Mathews Inc.
Selling off of public lands who's 4 it ?
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Teeton 27-Mar-15
DaleHajas 27-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 27-Mar-15
DaleHajas 27-Mar-15
Teeton 27-Mar-15
DaleHajas 27-Mar-15
DaleHajas 27-Mar-15
DaleHajas 27-Mar-15
Dave G. 27-Mar-15
Teeton 27-Mar-15
Teeton 27-Mar-15
Metikki 27-Mar-15
Teeton 27-Mar-15
Teeton 27-Mar-15
Metikki 27-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 28-Mar-15
DaleHajas 28-Mar-15
DaleHajas 28-Mar-15
DaleHajas 28-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 28-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 28-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 28-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 28-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 28-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 28-Mar-15
DaleHajas 28-Mar-15
DaleHajas 28-Mar-15
Jeff Durnell 28-Mar-15
DaleHajas 28-Mar-15
Mule Power 28-Mar-15
WV Mountaineer 28-Mar-15
DaleHajas 28-Mar-15
horsethief51 29-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 29-Mar-15
Flatlander 30-Mar-15
Bob McArthur 30-Mar-15
Rut Nut 31-Mar-15
Teeton 31-Mar-15
DaleHajas 31-Mar-15
Dale Miller 06-Apr-15
8pointer 09-Apr-15
DaleHajas 09-Apr-15
27-Mar-15

Teeton's Link
Ok there's some amendments sitting out there to sell off some of "our" pubic lands. I for one am not for it. I'm sure it's going to only be sold for one reason and one reason only profit for someone that these Senator's know.

Here is a link to some info on it. I ask that if you can to call ur Senator and ask them to vote no on amendments 838 no on 747 and yes on 1024.. Please read the info from the link.

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/index.php/65-outreach/action-alerts/890-take-action-votes-today-on-the-sale-of-public-land

27-Mar-15

DaleHajas's Link
This group- BHA has been identified with taking funds from orgs that also donate to anti-hunting groups. The title here is very misleading This has been hashed out on several threads from the Leatherwall.

The first time I went to the BHA website several years ago they linked to sister websites, one of which was The Sierra Club. This can go on forever...

For now I will post some info on BHA. Read the funding links...

https://www.greendecoys.com/decoys/backcountry-hunters-and-anglers/

27-Mar-15
I'm all for selling off all public lands at the federal and state Levels.

27-Mar-15
Bob the head of this gang ran an Obama PAC lol

27-Mar-15
Bob McArhur, Why would you be for selling off state and national forest to private companies? Is the reason because of $$ ?? Or is it a Republican vs Democratic thing?

Also can anyone tell me who Green decoys is and what there agenda is.. Are they a group that's just against the things that BHA is for. Green Decoy is also against many well known outdoor groups. Is Green Decoy is just for big business? Has Green Decoy ever supported, given money to any group that not for development. Ed

27-Mar-15
maybe the new BHA Pa Reps will join in?

27-Mar-15
Ed go to the Leatherwall and do a search on BHA. OR the sportsmans pledge.

And who cares about this green decoy site..... Just answer us this:

Has or does BHA ever accepted funds from anti hunting groups? Will they continue to do so in the future?

Answer this and then we'll discuss the other site please?

27-Mar-15
is BHA trying to form a working group with the UBP or other sportsmans groups in Pa.

Why is it any of my business what the state of Utah does with THEIR property?

27-Mar-15
Question: How was this public land that is being put up for sale initially procured?

I sure hope the answer isn't with Pittman-Robertson Act funds.

27-Mar-15
Dale,, I can not answer all your questions as I don't have the all the answers..

As for the Green Decoy site I thought you did (cared) as u brought it up.

As for public lands,, I care. It's ok that you don't. I hunt on lands that this group is trying to keep public so that I can keep hunting and using.

I'd hate to see any of my state, federal or gamelands sold in Pa or sold anywhere else.. What I have seen is the public land that is sold is sold for way way less than that same land if it was owned by a person or company. I've seen 1000's of acres in my county sold that I hunted on and now can't. Small groups tried to buy it in pieces but it had to be sold all to the same person/group. So no one could afford the price it was sold for that way. I wish we had a group that could of helped at that time.

As for if the bha is trying to form and working groups with any other Pa state groups. I don't know.. But that is a good idea and should be looked into.

I do know that they are one of the biggest lobbing groups to keep public lands public in the USA and do butt heads with groups/companies trying to buy public lands. Yes there is other things that BHA do besides trying to keep public land public.. Since I'm been a member I have not seen anything that they lobbied to stop hunting or have I seen them give money to any anti hunting group.

If they take money from a anti hunting group and it keep me hunting, I'm all for it. Ed

27-Mar-15
Learned a lesson today.. You see this post was not about BHA but was about the sell off of public lands and he amendments that came from a facebook page I got about the amendments. So I posted a link so you could read it your self. Next time I get a link to something I will try to post something about the info so you could read it and not have it come from a group. I should of posted a link to the 3 amendments instead. Live and learn. As I did today.. The head of the sell off I guess is Sentor Lisa Murkowski as she is the one that wants to sell off our public lands. From want I see this can be for land in any state, Pa also. If I'm wrong on this someone please post that info. Respectfully Ed

27-Mar-15
Ed BHA does this stuff all the time. In a nutshell... Public land owned by the public cannot be sold without public input. Now if you think government is the answer, just remember when the Clinton Administration "took/stole/keiffed/copped" the Grande Escalante Staircase from the state of Utah back in the 80's in the name of a natural monument.....

27-Mar-15
Ok lets drop BHA out of this and talk about the amendments.. What are these amendments about ?

27-Mar-15
Ok lets drop BHA out of this and talk about the amendments.. What are these amendments about ?

27-Mar-15
Getting BHA MEMBERS and keeping public lands under FEDERAL control basically

28-Mar-15
Teeton, it's a Libertarian thing....thefederal gov't does not have legal authority to own land.

28-Mar-15
Ed no one doubts your sincere effort to "protect" public hunting grounds.

when the congress was taken control by the "R" s the "D" s knew this was coming. Time to scare up some votes for next election. Both sides do it. It's the way govt works. The cycle will most likely continue again, by reversal.

Maybe Utah will get their land back.... Hayl maybe the injuns will get back their lands!:)

What's lost here is tha BHA has taken $$ from anti hunting groups.....

28-Mar-15
Dave G. Excellent point! There in lies my fear about the USFWS getting involved in the PGC/SGL issues by threatening withholding PR funds- like a strong arm tactic........

Bobby Mc...... Can libertarians drink beer:)

28-Mar-15

DaleHajas's Link
Just in time lol you can't make this up...... the Sierra Club website says the animals don't have enough room to roam around the Grand Canyon lol

Big Govt wants to steal MORE public ground

http://m.azdailysun.com/news/stronger-push-toward-creating-a-grand-canyon-watershed-national-monument/article_7d810159-1289-52ad-b225-7d0eae42a781.html?mobile_touch=true

28-Mar-15

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
Can Libertarians Drink Beer?

28-Mar-15

Libertarians can make it too. Like my labels?

28-Mar-15
Teeton, what makes you think that only companies would buy the public land?

28-Mar-15
Dave G., there's only one way the Federal Government acquires land...they just take, by force if necessary.

28-Mar-15
Teeton,

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this item you wrote; "If they take money from a anti hunting group and it keep me hunting, I'm all for it. Ed"

My friend, in the long term the enemy of your enemy is still your enemy.

28-Mar-15
Did you read Dale's supporting link regarding the Grand Canyon Watershed proposal?

Has anyone ever heard of the "Wild Lands Project?" I was pounding that drum in the 90's? The Wild Lands Project was kind of absorbed into Agenda 21. If you know what I'm talking about...Dale's link kinda smells like that. If you don't know what I'm talking bout, I suggest you do your own research (not just a Wikapedia explanation.)

28-Mar-15
We're having fun again on the LW:) I'm sure I'll be audited now lol

28-Mar-15
Ed I was told that BHA had just under 5000 members nationwide of all types of hunters and fishermen, maybe less than a month ago. Now all of a sudden they represent over 100,000? LOL

Question with boldness:)

28-Mar-15
Members vs represented? Perhaps it's something similar to how the UBP represents all of the state's bowhunters with a tiny fraction of them as actual members? Lol. Perhaps not :^)

28-Mar-15
Sorry Jeff I only represent UBP members. Seems like we have a lot of coat-tailers tho... I don't ever remembering the UBP misleading about membership numbers.? There I edited it :)

28-Mar-15
No. F no! it gets harder every year to find places to hunt as it is.

28-Mar-15
National forests are owned by the pubic and managed by the feds. Reading the Amendments it states "certain Federal land". Federal land is not National forest lands. It is BLM land, National Parks, National Monuments, etc.... Of course the amendment has declared those off limits.

It is important to understand that the FED's do not own the National Forests. National Forests were given to us by Teddy and, have been purchased by public funds to ensure the public has a place to recreate. Laws state this. Regulations and laws ensure we the people control the management on it as it is ours. Owned collectively by each American Citizen.

Federal land is owned by the government, not the people and, has been up for sale on and off for a long time. The thing is, the radical groups that Dale speaks of cares not to represent the difference. They are after funding and membership numbers.

I nor anyone else can attest to what Congress will do in the future. As they are constantly trying to stomp on our toes. But, by law they can't just take what they don't own. Will that stop them from trying? I don't know. It has in the past so far with truly PUBLIC land.

This is a concerning thing in the fact that we are in a corner here as working Americans and, our elected idiots are at a loss for funding. While they aren't likely to try and take what belongs to us, we do need to stay involved and informed. But, do not let scare tactics cloud your vision here. Federal land does not belong to us Americans. it belongs to the Us government. Public land belongs to the American Public, not the government.

Contact your congress representatives and senators and tell them to do with the federal land as they wish, But, make them aware that National forests do not belong to the feds. It belongs to us and we will be watching. God Bless

28-Mar-15
Wow Justin! Thanks and welcome to the Pa site! Nice to see you here and speak truth.... Justin lives and works with these laws and classifications. He knows the rules.

It just tears at my inner being seeing hunter money being used to scam and subvert the constitution, for the benefit of one political party. And it doesn't matter which party it is.

29-Mar-15
If Bob Mac brings us some of that beer we will have to give him another award.

29-Mar-15
If Art were to invite Bob to hunt his fam with him for a couple of days, Bob would be happy to bring a few cases of beer.

30-Mar-15
Bob that is an awesome bottle! What kind a beer ya brewing?

30-Mar-15
I brew a 90 minute IPA that is similar to Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. I brew an Austrailian Style Summer Ale eith a sweet orange peel. I brew milk stouts. I just bottled my own invention, I csll it the Pizzelle Stout, it has vanilla and anise in it. I aldo brew a Belgian Abbey that tastes a lot like Chimay Red.

I make wine as well.

31-Mar-15
I'm not for selling off ANY public lands. We need more, not less!

Nice bottles, Bob! :)

31-Mar-15
I see that these amendments put in at the last hours caused such a big uproar with many state and national hunting groups. A lot in the states that these Senator's were from. I wonder if these Senator's are going to back paddle?? The lands in question have hunting and hunter access on them.. Waiting to hear if/what the NRA will have to say.. A place by my house that the Army Corp of Engineering had , had signs put up that said no guns.. That stopped hunting on that land.. The signs are gone now. I don't have the details of that, but know guys are back hunting it. I hope it always stays open.. I think ( but not 100% sure) it even was stocked with birds by the Game Commission. Guys used to go hunting on opening of small game season. I know for sure it's not socked now. Ed

31-Mar-15
BHA has exaggerated their stance to scare folks into voting out the guys that just got elected. The threads on the LW prove the BHA supports big govt owning properties as opposed to the states owning it. A Progessive left stance. If that's what you want go for it! There's another group as well called sportsmans access or something like that.... Funny how they came out of the woodwork since the R's took over lol

Several years ago, BHA had linked their sister orgs, one the Sierra Club, now they constantly complain that conservative are all for selling off the land, yet nary a word about the big left guys like Buffet and Soros, and the head of BHA ran an Obama PAC. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

If progs lose fed control, will Buffet get charged to run his Koch oil carrying (and spilling btw) trains thru the wilderness areas?:)

What more do you need to know? Sure nobody wants to 'lose' their hunting grounds!? Ed just stated an in incidence where big govt-ACE stopped rifle hunting an area. Did you have a chance to vote on that Ed? Nope.

I know that hunting orgs occasionally join hands with unlikely orgs but taking big $$ from groups that support the anti-hunting agenda is kind of a red flag to me?:)

FWIW I hunt ACE property, public ground, private ground open to the public..

06-Apr-15
Selling off land is a great idea for people who support smaller government but it comes with a hitch. Only the wealthy who own land, lots of land would have the access, places and freedom to hunt, or hike, or maybe even picnic or fish.

It is not unlike some of the arguments in this nation's early days as to who was entitled to vote, landowners only was one proposal. Voting would have been only for the elite, less public land would provide more for private ownership, but many could not afford it. We need those "many" people as hunters, not disenfranchised serfs.

09-Apr-15

8pointer 's Link
Interesting read about BHA and other liberal groups.

09-Apr-15
Thanks Kevin!

• Sitka Gear