CTCrow 01-Apr-15
bigbuckbob 01-Apr-15
CTCrow 01-Apr-15
bigbuckbob 01-Apr-15
CTCrow 01-Apr-15
grizzlyadam 01-Apr-15
Mike in CT 01-Apr-15
26-Mar-15
I'm glad there is no hunting allowed on Sunday on public land in Connecticut. I know this will not be popular but the woods are not owned buy us hunters. I also rock climb, hike , Mt. bike, and Kayak fish. All of these other actives I enjoy doing with my kids. From September 15 through the end of the year we have to worry about hunters in the state owned land if we want to enjoy these actives. I own my house and two other houses all on the outskirts of the Mattatuck state forest. These properties were bought to give My Family access to land to enjoy the actives we enjoy. I pay the same taxes and the same hunting and fishing fees that everyone else dose. Why should the hunting community take over the public land for 1/4 the year?

I feel that 6 days a week is to many to give hunters and would like to see even more days restricted for hunting on public land. Fishing , hiking rock climbing and Mt bikes do not prevent or others from using the state land but hunting dose. we need to worry about disturbing a hunters stand or spooking deer. I don't need to tell you how crazy the woods are during bird season with rapid fire shot guns. The biggest reason I hear for Sunday hunting is "I work to much and don't have the time to hunt the other six days" My answer to that is You work to much, If you can't find or make time to hunt during the 6 days then maybe hunting isn't for you or you should change your priorities. When it comes to private land Hunt all you want as long as you follow what ever rules are in place at the time. There shouldn't be any hikers or bikers on your land anyway.

Why should land owners get to hunt on Sunday while others cant. because they own the land! If hunting Sundays is that important to you then save your pennies and buy some land. Maybe you don't really need the newest IPhone or your car doesn't have to be replaced with a new one every few years. once again if hunting is your priority then make it that.

Hunting is a privilege in Connecticut, but it's not only for the wealthy. I earn around $40,000 a year so I'm by no means wealthy. spending time outdoors in the woods is a priority for me so that's where my time and money go. There are three and a half months not counting spring turkey for us to hunt, do we need to take Sundays from the rest of the tax paying , outdoor enjoying people?

26-Mar-15
Duncan,

Did you write that yourself or is it a cut and paste from a tree hugging pink panty wearing liberal website?

Just courious.

If it's you, I'm impressed on how you got to buy 3 houses on a salary that wouldn't even qualify you for one.

I'm wating for you to answer so that I know you are not testing us or playing a joke.

26-Mar-15
So what are you upset about exactly then?

You have what you want and no current law pending would change that. CT seems to be the place for you which is fine.

I don't get this rant.

26-Mar-15
what about the family man that works Mon thru Sat....He is SOL????

should not be a law when we can or can't use the woods for our desired activity....

STUPID POST .....DONT WANNA HUNT ON SUNDAY THEN DONT...

26-Mar-15
I typed it all my self.

all houses were bought cheap, one by my self the other two with my Father who up until he passed last month made less than I do. Now I own all three. Want to buy one??? I'm selling two. Walk out your back door and hunt>

I'm not upset about anything. I enjoy the No Sunday hunting law. Not ranting Just expressing my thoughts after reading the ProSunday threads . If there can be multi threads about counting deer and deer per sq/ mile then I can post the other side of Sunday hunting

I also am a Family man who works M-S and I find the time to hunt. Got out 8 times last year and had two missed shots . Great times. I agree with the law restricting when and where we can hunt because Hunters greatly effect the rest of the woods way more so than any other activity. It's not that I don't want to hunt on Sunday . It's that during Hunting season I can't do any of the other actives with my kids because US hunters take over the woods for the season.

26-Mar-15
LimeyMotors,

Are you intelligent?

Americans hunted the woods you refer to long before the bicycle was invented, people fished from kayaks, or climbed rocks for fun. But now that you are here it should only be done on YOUR terms?

You say hunters should buy their own land to hunt on Sundays. Yet you tout that you own 3 properties bordering public land for the purpose of your family having access to it, but have issues with the public which is EVERYONE, using it in conflict to your emotions.

Why don't you follow your own advice and buy a piece of land that you can control the activity on? That's how it works in reality.

Sunday hunting takes place in MOST of the United States WITHOUT issue.

How are hunters "taking over public land a 1/4 of the year"? No one is limited by hunters in any way except by their own ignorance. Can you show us different? So who "takes over the public land" the other 3/4 of the year when it is not hunted?

What fees are paid by the other public land users? And don't say "taxes" because we all pay them.

Many tax dollars are spent to fund wildlife/nature/tidal sanctuaries that allow full access to bike, fish, and rock climb. But NO HUNTING at all.

I can respect that you wouldn't like seeing hunters in the field on Sunday because you are entitled to your own feelings. But if you want to be ignorant enough to post those feelings on a website of hunters, and actually hope to see your feelings imposed on the freedoms of the rest of the world, at least make some kind of fact based argument.

26-Mar-15
Better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and confirm it. If you don't wanna hunt on Sunday, then don't hunt, but we as hunters, have every right to be in the woods. Just like non-hunters.

26-Mar-15
You mention wanting to be able to enjoy activities like mountain biking in the woods with your kids and not having to worry about hunters in the woods.

I want the same thing, but I'd love to not worry about mountain bikers in the woods 365 days a year, not just for one season. I do a ton of hiking with my dog all over the state, and I can't tell you how many times we've almost had collisions with some yahoo flying down a hill into a blind curve. Let alone not worrying about them flying up behind us with no warning...I have to be on constant guard because not once have I come across one that announces he's flying up behind me. I refuse to take my kids out with me because of this...it's bad enough that I worry about my dog running in front of someone flying past us. So maybe mountain bikers should have a season as well. Or should have to purchase a license

Bottom line is there is a ton of public acreage out there and it should be made available all days of the week for all activities. Is limiting state forests available to hunt not enough? Maybe you should have chosen to live bordering state property that doesn't allow hunting...just a thought.

26-Mar-15
Limey,

My point was, the only thing on the on the table is Sunday bow hunting, private land, and only in certain zones unfortunately.

In the extremely unlikely event that this passes, it changes nothing for you.

In fact you live in one of only a handful of states that doesn't allow any Sunday Hunting, so if you like this way, you better have no plans on moving.

So what exactly are you arguing against. You have everything you want, and that is not likely to change in the foreseeable future, if ever.

So be happy and content, you one of the few here that is.

26-Mar-15
I'm all for Sunday hunting on private land you own the land do what you want on it.

It's not fair that the mountain Bikes blast you and your kids off the trail. Just as its not fair that my kids and I have to dodge hunters or wear an orange shirt. How about having shot gun pellets rain down on your head after hiking my Kayak to a remote pond in the State woods.

My point is I'm a hunter and I'm glad there is a Sunday law that allows me to use the public land to enjoy other actives during hunting season..

I understand that most members here will disagree with me. But as a member of the forum I have the chance to post my thoughts.I'm nothing like most members here . Just remember I'm the guy who thinks Proxy hunting Is OK. - Duncan

26-Mar-15
I DONT LIKE PEOPLE WALKING IN THE WOODS 6 DAYS A WEEK ! YOU OUT DID YOUR SELF ON THIS POST .

26-Mar-15
Sounds like a typical Liberal, I don't want to do this, so nobody else should be able to either. Next will be: I want that, so all of you should pony up so I can have it. Pathetic.

Thanks for helping elect Malloy and Obama, twice. When they come for your guns, I'm sure everyone here will have your back.

26-Mar-15
Limey,

Your not making any sense.

Since its not fair that your kids have to dodge hunters, are you saying that you don't think anyone should hunt on public land ever?

You already have no Sunday hunting. Why weren't you kayaking on Sunday if this is such a concern for you?

If your saying that you don't want any hunting at all on State land so your free to Kayak pellet free whenever you want, I would disagree, but at least I would understand the point of this.

26-Mar-15
Im sure theirs plenty of public lands that are closed to hunting that you can go on? I will say that I dont trust alot of the gun hunters that are weekend warriors but if your also refering to bow hunters thats just rediculous as most of the time you dont even know they are out there if it wasnt for a truck in the parking lot. I love driving around my town and having to go in head on traffic lanes to go around idiot mountain bikers who feel its ok to ride on heavily travelled roads. I feel more at risk by them than being in the woods during hunting season.

26-Mar-15
I'll bet that the chances of your kids getting hurt while doing every one of those activities is greater than if they were hunting.

How many times have you or your kids been shot while hiking, biking, rock climbing, kayaking, etc. on Saturdays or any other day?

Yeah, thought so. Must be safer than you figured.

26-Mar-15
Duncan,

I'll make 2 points.

First Point - I don't think anyone would argue that when someone voices their opinion on a subject it comes from a place of personal values, beliefs, experiences, etc. So if you think BOW hunting is dangerous to your family and friends, I would ask WHY? What things have you seen, done, experienced that leads to this opinion.

I have no problem with bow hunting on state land 7 days a week, just like the hikers, bikers, walkers, picnicers, and any other ---ers out there. I believe it to be perfectly safe because I know the sport and I know I would never do anything to endanger another hunter or non-hunter.

Point Two - However, when it comes to gun hunting for DEER, I have to say I'm not comfortable being in the woods with them at any time of the years, month, week or day. So I agree this part of you premise against Sunday hunting.

With this said, the current bill is about private land only, and I think you should be able to use ANY legal implement on your own property any day of the week during the season.

26-Mar-15
You guy are reading this wrong. I don't feel hunters shouldn't be able to hunt on Sundays. more freedom for everyone. Im saying Im glad we can't. I won't be writing any letters trying to change the law.

Ace - My kids and I have gotten hurt while enjoying the outdoors. But at our own hand not some hunter. I/we have been shot at Many times. Lost a dog to a hunter and have been rained on by bird hunters pellets. The only trouble I've had with a bow hunter is being yelled at because we walked by his stand. So I have had lots of negative experiences with hunters.

Toonces - So now I can only use the woods on Sundays during hunting season unless I'm hunting? Dose the $65 permit we all buy mean we own the woods during hunting season.

26-Mar-15
Hey,

you know that gay marriage is legal in CT now. Are gonna do it?

We'll, if you don't wanna hunt on Sundays, DON'T. Just cuz something is legal it doesn't mean you have to do it.

Just sayin...

Rock climb, hiking , Mt. biking, Kayaking, bird watching, tree hugging, rainbow chaising, unicorn ridding and fishing should only be allowed 6 days a week. You have from 1/1 to 9/14 to do it. You have 258 days to do it without any hunters in the woods. So, non of that stuff on saturdays so the people that pay 100% of the bill get to do it.

26-Mar-15
This is why our state still has nonsensical blue laws such as banned Sunday hunting, people have these distorted viewpoints driven by fear because they don't have any common sense or acknowledgement of the fundamentals this country was founded on.

Besides, a normal person with any sort of awareness doesn't put themselves in a position to get shot on a Saturday morning in November. Go to any other normal state and it's common courtesy to leave the guy hunting alone. There are plenty of state forests not open to hunting, go hug a tree there.

26-Mar-15
what part of "Im against Sunday hunting" am I reading wrong?

26-Mar-15
I used to MT Bike as well, and I did it after work and the weekend, never had a problem with hunters, just people on horses, dirt bikers and sometimes high school kids drinking in the woods, and part of my ride was through Bristol Fish & Game AND Southington Gun Club hunting property!!

I wore a flourescent yellow shirt to be seen (if I fell off the trail and got hurt mostly, not just to avoid being shot) and I never had a problem with wearing that color.

I understand Duncan's point about the gun hunters, and think some others have voiced the same concern. IF Sunday gun hunting for deer was passed, I wouldn't be comfortable in the woods (public now, not private) on Sunday either. I also like to keep Sunday for church and family,....much more important than getting a deer every 16 years or so.

26-Mar-15
Limey,

Based on what it seems like you believe and want, you live in paradise, literally. There is no other place in the country that will have laws in place more to your liking than CT.

You have zero to complain about, you already have the best available situation right in here in CT.

Be happy.

I don't understand what you have to complain about? It's like someone living in Hawaii complaining that the beaches aren't good enough.

26-Mar-15
"Why should land owners get to hunt on Sunday while others cant. because they own the land!"

For the exact same reason that people who can afford cars can drive while the rest walk or take the bus, that's why.

"It's that during Hunting season I can't do any of the other actives with my kids because US hunters take over the woods for the season."

Again, hunters PAY for the LIMITED time available to hunt while NON PAYERS enjoy the use of the woods for the MAJORITY of the year.

26-Mar-15
Ahh yes rock climbing... I forgot a bow hunter can mistaken you climbing a rock face for the mysterious ct mountain goat. Or maybe when your riding your mountain bike with pretty color streamers coming from the handlebars... You might be mistaken for a handicap deer in a wheel chair heading down the mountain to meet his friends for a cup o' joe! I totally understand where your coming from now!! Oo ya who do I have to call to get some of the stuff your on?!?!

26-Mar-15
You guys took the bait! Why even waist your time?

26-Mar-15
Toonce - I'm not complaining, I love it here in Ct. I'm just posting to show that not all hunters are for Sunday hunting laws to change. I'm a hunter I pay the fees for permits and the extra "taxes" on hunting/fishing gear just like everyone else. I like the Sunday law just the way it is.

Bob, The day you got your Buck then decided to still hunt the rest of the day In order to give me a chance. How safe did you feel when the kid came by dressed in orange with the rifle popping off squirrels while you're in full camo still hunting. Now just picture walking thru the woods on a Sunday with your grand kids showing them a scrape or a rub. Now that same kids walks down the trail shooting at everything that might be a squirrel.

Sorry Kids we cant go for a walk in the woods any more now that Sunday hunting has passed. we'll have to look at the leaves changing color and watch the bucks chase the does in the spring. There are something one can only do in the fall. Most people enjoy Deer and the woods for more than Killing. I enjoy killing a deer but what about the others that don't? Giving up Sunday is not much to ask. and I am glad the law is in place. - Duncan

26-Mar-15
"Bleeding Heart Liberal". One more nail in the coffin when Hillary makes her run!

26-Mar-15
I'm pro-Sunday hunting but it's pretty sad that this dude can't have his own opinion without being beaten down by fellow hunters.

Take it easy guys:o)

26-Mar-15
Thanks Buckiller, I've got big shoulders and knew this was coming. I read this forum every day and know what goes on here. I just posted to show not every hunter is pro Sunday hunting. Others will speak up or forever hold their peace. Oh that reminds me. I'm getting Married on Saturday October 3 this year. My best man and I will be hunting that morning. -Duncan

26-Mar-15
Limey,

FWIW, I personally never assumed all hunters were for Sunday hunting. There are plenty here on this board that aren't for it, even bowhunting only.

Your making a pretty big generalization about the kid squirrel hunting "shooting at everything that might be a squirrel".

I get the impression that anyone carrying a gun makes you nervous regardless of what day it is and you assume all gun hunters are popping off rounds at anything that moves, and that squirrel hunting is a less than desireable activity.

If this is true it means you truly do live in the perfect state. I am actually happy for you believe it or not. Very few us can say that. You should never leave.

26-Mar-15
Toonce I watched the kid point his rifle In the direction the BBB was still hunting. Ask him! I have shot a bunch of squirrels with my recurve as a kid. they taste like crap. and if you make a hat out of them is rots away before the end of summer and my mom wouldn't let me bring it in the house.

Would it surprise you that I teach shooting sports and I am 100% pro gun. I help teach NRA hand gun classes. and my son is on a competitive Jr. rifle team. I carry a Smith& Wesson every day except at work because I work at a School. I use to own lots of guns until I lost them all in a boating accident on November 4 2008.

You guys are the one making Huge generalizations about me just because I like not having to worry about hunters in the woods on Sundays.

26-Mar-15
"Sorry Kids we cant go for a walk in the woods any more now that Sunday hunting has passed"

Now I know you are shitting me. You are funny. I knew you were kidding that's why I asked in the begining.

Buckiller,

I do agree that everyone is alowed to have their opinions but when some one is wrong in their facts, I'm going to call him out just like I know I will be call out when I do.

His facts are tottaly wrong. The Sunday hunting law is only for private property and not for state land. Hopefully they will pass that next. Also, the law didn't pass (yet) it only cleared Environment comm.

26-Mar-15
A collection of quotes from Lime:

"Im against Sunday hunting "

"I feel that 6 days a week is to many to give hunters and would like to see even more days restricted for hunting on public land. "

"Why should land owners get to hunt on Sunday while others cant. because they own the land! "

"I enjoy the No Sunday hunting law."

"I'm nothing like most members here."

"Just remember I'm the guy who thinks Proxy hunting Is OK."

"I'm just posting to show that not all hunters are for Sunday hunting laws to change. "

" Giving up Sunday is not much to ask. and I am glad the law is in place. "

" I just posted to show not every hunter is pro Sunday hunting. "

I think everyone knows how you feel, and has a much more informed opinion of you now.

26-Mar-15
You seem like your worried about having hunters in the woods any day, not just Sundays.

If your squirrels taste like crap, you're cooking them wrong by the way.

Because you own guns or teach classes, doesn't mean your comfortable with other people having and using guns around you. Clearly your not comfortable with kids squirrel hunting in your general vicinity.

"You like not having to worry about hunters in the woods on Sundays".

The fact you worry about hunters at all is my issue.

26-Mar-15
Ace all those quotes are good except for one. "Why should land owners get to hunt on Sunday while others cant. because they own the land! "

I should of typed "if you ask Why should land owners get to hunt on Sunday while others cant. my answer would be because they own the land! that's why. "

My point being is I'm ok with Sunday hunting on private land. But against Sunday on public land. A lot of people are afraid of using land with hunters. My self included. I have been shot at. Had a dog killed by a hunter because my Mutt ,who was on a leash, was attacked by his pure breed bird or rabbit dog. one shot gun blast ended the deal and I buried my dog. Also there was a dog killed by a hunter In Watertown a short time ago. the dog was on its own land. I know the guy who pulled the trigger He thought the dog looked like a deer. I have been hit with bird shot while fishing. I have also been chased out of an area because I disturbed a hunters spot. I also have had turkey hunters shoot at birds in my yard. SO yes I'm nervous around hunters. but for good reason.

26-Mar-15
Because you own guns or teach classes, doesn't mean your comfortable with other people having and using guns around you. Clearly your not comfortable with kids squirrel hunting in your general vicinity.

Oh yea that makes tons of sense. How could I not be comfortable with others having guns while showing them how to use them safely. Why would I keep helping teach?

I am glad Sunday hunting is not legal in Connecticut because I am Not comfortable sharing the woods with other hunters. I hunt alone most of the time and only hunt with others I trust. Sunday being hunter free in Ct. allows me to use the woods for other actives and not worry about the kids with the .22 out for the first time. -Duncan

26-Mar-15
You might be same clown who takes walk in the woods on state land right at dawn and/or dusk with your dog not a leash with a surprised look on your face when you see an upset bowhunter.

Aren't you also the same guy who said they were giving up hunting after your rant about BBB and his ethics??

You should actually feel safer in the woods going forward, since gun hunters are slowly decreasing their numbers each year....while bow license sales are increasing in CT. Funny that you wrote: "Sorry Kids we cant go for a walk in the woods any more now that Sunday hunting has passed". Stay on state land and you'll be fine....this bill is about PRIVATE LAND.

26-Mar-15
Sunday's one of the few days i get off, don't worry about my priorities and i don't worry about yours.

26-Mar-15
My point being is I'm ok with Sunday hunting on private land.

Are you sure?

I am glad Sunday hunting is not legal in Connecticut because I am Not comfortable sharing the woods with other hunters.

There doesn't seem to be any distinction made in this remark as to where the hunting occurs, just that you are happy it doesn't occur on Sunday.

From my perspective it's easy to understand how others here are not sure of your stance as you seem to be unsure of it yourself.

Oh yea that makes tons of sense. How could I not be comfortable with others having guns while showing them how to use them safely. Why would I keep helping teach?

Evidently it makes perfect sense-to you;

"Sunday being hunter free in Ct. allows me to use the woods for other actives and not worry about the kids with the .22 out for the first time."

You'll find more often than not that it's awfully difficult to get someone to see your point of view when you don't seem to have a firm handle on exactly what that point of view is.

26-Mar-15
Dan , Can you hunt in your state on Sundays?

26-Mar-15
Guessing you're a bit of a control freak.

As long as you are the instructor and the guns are being handled by your students under your supervision your are OK.

But a kid out hunting squirrels is a wild card you can't control, and therefore you fear. The assumption being that the kid is a potential danger, rather than a fellow sportsmen.

Whatever, I get it. Like I said, you live in the perfect State. Enjoy it.

26-Mar-15

You might be same clown who takes walk in the woods on state land right at dawn and/or dusk with your dog not a leash with a surprised look on your face when you see an upset bowhunter. Yes. Except for the clown part and the leash part. my dogs stay on a leash when not in the yard. and why should that bow hunter be upset with me? I have the same rights to be on state land as he dose.

Aren't you also the same guy who said they were giving up hunting after your rant about BBB and his ethics?? Yes. that was me but not because of BBB's ethics. it was the bashing I was taking about my thoughts on proxy hunting. I realized I enjoy hunting and am not letting a forum change that.

I do stay on state land and my own. I don't care about the bill just Posting that Im glad there is no Sunday hunting on state land. Don't expect anyone to agree. - Duncan

26-Mar-15
You might be same clown who takes walk in the woods on state land right at dawn and/or dusk with your dog not a leash

LMAO, met that douche plenty of times. Had one dog chaising the deer from about 50 yards from my stand after I saw them make thier way to me feeding for about an hour and a half.

26-Mar-15
Everyone is entitled to their opinion guys, and voting down Sunday hunting is his right.

The kid hunting squirrels - absolutely right Duncan, I froze in my tracks because I had no idea what he was looking at or what he was going to do. But because he was wearing orange along with his mother, I had no problem seeing them first (luckily), but that doesn't mean I'll see them first next time.

Crow asked a while back if you were for or against Sunday hunting, Duncan's just weighing in on that question. Neither answer is right or wrong for everyone, just the person answering the question.

26-Mar-15
Lets make it fair. Just close state land to EVERYTHING.

26-Mar-15
PRIVATE PROPERTY !!!..i would still need a consent form to hunt a buddies PRIVATE PROPERTY ..so why would you be riding your bike on PRIVATE PROPERTY unless you were asked to do so unless i was hunting that PRIVATE PROPERTY also then you should also be aware of your surrondings of said PRIVATE PROPERTY

26-Mar-15
"I have the same rights to be on state land as he dose."

You should have to buy a dog walking license ($41) and should only be able to walk it from January first to march 15 Monday to Friday(your 93 days). On top of that, you should be made to pay an excise tax on your doggie collar and your doggie leash just to make it equal.

Oh, sorry, you can't walk it on your own property either.

Does that sound fair to you?

now, wanna talk about Kayak license or rock climbing license?

Hunters are the only one made to pay. We pay 100% of all the fees.

26-Mar-15
CT Crows last post was VERY enlightening. Wow, just wow. Never thought about it like that before.

26-Mar-15
Yea but hunting so much better in yours!

26-Mar-15
I pay the same fees to hunt, and I pay to Kayak fish. I also pay the same extra tax on my hunting and fishing gear. I feel these fees give me the privilage to hunt and fish. I dont feel it gives me the right to have the whole state Forest to hunt in. If you want digg walking fees or rock climbing fees, you should write a letter to your congressman. I'm glad there is no hunting allowed on public land on Connecticut. ,-Duncan

26-Mar-15
I pay the same fees to hunt, and I pay to Kayak fish. I also pay the same extra tax on my hunting and fishing gear. I feel these fees give me the privilage to hunt and fish. I dont feel it gives me the right to have the whole state Forest to hunt in. If you want digg walking fees or rock climbing fees, you should write a letter to your congressman. I'm glad there is no hunting allowed on public land on Connecticut. ,-Duncan

26-Mar-15
Duncan, I respect your opinion to not want Sunday hunting. But...if Sunday hunting passes in any way what so ever, why not take your kids hunting instead of hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, bird watching, etc? It would be only one of two days that they would be able to go, while not in school. I assume, since you are an instructor, that your kids are perfectly safe with firearms, at least as much as anyone else in the woods. And, you can hike, bike and rock climb on your way to your hunting spots. Everyone wins.

26-Mar-15
Week dan, come on over, ant day but Sunday.

26-Mar-15
Week dan, come on over, ant day but Sunday.

26-Mar-15
No Duncan, I don't want that. I'm for smaller government and less taxes. I'm saying it to show how selfish and ill informed you sound. Do you fish Sundays?

Don't you think fish need a day of rest from being harass and given unwanted piercing?

Hey, anybody ready to take Duncan to their honeyhole hunting spot this season yet?

26-Mar-15
The only validity he has might pertain to shotgun season. I sure as hell wouldn't be out hiking on the first day of shotgun on state land. Much safer in a tree stand.

26-Mar-15
You just in a bad mood today? Anything but week!

26-Mar-15
Sounds like your not working now! Get out there climb some rocks! Looks like you have nothing to do!

26-Mar-15
I will take Duncan up here, we will never have Sunday hunting. Doubt he will get a shot though, deer are few and far between. I havent had a honey hole in a long time. Plus he will fit right in with the never ending libs here.

26-Mar-15
LMAO at all of Crow's posts

26-Mar-15
Dan my poor typing skills typed week when i meet well. Would not call you week or weak.

Sportsmen pay fees because hunting and fishing need to be regulated. As soon as hiking and rock climbing need to be regulated I'll pay those fees also. If said regulations say no hiking on Sundays then I'll take a Zero day that day. The fees we pay as sportsmen don't pay for the land use.

I don't want any ones honey hole, found my own with the lessons learned from BBB and this forum.

26-Mar-15
Dan my poor typing skills typed week when i meet well. Would not call you week or weak.

Sportsmen pay fees because hunting and fishing need to be regulated. As soon as hiking and rock climbing need to be regulated I'll pay those fees also. If said regulations say no hiking on Sundays then I'll take a Zero day that day. The fees we pay as sportsmen don't pay for the land use.

I don't want any ones honey hole, found my own with the lessons learned from BBB and this forum.

26-Mar-15
Way better reading than that pie topic! Tho!

27-Mar-15
first off ...Sunday hunting on private land should be a no brainer with your logic....

secondly ...there are plenty of state land pieces that are off limits to hunting that hikers mountain bikers,bird watchers can use instead on Sundays....

27-Mar-15
Agreed try sleeping giant state forest and stay out of the ones open to hunting when it happens.You're being a real buzz kill to all the true hunters on here!

27-Mar-15
Mohawk State Forest is closer if you live near Mattatuck; no hunting allowed there so that's a good option.

27-Mar-15
There's also the rails to trail for the kids, if you're looking for a safe place to roller blade, roller skate, bike ride, walk, etc. Can't remember the last time I saw anyone in treestand near the trail ;)

27-Mar-15
These suggestions are all good for others, The pond I hike my Kayak to is in the Mattatuck state forest, The cliffs we climb are in the Mattatuck state forest, and my house is next to the Mattatuck state forest . I even hunt the Mattatuck state forest( not on Sundays of course) I can do these actives with out getting in my truck. That's why I am Glad their is no hunting on public land on Sundays.

Yukon- What can I do to be part of the "True Hunter" club? I so want to belong. -Duncan

27-Mar-15
CtCrow , You keep saying that hunters pay 100% of the fees. Yes Us hunters do pay 100% of the fees, because hunting is a regulated activity and there for costs the state money to enforce and create those regulations. Hiking, bird watching, and Unicorn riding have 0 regulations so no fees are needed. I hope you don't think that the fees that sportsman pay are funding the unicorn farms or being used to manufacture the rock formations. -Duncan

27-Mar-15
Duncan

everything in this state is regulated, even hiking, biking, rock climbing, etc.

Stop and think about where they allow you to park, can't get off the trails and cross private property, can't leave trash in the woods, no camping is certain areas, no open fires certain times of the year, rescue teams are trained (that cost money), etc. On the Appalachian Trails you have to sign in and out during certain parts of the trail system, so regulations do exist.

Hunting is more greatly regulated because weapons are involved, just like all the regulations for cars,...it's another form of a deadly weapon. Maybe we should say no driving on Sundays so the kids can play kickball in the streets one day a week without worrying about the cars :)

27-Mar-15
Keep going to state land....for the umpteenth time, this bill is for private land. Let's all hold hands and repeat in in a pleasant voice....private land, private land, private land

27-Mar-15
Not talking about this bill talking in general about pubic land

27-Mar-15
Not talking about this bill talking in general about pubic land

27-Mar-15
Bob I've hiked the AT .it's a national park. No part of CT. Deep fund the trail. The Ct. Section is 100% funded by private do.ations. The trsil maintence is 100% volunteers. I know this as im one of those volunteers. The only place along the 2,200+ mile trsil a hiker must sign in is Baxter state park in Maine. The Maine sportsmen must help pay for that, but they can hunt on Sundays

27-Mar-15
"Not talking about this bill talking in general about pubic land"

In the words of SpongeBob - "We're not talking about this...or this....we're talking about thiiiiisssss." Referring to Mr. Crabs yelling at him for spending all of his money on Mrs. Puff....and then telling Spongebob to go buy her flowers and gifts....and yelling at him for spending all his money.

My brain hurts. You must be a riot after a couple drinks on a Saturday night.

27-Mar-15
More and more often, I start to type a reply, then decide:

"Why Bother?" and just move on.

This time I'll just echo what Bloodtrail said:

private land, Private Land PRIVATE LAND!

27-Mar-15
"The Maine sportsmen must help pay for that, but they can hunt on Sundays"

Every hunter knows you cant hunt Sundays in Maine and cant Hunt Baxter SP.

27-Mar-15
Now i also know, never wanted to hunt in Maine. Is this why I'm not a True hunter?

27-Mar-15
The pond I hike my Kayak to is in the Mattatuck state forest, The cliffs we climb are in the Mattatuck state forest, and my house is next to the Mattatuck state forest . I even hunt the Mattatuck state forest( not on Sundays of course) I can do these actives with out getting in my truck. That's why I am Glad their is no hunting on public land on Sundays.....

I see the problem. you want to keep "your" state forest "yours" .

I watched the kid point his rifle In the direction the BBB was still hunting....

Grey squirrel season : jan 1 - feb 28 , sept 1-30 ,oct17 - dec 31..know your seasons before venturing out in the scary woods. 11/8/14 I believe bbb got his deer..poop your drawers did ya,bbb doesn't seem to mind .

right now as the proposed bill stands is its for private property . whats your bitch ? and if it ever goes to state land ,well then........ be advised hunting is permitted on state land from sept 15 thru jan 31 . the wearing of bright orange or other fluorescent colors is strongly advised .

31-Mar-15
So, Duncan.

You are against Sunday hunting ONLY in public land. You oppose Sunday hunting with bow and arrow in public land Sundays because it is too dangerous. Is that a correct statement?

Can you tell me how long the state closes the kayaking season?

Is kayaking safer than bow hunting?

31-Mar-15
Duncan, your kids have a better chance of twisting their ankle pulling a kayak through the woods than getting shot. Not to mention falling off the cliff while rock climbing.

31-Mar-15
I'm having a hard time being theDevil's advocate and argueeing a point as stupid as no hunting on Sunday because it's Sunday.but... The arguments or points for Sunday hunting you guys are making .WOW!! Some are just as dumb.

There is no season for kayaking. I can kayak any time and on any public water. And falling or twisting an ankle vs. getting shot !. Going strait to insults and calling some one a Liberal is no way to make a valued point. I'm just glad CTCrow and treehunter17 saw this as the satire thread it is. The rest of you need to calm yourselves and have a beer. -Duncan

31-Mar-15
yes we can have beer on sunday.. ;-)

31-Mar-15

notme's Link

01-Apr-15
LMAO, funny video, now you got me watching more.

01-Apr-15
notme

you have too much time on your hands to find things like that.

01-Apr-15
theyre addicting..lol..check out hitlers car chase from the cops..youll pee yourself

01-Apr-15
OK guys, I've read all of Duncans reasons for not allowing Sunday hunting any where at any time for any reason and I agree 100%.

01-Apr-15
http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/article/Body-of-missing-kayaker-found-in-Housatonic-River-4012130.php

STRATFORD -- The body of a kayaker who went missing Sunday morning as Superstorm Sandy approached Long Island Sound was found in the Housatonic River in Stratford Monday. Jet Krumwiede, 21, of Morrell Ave., Milford, had been missing since Sunday, Oct. 28th after a kayaking accident near Silver Sands State Park.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/02/nyregion/kayaker-dies-in-li-sound.html

NORWALK, Conn., Jan. 1— A 68-year-old Danbury man died on Sunday in a kayaking accident on Long Island Sound. The man, Benjamin Sokerka, was discovered by lobster fishermen beneath an overturned kayak in the middle of the sound between Long Island and Connecticut, south of Norwalk, the police said.

http://articles.courant.com/2013-06-13/community/hc-milford-kayak-rescue-0614-20130613_1_long-island-sound-leg-cramps-marine-unit

MILFORD — Members of the Milford Police Department's marine unit rescued a 47-year-old kayaker who had fallen into Long Island Sound near Charles Island on Wednesday. Police said they received a report of a boater in distress around 5:41 p.m. Officers and members of the marine unit responded.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/man-who-died-kayaking-in-conn-was-from-li-1.3144644

Man who died kayaking in Conn. was from LI

http://juneauempire.com/stories/111402/spo_runnerdies.shtml#.VRsAKeG2IUM

Thomas Casey, who over the course of a few summers in Juneau became an integral, much-admired and much-loved part of the local running community, is presumed drowned after failing to return from a kayak trip off the Connecticut shore.

http://patch.com/connecticut/wilton/body-of-wilton-kayaking-accident-victim-found

Body of Kayaking Accident Victim Found [Update: Confirmed]

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/04/19/one-dead-one-rescued-in-kayak-accident-on-fox-river/

One Dead, One Rescued In Kayak Accident On Fox River

01-Apr-15
I don't know but bow hunting seems REALLY safe to me. I really don't understand how you can endanger your children's life doing such a dangerous activity. Kayaking should be BANNED or highly regulated. More people die kayaking every year than all of the bow hunting season combined since records were kept.

Ready to pass your kayak test and buy your license yet?

Let me know when you are ready to discuss rock climbing safety.

P.S.

Did you noticed that the first 2 were on Sunday?

01-Apr-15
What's today's date?

01-Apr-15
Has nothing to do with that.

01-Apr-15
Crow

how do you know it has nothing to do with the date? Are you saying I'm a fool NO MATTER what date it is??

01-Apr-15
I guess I did say it but didn't mean it. ;-)

01-Apr-15
Don't forget about the missing kayaker at west hill pond, they never did find her, it iced up and halted the search. Don't want to be there fishing when the ice thaws out.

01-Apr-15
Grizz,

My wife works at Ski Sundown and some of her colleagues live on West Hill Pond. Most have expressed dread at the thought of walking out onto their deck facing the lake as ice-out occurs and seeing her body floating on the surface.

• Sitka Gear