Owl Holler 01-Apr-15
soldierbowman2 04-Apr-15
John Scifres 05-Apr-15
John Scifres 06-Apr-15
pav 07-Apr-15
John Scifres 08-Apr-15
John Scifres 08-Apr-15
30-Mar-15
Has anyone noticed the state hasn't even tried to put out harvest data for 2014.

01-Apr-15
---Call-812-334-1137 (DNR Bloomington) Last time I heard they hadn't hired a new deer biologist. That's been a number of weeks ago. I'm behind the curve on what's happening. Still a big number of deer around here.

04-Apr-15
You should consider yourself lucky to have deer around .

05-Apr-15
Shannon Winks, District Biologist, responded as follows on March 6 when I emailed her about this:

"Because our deer biologist moved on to another position, the process is taking a little longer. Another biologist is working on the numbers and I expect it will be out this month. Shannon"

06-Apr-15
From Shannon Winks today 4/6:

"From what I hear it is not done. It could be all the way until May. SW"

07-Apr-15
This could get interesting. Not leaving much time at all between compiling harvest data and setting county quotas for the 2015/16 season.

08-Apr-15
I wish they would just release the data instead of incorporating it into this treatise of a harvest report every year. It's so old school. I don't need prose, just information. Hopefully the new deer biologist knows how to use a computer.

08-Apr-15
From Falyn Owens:

"Hello John, I have worked in the Indiana deer program with Chad for two years before he moved to Michigan and will be operating the program until further notice. The deer harvest summary is in the review process at the moment and should be ready for publishing within the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately we received a large number of check station harvest records at the end of last month that put us back quite a bit on getting the report out. When we move to a 100% electronic reporting system, thankfully that should no longer be a problem as everything will be submitted to us instantaneously, rather than waiting on late records in the mail. In the future we may even be able to get the harvest summary out in February! Please let me know how I can help. Falyn Owens Deer Research Biologist, Urban Wildlife Biologist - South Region Indiana DNR, Division of Fish and Wildlife Bloomington, IN Office: (812) 822-3303 Cell: (812) 322-9213"

• Sitka Gear