunting now that didnt last fall? I can't remember. I know it takes a lot of time. I am simply not able to devote that much time to it. Hats off to ya. I am waiting for Pendleton county to get sunday hunting. LOL

23-Mar-15
21 counties so far.

Braxton, Calhoun, Nicholas, Webster, and Wirt passed in the 2014 primary.

Mason and Roane passed in the 2014 general.

Boone, Brooke, Clay, Hancock, Jefferson, Lincoln, McDowell, Marshall, Mingo, Ohio, Wayne, Wetzel, and Wyoming have been in place since 2001.

23-Mar-15
Thanks.

23-Mar-15
Add Logan to the list since 2001.

23-Mar-15
Oops. Yes, Logan.

23-Mar-15

wvmule's embedded Photo
wvmule's embedded Photo
this is a visual from the Sunday Hunting facebook group showing all of the current Sunday Hunting counties. It is great seeing those new counties added. Lots of holes still left to fill.

23-Mar-15
Lots of change in the last two years. Expect more change in the next two.

24-Mar-15
Babysaph, Thanks for your support and hope that the limit gets reduced but I understand that you don't have time to help out much. However, there are a couple things you can do that will only take a minute.

Please voice your support by signing the online petition. I see that you have not signed it yet and it doesn't take any more time to sign it than it does to post on bowsite. Be sure to encourage people to sign the petition in your conversations. That will be a big help to us worker bees dedicating lots of time to work on this project.

Also, since you do not have time to get "on board", you can help us get this message "on a board". We are going to put up a billboard but need to raise money to pay for it. Since you don't have time to donate, possibly you could find some money to donate. Making a financial contribution is a great way to show your support. Thanks!

24-Mar-15
Tell me how to do it buddy and I will do it.

25-Mar-15

wvmule's Link
Follow the embedded link to access the petition. Once the page opens, click the blue "sign the petition" button to access the signature page. In the comment section type in your choice of one of the 4 options: 1 buck limit with Antler Restrictions, 1 buck limit without Antler Restrictions, 2 buck limit with Antler Restrictions on 1 buck, or 2 buck limit with no Antler Restrictions.

Fill in all of the personal information boxes and the verification code box. Then, click the "sign" button and you are done.

To contribute to the billboard write a check made out to Image Advertising and mail it to: WV Better Buck Management, PO Box 381, Richwood, WV 26261

That way I can give your donation directly to the billboard company. I will be sure you get a receipt from them. They are providing everything (art, 12'x48' vinyl productions, shipping, installation, and dusk-to-dawn illumination) at either their cost or free. The board will be up for 1 year along a WV interstate. The location will be based on availabilities and will be determined once we have the money raised. Our last pledge was for $500.00 but we will happily accept any contribution large or small. If we raise more than needed, we will either get an additional board or extend the contract longer than a year. If we don't get enough, we will have Image refund the donation.

Thanks!

30-Mar-15
JR...just wanted to give this thread a bump as a reminder. You have been fairly quiet on bowsite recently. So, hopefully you see this the next time you are on here.

I picked up a $200 donation from a supporter this weekend. However, we still need more to make the billboard a reality. So, please send along your pledge when you get a chance.

Also, don't forget to sign the online petition too. Thanks!

• Sitka Gear