JayD 28-Mar-15
M.P. 28-Mar-15
WBowhunt 28-Mar-15
Babysaph 28-Mar-15
Publichunter 29-Mar-15
babysaph 30-Mar-15
babysaph 30-Mar-15
26-Mar-15
Just wondering what is the most effective way to keep people honest and off your lease?

26-Mar-15
Shoot on site. :^)

26-Mar-15
It's impossible.,

27-Mar-15
pick a lease with limited access ,lots of signage, gates, have a visual presences (let em know someone is there a lot), cameras, buddies in law enforcement members, zero tolerance ,, that stuff will work for the honest guys but others who have no regard for laws or other folks property there is no way to keep them off... if they gotta walk in very far or steep that helps but if any old roads that you MIGHT get an atv in they will come... don't make enemys ,, having a few local guys members helps too,,, really there is no good answer to your questions,,, been in several leases in WV had locks glued, gates pulled out, nails in roads, vehicles damaged, cameras stolen etc etc only one I have been in that had very little trespassing was in Hardy county that had one road in and very steep and boarded other leases,,, older established leases are better too ,,, I could write a book lol gc

27-Mar-15
It isn't impossible. I'm not advocating that you hurt people. I am telling you to handle your affairs and not let people hurt or take advantage of you. God Bless

27-Mar-15
It is a long story that I don't want to tell on the www, but I lost my mind over trespassers/poachers last year and was lucky that I didn't get myself killed. I feel your pain. Someone could start a business and make a lot of money if they could solve trespassing problems for leases.

One thing you may try if you haven't already is to commit a few trail cameras to trespassing hot spots. Make sure the cameras are blackout versions and hidden very well. Then prosecute everyone you can identify.

27-Mar-15
I put up signs that I had made at common access points that state NO HUNTING OR TRESPASSING, TRESPASSING COMPLAINTS WILL BE FILED WITH HFF IV (Heartland Forest Fund IV)WHICH MAY CAUSE CANCELTION OF LEASE. Then I tell them I'm first on a waiting list to lease that parcel

27-Mar-15
You simply can'not keep people from hunting on your ground when you are not there., I've tried everything.

28-Mar-15
I do not think you can eliminate it, but you can reduce it. You have to be willing to press charges. You need to spend some of your free time hunting poachers with a camera. You need to get DNR involved. It will not happen overnight. It took us 4 years of confronting trespassers and poachers, but word got out we were watching the land and were pressing charges. They moved on to easier places and we went from catching 6-8 people in a season to only chasing off a road hunter last year.

28-Mar-15
I have pressed charges when I caught the guys but I can't catch them when I'm not there. It's impossible.

28-Mar-15
You never stop it completely - but it is totally up to you and how much effort, time and money that you want to put into the battle.

Trespassing signs just don't keep people out. Along with the signs you can put up additional signs such as: Property under video surveillance or smile for the camera. Then put a few cameras up but I would not spend a ton of money on cameras because you will probably have a few stolen. Then you have just have to do some of the things people have already stated - press charges against them. After awhile a majority of the offenders will get the picture!

28-Mar-15
Danny Warden had a great product at the bowhunters banquet for keeping people from hunting or stealing stands.I wish I had a picture of it because it was unique and really looked fool proof

28-Mar-15
You can buy broken trail camera's really cheap. Set them up on your property. Then place a working hidden up in a tree pointed at the broken one and you can catch those who trespass and steal. Just an option.

28-Mar-15
I don't have anyone steal my treestands anymore.since I electrified them. Lol

29-Mar-15

Publichunter's Link
great idea for Trespassers

30-Mar-15
I am a lil slow. Was he shot with something? Where my cabin is if I did that to trespassers they would burn my cabin down when I was not there. Those good old boys would not let that deter them. In fact, I would say a good attorney for that guy could get the owner in big trouble. I like it though.

30-Mar-15
Oh I see, he was shot with paint.

• Sitka Gear