notme 14-Apr-15
bigbuckbob 15-Apr-15
notme 15-Apr-15
25-Mar-15
and so it begins....

25-Mar-15
Ummmm... So WHAT, exactly ?

26-Mar-15
Now we wait!!!!! Because it made it out of Committee, we will have to wait to see if it gets called to the floor for a vote...we've been at this point before, only to see the proposed bill die a slow painful death at the end of the session, and not get called to the floor for a vote.

Last year it was supposed to be a done deal, but then President Pro Tempe Don Williams renig'd on the deal, and didn't call it after saying he would.

Of course Gov. Malloy says he backs the bill, and would sign it if it ever gets to him for his signature, but it's easy to say that when you know you don't have to worry about it showing up on your desk!

~ Van

26-Mar-15
Actually there are two steps before it goes to the Governor's desk for a signature.

It has to be called and voted upon in both chambers, the House of Representatives AND the Senate.

In CT the committees have both Reps and Senators on them, so there are legislators in both chambers familiar with the issue already and who saw the public hearing testimony.

Right now the best thing each of us can do is continue to lobby our reps and senators to co-sponsor it.

The votes to pass it are there in both the House and the Senate, so if we can get it called in both, it has an excellent chance. IF we can get it called in both, that is.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE

26-Mar-15
If I Remember right last year it flew through the house but then stalled in the senate because of refusal to it to be called on for a vote

26-Mar-15

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo

CTCrow's Link
The vote sheet is up. let me see if I can post it here.

Vote was actually 20-9

31-Mar-15
My Rep will be signing on as a co-sponsor of the bill today. I hope to see his name attached to the bill by tomorrow.

Has anyone asked their rep to sign as a co-sponsor?

31-Mar-15
mine said he would

08-Apr-15
OK,

my Rep signed on as a co-sponsor as promissed.

14-Apr-15
House Calendar Number 366

File Number 576

As it stands, this bill would go in effect in 11 of the 13 management zones.

Deer Management Zones

DEEP has identified 13 deer management zones throughout the state, and currently estimates that 11 of the zones are overpopulated. DEEP considers a zone overpopulated if it has at least 20 deer per square mile.

14-Apr-15
sounds like the nw corner is screwed out of sunday hunting , right bbb...lol

14-Apr-15
Don't worry about him. I'm sure they'll have it open in 16 years.

14-Apr-15
OOOFAA....LMAO

14-Apr-15
Any sense on when or if the House will be calling the vote?

14-Apr-15
notme

Sunday hunting won't happen in my world, but I'd love to have it available to the private landowners. Makes no sense that landowners can't hunt their own property on Sunday.

Crow - I've been thinking about why that buck stopped chasing the doe and came into me. I don't think it was due to my superb calling technique. There was a 2nd buck that I caught sight of, and he was standing right in the path of where the doe ran,....so I'm betting that he was bigger than the one I shot,....that's why my buck didn't continue the chase.

This year that buck is mine, mark my words guys. Two in row,....fat old bucks down. Wait for my live hunt in Nov.

14-Apr-15
bbb , im thinking what really happened was : you settled into your stand and figure for a quick couple of zzzzzzz's . that old buck was there all along . when the young doe ran past , he caught a whiff of her , got half a chub and wobbly stood up.. with most of his blood surging to his nads he mustve gotten dizzy ( something I hear happens to old timers ). you awoke from the commotion , seeing it was a deer , you got all discomboobulated for it was the first in 16 yrs.in your zeal you hastily shot one off. the buck panicked , ran twords a log that you swore was a doe in years past , tripped and fell on the arrow . while this was going on . the bigger buck was actually being pushed uphill by the young doe in his make shift wheel chair when she left him hanging for a younger buck in yonder pasture. he just simply quietly rolled back down the hill. probably still there . if you play your cards right you may have a chance.. onward with stupidity!!!! too many big words on the other threads...lol

15-Apr-15
notme

you have a mind that works in strange ways my friend. I thoroughly enjoy your words, don't have think about what you're trying to say :)

15-Apr-15
tis a scary place in me noggin..not much thinking involved....lol

• Sitka Gear