cuntrytocity 25-Mar-15
jax2009r 25-Mar-15
bigbuckbob 25-Mar-15
BowhunterVA33 26-Mar-15
spike78 26-Mar-15
Mike in CT 26-Mar-15
cuntrytocity 27-Mar-15
25-Mar-15
I"m not writing this article with a political angle in mind, but I'd like to tip my hat to both the democrats and republicans for coming together and stopping Malloy from cutting funding to Veteran's funerals. He'd proposed a $450,000 cut to the fund which helps pay for Honor Guards at the funerals of Veterans and their spouses.

Thankfully, both parties were outraged by this thankless and senseless act on the part of our "bumbling" governor. As a Veteran, and I know some of you guys are Veterans also, there's a level of respect and generosity that is repaid when one is laid to rest. You're given that Honor Guard because you sacrificed, you were willing to die for your country, and for that sacrifice, all Veterans have been afforded an Honor Guard at their funeral. That is something we've earned, and to have it taken away to save a few dollars, shame on the governor and all those who supported him in this misguided endeavor.

25-Mar-15
oh what a difference 6 months makes....if you voted for him you should be embarrassed .....the wool was pulled over your eyes......

25-Mar-15
Moy is a pompous ass and would never be embarrassed by any of his comments and we should all right to the governor to let him know how upsetting his comments are

26-Mar-15
The state pays for this? I thought the various branches paid for this since it is the active duty coming out on special duty.

26-Mar-15
Wait until Malloy follows our Green Initiative model and you will see your electric bill double which they will lie about and say its from something else. You will also see nice fields and woods turned into solar panels like here in MA which is ironic because green energy is a tree hugger thing. You better hope Malloys new term is over before that happens.

26-Mar-15

27-Mar-15
"Bowhunter",the federal government pays for a majority of the costs associated with an Honor Guard, but the state also contributes money, just not as much.

• Sitka Gear