thesquid 17-Apr-15
RutNut@work 18-Apr-15
CaptMike 18-Apr-15
happygolucky 19-Apr-15
TrapperJack 19-Apr-15
Mike F 19-Apr-15
10orbetter 19-Apr-15
31-Mar-15
We all know the Spring Hearings are just around the corner. But do you know who the real enemy is?

Here is something I was forwarded and if you enjoy the ability to go out an hunt and fish please attend the meeting so groups like this don't shut our seasons down.

I know that we disagree on a lot of things, but let's show them that we support our hunting, fishing and trapping heritage.

From: Patricia Randolph [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 3:33 PM Subject: Madravenspeak CRANES/WHITE DEER/INCREASED TRAPPING & HOUNDING April 13 ELECTION/VOTE STATEWIDE DNR ANNUAL NATURE CITIZEN REPRESENTATION Sand hill cranes, rare white deer, more hounds on bears, night market trapping for the bottomless Chinese and Russian markets are on the want list April 13 in all counties in Wisconsin - up for public vote - as the mass extinction continues, trapping has tripled in export from the United States in just five years since 2009. Inline image 1 http://host.madison.com/ct/columnist/patricia-randolph- s-madravenspeak-stand-up-at-april-statewide- citizen/article_b5614302-8863-5fe6-9b31- 40008d8c800a.html Please read and network. There are links above the column on the Capital Times web site for networking to social media - and your email lists.

Monday, April 13, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. in every county is the DNR/"Conservation" Congress ELECTION & VOTE on issues drafted by the 360 hunter/trapper delegates ( except 2 ) who have run this state into the ground for 88 years - now running packs of dogs and trapping on all public lands. This year alone they recruited 2041 new trappers on $5 incentives to mangle and kill as many wild animals as they can in 6-7 months on our publicly purchased lands. NO - hunters do NOT buy our public lands - they are 94% purchased by the rest of us who kill nobody.

You can find the links and POSTERS to print off and adapt to your county location at the Wisconsin Wildlife Ethic web site www.wiwildlifeethic.org in 8 X 11 format to use either as posters or flyers at events. You can print them in color or black and white - and I will add a tabloid 11 X 17 format for those of you who want to use that. Four posters on four of the proposals that you can read about at the above link in the Madravenspeak column.

Please network the column, the web site, the posters and the necessity of more than 6000 hunters and trappers showing up statewide to vote on these additional killing disasters. 52% of all wildlife on the planet has been destroyed in just 40 years - it will take about 15-20 to kill off the entire planet - we humans follow shortly after we have destroyed our life support system.

Please join our membership at Wisconsin Wildlife Ethic to volunteer and help our wildlife. Millions are being tortured and murdered i this state for fun. Do not be afraid of the word "murder" - that is what it is - and it is destroying the life support system for all life, including our own. Learned helplessness will no longer suffice. Please bring friends. Please stand up for election for the two positions in your county with a friend - no science needed ( obviously - and none used by the prevailing cartel)...Even the non-profits are in bed with killing interests...so don't expect Audubon, Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy or League of "Conservation" Voters to take care of wildlife - they are in bed with hunter membership to "save habitat" FOR KILLING.

Please go to the www.wiwildlifeethic.org web site to learn more about being a candidate/delegate ( four meeting commitment a year ) or email me at [email protected] to answer your questions . Without candidates, we have no possibility of creating humane legislation or stopping the killing spree.

Network the column to raise participation. After 88 years, this election which hunters and trappers call "the most important election in the state" MUST be recognized now by millions who buy our public lands only to be excluded from them by violence. Thanks.

Patricia Randolph State Columnist Capital Times newspaper every other Sunday www.wiwildlifeethic.org 608-981-2287

31-Mar-15
Good post, Mike. While many of us whine from the comfort of our keyboard, there are many people out there who are willing to work to destroy what too many consumptive users of our wildlife take for granted.

31-Mar-15
I read that this morning from a forward sent by a CC rep and continue to be amazed at how the Capital Times even gives her space, even if it's just online. Maybe they do it to get the "hits" by annoying those who haven't yet lost a grip on reality.

Truth be told, the "enemy" in this case is rather harmless, simply due to her choice of words and the many falsehoods she writes. She's no Wayne Pacelle. Pacelle/HSUS is the real enemy. Articulate. Clever. Masters at deceiving those who believe they are simply helping puppies and kittens. The $ they raise in one day dwarfs what Randolph's group has raised in the nearly three years they've existed. Their Facebook page is dead (no activity), with 69 "likes." Simply put, they're a non-player in policy-making.

31-Mar-15
Naz-

No "Enemy" to our hunting, fishing and trapping heritage is "harmeless".

Just look at history over the years. A little wake up call is always good.

31-Mar-15
Dave, many feel the same way you do. The truth is, we have the ability to hunt, fish and many other things that we take for granted because there is someone fighting for us to do so. Nothing comes for free and it will always be that way. It is possible that a huge turnout would catch the attention of lawmakers.

31-Mar-15
No, "huge" will never happen. My question was merely to raise the question as to what might happen. I'd agree, our Constitutional Right to hunt and fish does not hinge on the Spring Hearings, but by the same token, it was not just handed to us. It was asked for and fought for by someone.

31-Mar-15
I wonder if the tree huggers know that if they all had county seats they can only vote at the state meeting exactly as their county voted, no exceptions. So unless treehuggers fill the room and out vote sportsmen, it's a moot point.

31-Mar-15
davebow…. You can come in and vote on the proposals and leave. You don't have to stay for the meeting.

31-Mar-15
DB, I thought You were writing a resolution to jack NR tag fees? Or was that RC/Howatt?

01-Apr-15
All I know is for the past 30 years Portage county has has been influenced by UWPS students who are required to show up and vote by their professors. Sometimes it can be good, sometime bad. A couple of years ago they voted in an antihunter.

Not good.

01-Apr-15
One of the best threads in some time. Thanks!!

This is something everyone of us should be concerned about.

davebow I disagree - If for only the reason of showing solidarity and networking those meetings are worth everyone's time. If everyone thought like you nobody would be there.

It's all about being involved and yes, some meetings more informative/important than others but the bottom line is if your not part of the solution - your part of the problem.

Problem is most folks ride on the backs of a few. Let someone else worry about it attitude. Thank God there are those who worry.

Goofy folks like Patricia and her gang of yahoo's think it's important enough to attend these meetings. Yes, she a wacko, but she has a following. PETA/HSUS have huge followings and they are all the "enemy".

Anti-hunting sediment is growing nationwide and everyone of us has to make an effort - even if it's as simple as conducting ourselves appropriately when in the public eye.

Our numbers are decreasing and the non-hunter numbers continue to grow.

01-Apr-15
The public voted against xbows (multiple times) and money/politics won out. It is reasons like that, that make people think - why bother?

01-Apr-15
"Our numbers are decreasing and the non-hunter numbers continue to grow."

Yes, non-hunters. Anti-hunters? There's a big difference between the two. The majority of the public is, of course, made up of non-hunters (and the majority of those non-hunters, as shown by multiple surveys through the years, support hunting or are apathetic — they don't care one way or the other). Sometimes license-buyers pull some b.s. and turn some non-hunters into anti-hunters, but for the most part the Patricia Randolphs of the world are a very tiny minority. Sixty-nine Facebook likes in three years, and I'd bet some of those folks who don't even live in Wisconsin.

01-Apr-15
"The public voted against xbows (multiple times)"

Yes, happy...they did but the WCC chose to support full inclusion anyway. Same goes for EAB and other issues, the WCC does go against the vote of the public. They also play games with the public and place questions which angry sportsmen in order to boost attendance so the hearings appear important.

Sorry, I've never been a supporter of the WCC because of this. They also step outside of their boundaries and lobby politicians.

Maybe if the above was different, I would have more faith and attend.

01-Apr-15
Naz-

Facebook means nothing. It's a thing of the past.

What worries me is their ability to show up and get elected. They don't have to tell the truth when asked if they are anti's. It's how the gal got elected a couple of years ago here in Portage county.

All I am saying is that if you have the time, energy and willingness to go to the meeting go and vote. You don't even have to listen to all the questions. Read them, cast your vote and go home if you wish.

I wish they could send a booklet and a ballot to everyone who purchases a license. Give them the ability to vote electronically and I bet the number of voters would skyrocket!

There are a few issues this year that might raise the hairs on the back of your neck. For instance the expansion of hunting bears with dogs. There is a proposal to allow dog hunters to hunt bear down to Hwy 21. If you look at the map, there are no big chunks of land East of HWY 39 where there are big numbers of bears.

Do you want dogs running bears during the early deer bow season??

Just saying.... Get out and vote!

01-Apr-15
Your correct Naz there is a big difference. Point being that the anti-hunters are spawned of the non-hunting public and from people like Patricia.

MikeF your right! I agree, don't be lulled into a false sense of security because of Facebook - these wackos are out there and would like nothing better than to take your hunting license and run it through a shredder.

Never underestimate your enemy!

I'm with you MikeF get out and at least show support/vote. I'll be there as well as CDAC!

01-Apr-15
"Do you want dogs running bears during the early deer bow season?? "

As a lover of hounds running bears and bear hunting, I have no problem with it. It has been happening for a very long time. Bear season is very short compared to the 4 months we get bowhunting deer. Sharing the woods is something that should be expected of us.

01-Apr-15
Bear hunters dogs sharing private land without owner permission will be a common occurrence.

01-Apr-15
CaptMike don't waste your time. Its Preacher.

01-Apr-15
CaptMike-

"Sharing" is not the correct word. Trespassing and violating is more like it.

Private landowners where I bear hunt will not stand for the illegal activity. They already are having to deal with it during the training season.

There just are not big enough blocks of public or private land to support dogs running bear without trespassing being an issue. If the dog hunters don't have permission to bait how are they going to get permission to run bears?

02-Apr-15
Mike F, I know it is not the correct word. I said it tongue in cheek. Dog trespassing can be a huge problem. I have dealt with it myself and the biggest problem is some of the dog owners simply do not care. I will definitely oppose this.

02-Apr-15
Thats why that certain group tried to get the FIDO rule last year. Rumor has it George Myer is going to re introduce the Fido rule with new wording. Not only to get a dog but chickens, goats and cows. George says it will get more support then!!!

02-Apr-15
CaptMike-

Thanks for clearing that up! Trespassing was one of the main reasons I moved my bear hunting to zone C. It's hard enough to secure private land and be successful and adding violators to the mix doesn't make it any easier.

02-Apr-15
Buck, George Meyer is a perfect example of why sportsmen should attend these hearings. He attends this one, along with many other hearings, and portrays himself to be representing all sportsmen. With few others in attendance, his word carries much more weight than it should.

02-Apr-15
"Bear hunters dogs sharing private land without owner permission will be a common occurrence. "

That needs to be dealt with by the law just like those who poach, bait illegally, etc.

02-Apr-15
What "needs" to be and what "is" are two completely different things. I've tried dealing with roaming dogs and believe me, it is not high priority on many law enforcement agencies priority list.

02-Apr-15
I have pinch 3 houndhunters in zone c. You have to catch them in the act, call the sherriff and prosecute. My experience is hound hunters feel entitled and respect no boundaries.

02-Apr-15
Same can be said for Bow hunters November.

02-Apr-15
"My experience is hound hunters feel entitled and respect no boundaries."

While we all know this isn't true of all hound hunters. It does seem all too many want to use the defense of the dog not being able to read no trespassing signs. This is true, but that hound is a piece of hunting equipment that the houndsman is responsible for. If you can't use your equipment in a responsible way, maybe you shouldn't be using it.

02-Apr-15
Rut+1

04-Apr-15
Rut - nice response and makes sense.

05-Apr-15
Rut-

Exactly! Now try and get someone to enforce the law that way.

Rarely happens, if at all!

09-Apr-15
CaptMike + 1

09-Apr-15
I'll be there on Monday in Ozaukee County. Participate!

09-Apr-15
Please vote yes that you support eliminating the 50% concealment resolution for waterfowl hunting.

I have spent a lot of time getting this pushed through and if supported it will become law for this fall. It makes no sense that you can hunt a spot if your standing on the bottom. But you can't hunt that same spot from a boat. Creates a hardship and limits where disabled can hunt.

Thanks!

12-Apr-15
Another year.. another pipe dream.... Thinking any group will allow improved rules or regs is so far out there... Almost makes me think most dreaming are really spending to much time in the Ganji patches in the Nicolet...

Let elected folks do their jobs and pass laws and regs.. If they don't do what the majority wants.. vote them out... it is what we pay them for..

For some reason. .. some folks here think we should not allow them to pass regs... that somehow the greedy hunters opinions on things are far more important ... so they have groups formed and hire lobby etc.. etc.. and blow smoke up people's tails for their personal agendas .. It's a friggin joke no less...

We pay good hard earned money to the state to set the regs and manage the animals we hunt... let them do their jobs... and if they don't do us right .. to da curb with them... but causing a distraction produces poor outcomes in the long term..

12-Apr-15
Got an extra pair of rose colored glasses? Ever give any thought as to how politicians make choices on issues they are not familiar with?

12-Apr-15
AW, there are a few problems with waiting to see if they do a good job. One is that by the time they don't things can be beyond repairable. Two, the clown that takes their spot will probably be just as bad. Politicians are not going to make decisions for the welfare of the herd or hunters. Unless there is money or political favor helping them make those decisions. They do not do things, because it's the right thing to do.

12-Apr-15
Drop Tine - I agree - makes good sense to me!

AW - Is everything negative in your world?

Coming from me, it may sound odd, but I think here in WI we are "regulations" to death - we have some many conservation laws now it could choke a horse.

The common Joe Blow can hardly figure it out now -

It seems we add a page or two to the regulations booklet every couple of years! Wow!

Enforce the laws we have first and to those of you who are effected, call and make reports because if it's not reported it's not a problem and it will not be addressed.

12-Apr-15
"Politicians are not going to make decisions for the welfare of the herd or hunters. Unless there is money or political favor helping them make those decisions. They do not do things, because it's the right thing to do. "

Be thankful RC is not still here or you'd get a "Walker for Sportsmen and is a god to WI" rant. I concur with you that politicians' decisions are based on what is in it for them.

12-Apr-15
BT + 1

12-Apr-15
Hilarious that RC still gets attention from some. Right on BT.

12-Apr-15
Look to other states... when improvement is needed they get it in regs... If we are suppose to decide policy and laws.. then by all means send my tax check back...

The DNR is paid to do a job as well.. cut their funding if we have to steer them all the time.. they are educated in management we are not.. let them make policy and regs...We hint and drink beer.

13-Apr-15
happy, wakeup please. davebow is Rc. Same middle school english comp. with a so far toned down abrasivness. Dbow will show his colors and flame out soon enough. For the interim, capt. Takes over the human cactus crown. Imagine being a client on his charter boat?

13-Apr-15
November, imagining is as close as you will get. You didn't get an invitation?? LOL! Funny thing is, a cactus is most painful to big a--'s.

13-Apr-15
"We pay good hard earned money to the state to set the regs and manage the animals we hunt... let them do their jobs... and if they don't do us right .. to da curb with them... but causing a distraction produces poor outcomes in the long term.. "

Legislators who actively hunt and fish are few and far between. IMO, a majority of employees of the DNR are the same. I think some here forget what happened with the Doyle administration,the DNR,Deer 2000, CWD, inaccurate population estimations, over use of antlerless tags, EAB, T-zones, etc...

There were very few legislators who understood the crossbow issue. Yet, you want to hand over the reigns to them without oversight of organizations and the NRB?

You believe change is simply vote them out and toss them to the curb if you are not happy with their actions. It might be the case on taxes or other reform but when you are talking about a minority vote(hunters) it's not that simple. Even if possible, it takes years to change a direction of a government/department. After many years of hiring employees under the "we are over populated, there is going to be a huge drop in hunter so we need to keep on reducing the herd" thought process, there still is a majority of biologist in the Dept that still believe this. You might be able to change the three top people in the Dept but you can't just start firing people.

In every state, hunting orgs lobby for rights, I don't understand why you want to give up that right.

It wasn't too long ago, hunters were so upset about EAB, T-zone and the low deer population that the legislature held a joint NR committee hearing which hunters came in bus loads to attend. After about 10 hours of testimony and almost a thousand sportsmen in attendance, the joint committee told the DNR to go back and adjust the over winter population goal. They came back with a measly 90K increase.

Remove orgs and individuals from the decision making process....if we could only change 90K then, what exactly would have if there were no orgs or public input? Will you rally voters? How much weight will your three votes carry(assembly, senate and gov)?

13-Apr-15
"happy, wakeup please. davebow is Rc. Same middle school english comp. with a so far toned down abrasivness. Dbow will show his colors and flame out soon enough. For the interim, capt. Takes over the human cactus crown. Imagine being a client on his charter boat? "

Dang November, I was told this in a pm too and didn't believe it. That sure didn't take long now did it. Looks like the 11th moniker in less than a year. I think you have Capt Mike pegged quite well. You should have seen him "converse" on Great Lakes Angler website too. He's no different here other than he didn't use the word ignorant then. He just learned it.

13-Apr-15
Great Lakes Angler? Not for quite a few years. Anyway Happyplace, nice having you along as a follower, although I suspect you always have been.

13-Apr-15
Hit the spring hearings tonight with the wife! Wow...

Ton's of questions and too many that I did not have a clue on regarding fishing waters that I have never seen nor heard of along with places I have never been.

Saw many familiar faces and some new ones around. Went early and did some networking - fun to get together with some of the old guys and new people I have never met.

I enjoyed it! Wife was "OK" with it.

13-Apr-15
Just came back from the hearings. Personally, I like the format. No tolerance for incivility or harassment of people with differing opinions. Seven citizen resolutions were presented against mining in the state. It was both interesting and educational to hear their perspective since I do work for the mining industry.

I voted against the proposal for stands being left up on public lands. IMO it will just lead to further problems between hunters.

Bear hunters were very vocal about leaving zone C of the bear zones as is. I could see their point and voted in their favor even though I will never hunt zone C.

I think the entire room voted against Walker in taking control out of the hands of the citizens and placing the power of managing our resources in the hands of one appointed person. There may be hope for Wisconsin yet!

A lot to digest in a very short period of time and I was glad I reviewed the questions on-line before going. I would like to see it spread out over three days and opened for more meaningful debate.

13-Apr-15
First one I skipped in ages. Daughter had a softball game, then shared some smoked salmon and trout with a teammate's family, made a delicious smoothie and my youngest and I took it on the road and scouted turkeys at dusk. Ended with a picture-perfect sunset and daughter taping the spring peepers and chorus frogs at a local wetland. One of our landowner friends that dad and I go with every year had a stroke recently. I think that played a little role in my not caring to go, too. That, and the politics, and not learning the vote totals until tomorrow anyway. Glad I missed it. May be starting a new tradition.

13-Apr-15
Prayers for your friend Naz.

13-Apr-15
One thing, that was bothersome. Only one person in the entire room under 50. Not a good sign.

13-Apr-15
10, whats your thoughts on your counties committee members?

14-Apr-15
Glad the entire room voted against the item in the Walker budget to make the DNR Board advisory. Hope it went that way in every county.

14-Apr-15
Nov. if you are referring to the deer advisory committee, I attended the meeting during the winter at River Edge. I like the concept of more direct input at the county level by HUNTERS. However, as long as the committee is evenly balanced with actual deer hunters having a say and it is not another special interest forum. The potential for abuse by corporate farmers wanting herd reduction, insurance agents wanting herd reduction, orchard owners wanting herd reduction is very real…in Ozaukee County I can name one of each that if you gave them a platform would vote to wipe out the herd.

Hope that answers your question.

14-Apr-15
One vote that surprised me was a vote on antler point restrictions. It asked me if you would support the DNR implementing APR at the advice of a County Council. My answer was yes. If hunters in a given county vote to manage the herd in that fashion, they should have that right. Questions like this will force more deer hunters to participate in the process.

14-Apr-15
I wasted if minutes you will about 45 answering the questions on line yesterday taking my answers to the meeting arriving 15 minutes early filling out the ballots then waiting for the vote for CC which in Walworth county all were unopposed so I was on my way back home by 7:15 and I feel better that my vote counted and I wasted all of about 2 hours of time. Not a big deal to me but to each there own. When all are added I bet 7000 or less votes cast statewide. I would say every vote counts and everyone that cares should vote.

14-Apr-15
RC = davebow, mine was more of a disgust with the whole b.s. this year in the budget proposal/further attempts to caponize the Congress, coupled with the way the day worked out with the family schedule and finally, the recent stroke of a long-time landowner friend who attended with dad and I for years. Just didn't feel right this year. Not a fan of the politics but ironically, the "bowhunter's" knife to the back of the sportsmen who helped at election time may eventually bring more around to the middle ground, where at least there's some analysis done vs. blind party allegiance.

14-Apr-15
"The potential for abuse by corporate farmers wanting herd reduction, insurance agents wanting herd reduction, orchard owners wanting herd reduction is very real…in Ozaukee County"

10..... Knowing what the NRB is looking at, Ag and forestry, along with any special interest group, must document their reasoning for a reduction. Just saying so should not fly. Documentation on crop damage county wide. Even if one farmer proves he has a problem, it does not reflect the county as a whole. There are programs in place to assist this farmer, if he choses.

Insurance agent have no concern in deer numbers. People have to give up on that. There is no insurance lobby forcing deer reduction. As for insurance agents....I'll make it as simple as possible. Comprehensive(or other than collision) coverage is not a major cost of insurance and at times, about 1/4 to 1/4 the cost of collision coverage. The insurance lobby money would be better spent reducing speed limits or increasing law enforcement to reduce accidents than spend money on deer populations.

If car/deer collisions increase, the insurance company will increase premiums to offset loss/expenses. Let say the annual cost for comprehensive coverage on a policy is $100, an agent would make 10% commission. So if it were to increase to $200 per year, why would an agent want to reduce deer? Even if there was a significant increase in these losses, I doubt an premium increase would be much more than 5-10%.

As tragic as hitting bambi is to the driver, car/deer collisions play a significant role in the auto industry. For body shops, towing facilities, parts manufacturers, paint suppliers, dealers, etc...all benefit from these losses.

The reason for deer reduction based on car/deer collision are because of people.

14-Apr-15
I went to scout Turkeys for the grandkids < 4 tags over the next 4 weeks > and didn't go to the meeting .

I think we all learned that the results and votes at the meetings meam nothing when it gets to madison . That has proven out in the last 5 years .

14-Apr-15
Still can't sit back and do nothing.

14-Apr-15
Well I for one, went to the county meeting last night in Washington County.

It was well attended, as far as I could judge from past meetings. I can tell you, during pre social hour,, most wanted to talk deer hunting, so hopefully their CDAC meeting will bring more in....

A young lady in her 20's was voted in for the CC position, a young trapper and hunter. She got a well deserve applause.

It was well run, and questions of issues and local concern, went quickly...

The question of the NRB and its loss of authority, and other of Walkers agenda, did not go well for the governor. With all due respect, he got some bad advice from someone on that.....

Antler restriction - We were informed that it was dead on arrival, per the Board, but it was there to vote on. One guy spoke out against it anyway.

Although more appropriate for CDAC meetings, when the question of killing white deer came up, I asked a question. My question was, are we heading towards an era, where we are going to have more complicated and different rules, for each county?

I explained, that in one spot I hunt, I will need to have 3 doe tags, to kill one doe, since of county lines and public and private....... just one example.

The CDAC rep was very well read and spoke well, he said that they are trying to take pressure off of public land, and urged everyone to get involved in their county. They gave out their doe quota as 350 for this year, and to maintain the county herd...

My unofficial survey was that everyone likes the new set up, with farmland, and central forest and such, but do not like how the doe tags early are going, and some at the meeting said so.....

Registration of kayaks and non motorized boats did not go off real well. The point was made, that it would assist law enforcement to identify and empty craft, which is valid, but a stretch.

One participant said that it was time for the tree huggers to pay their part, but another guys said, he had a lot of boats, and why not have a multi boat registration...... either way, that is a vote I will watch.....

Only time is going to tell, how thing will work out in the long run. New ideas are being tried, I might not agree with them, but I will keep an open mind, and see how things work out.

I still believe in the CC and the NRB, we are the only ones in the country, that have it,,,,,,,,, I for one will fight to keep it....

Do nothing, and good men will lose.

as far as crop damage goes, we are the only state that I know of, that has it, just get rid of it........

Best lines of the night, that I heard,,,,,, "we are going to simplify the trout regulations, but instead, we'll make deer hunting more complicated"

Also I bring it up, because Drop Tine asked, for what I know, they voted to get rid of that concealment rule.

they also voted down the tree stand on public land rule, going only off of what I heard

14-Apr-15
Thanks Razor!

14-Apr-15
Nice post Razor! The governor definitely got some bad advice on that item in his budget. My guess is it was added at the request of a couple particular lawmakers. Only time will tell.

14-Apr-15
Dr. Deer implied DNR had too many deer hunting rules years ago, so rule simplification and "putting the fun back in hunting" were the immediate goals. We've seen how that's going. But in time, county committees working with local biologists and foresters has the potential to improve relations. Some of the other changes I'm not so hot on, but they're here and are what they are. All in all, at the end of the day or season, you'll still have a large segment of "have-not" hunters unhappy with their hunt, and plenty of "have" hunters critical of the DNR. Some things never change, even as the management of deer and deer hunting does.

14-Apr-15
Naz, as you well know and have previously agreed with, the state is not following Dr. Kroll's plan exclusively. The end product is a mixture of his suggestions, along with input from the public and various groups. Your continued attempts to discredit him with selective misleading and erroneous statements only shows the bias and hatred you harbor. Those are some of the very things that you yourself will, at other times, claim works to the detriment of all hunters.

14-Apr-15
No hatred, just believe a high-fence proponent, commercial deer (semen and live deer selling) proponent, food plot and gravity feeder proponent, crossbow proponent and CWD denier was not the right choice for Wisconsin.

While I'm in favor of stakeholders working with local DNR reps multiple times a year to iron things out, we will likely see even more confusion and rules as a result of the Deer Trustee process.

15-Apr-15
So either you missed my point or you ignore it. Does not matter, I simply wanted to point out your hypocrisy in that regards the portions of the DTR you think may work you give him no credit yet on the parts you are opposed to you are quick to label as his. There are a couple readers here who are a bit more ignorant than others so just trying to help them understand.

15-Apr-15
Results of 2015 hearings are in !!! Antler point restrictions rejected 68 counties no and 4 counties yes. Increase fine for dogs on private property 58 counties yes and 13 counties no and one tie. Zone C running dogs for bear 45 counties no and 27 yes.

15-Apr-15
The dumbest one that I see passed is the 15-5 panfish one. Retired DNR Dennis Pratt even wrote a letter stating do not vote for this because it is wrong and has no research to prove its worth. Who in the hell is going to go somewhere and catch 5 bluegills? Not to mention the overpopulation problems that happen with panfish. Either the majority of the people at these meetings just voted yes because they don't fish them and don't care(hard to believe)or the DNR wants to try this and made the numbers up. Now we have a cabin on a lake that I get to go out and catch 5 bluegills, wow!!! Say goodbye to tourism in northern WI.

15-Apr-15
vote to ban baiting and feeding.. almost 2 to 1 want it gone!

15-Apr-15
I agree with therealdeal, baiting should now be banned. Just like I voted for antler restrictions and it lost big, it is a dead issue. Harvest of white deer should be a dead issue as well. State sportsmen and women have spoken.

15-Apr-15
Where are you guys seeing the results? I couldn't find them on the DNR site.

15-Apr-15
Zinger, I had to do the search on the site

15-Apr-15
" If its a legislative matter then that's where this stuff gets done. The opinions of a few hunters are easily trumped which is why I don't bother attending. "

I gotta agree with RC/Howatt/davebow/et al on this one. xbows were voted down multiple times and then went to full inclusion in the blink of an eye.

15-Apr-15
Absolutely amazes me that some still cant comprehend that the D.N.R. is a political org. Money and greed rule. The rest is just smoke screens. The spring hearings are a feel good measure and nothing more.

15-Apr-15
Scooter and the lawmakers felt the sportsmen's rath and backed down on neutering the NRB.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/key-committee-to-take-up-scott-walker-budget-proposals-b99481087z1-299779721.html

16-Apr-15
The problem is, why was it in the budget in the first place, and who put it there? Sportsman for Walker?

16-Apr-15
Many people (legislators) have the ability to get items included in the budget. That is why the process allows for comments and hearings, a method of vetting the different items. Of course the voice of the sportsmen mattered, best delivered through organized groups.

16-Apr-15

Novemberforever's Link
dbow/rc- How do You know the NRB decision was made WAY in advance of Tuesdays CC vote results? Imo, state reps took lots of email/phone calls against this proposal and lawmakers realized there was passionate opposition to this idea. The CC vote results showed "sportsman for NRB power" far outweighed sportsman for blind allegiance.State reps #1 concern is getting re elected.Btw, deer hunting was a small part of stripping NRB power vs. all other natural resources.The NRB is a check and balance to run away power from any regime. The system worked.

16-Apr-15
CaptMike +1

16-Apr-15
November-

How easy we forget that we are again dealing with the "Exalted One". Once again he graces us with his lack of intelligence and ability to annoy like a bad rash!

Calls and letters have been drafted and sent to elected officials and yes the Governor himself.

I don't think the Governor has a hotline to RC's home to use in the event that he needs to consult with him!!!

LOL

16-Apr-15
CaptMike, "Many people (legislators) have the ability to get items included in the budget."

Yeah, so isn't anyone curious as to who told who, to put such a anti-sportsman item in the budget? These guys should be voted out of office!

16-Apr-15
Sag, I don't disagree with you but you need to try and understand that not all law-makers are up to speed on every different issue. Because of that, they rely on people they believe are giving them good advice, only to later learn through the vetting system that it was not such good advice.

16-Apr-15
Yes, Yes, Yes .... again, so whose "people" are giving "not such good advice"? Sportsman need to know where stuff like this really comes from!

16-Apr-15
It is "our people", the ones who get voted in as legislators. I'm not privy to anyone name in particular.

16-Apr-15
Sag +1. Well stated.

17-Apr-15
It's easy the advice came from anyone and everyone with extreme views and an agenda on the far right. If I'm donating the kind of money these politicians have been getting, you better believe I'm making suggestions on policy. Can anyone say Koch?

17-Apr-15
Walker's supporters are trying desperately to keep him alive but, he is fading fast! Nobody else in the country wants what we have. What does it say about the New Wisconsin?

17-Apr-15
The #1 blind worshipper and apologist has spoken. Welcome back Ronny. That sure didn't take long. How's Howatt LOL ;).

17-Apr-15
happy-

Don't feed the beast. Remember what he thrives on...

"It's all about ME!"

17-Apr-15
It is like catching a gag grouper. Right to the bottom, flare out the gills and sit tight! It will be on for a while.

17-Apr-15
I haven't missed a spring hearing for more years than I can remember and this one was the most disappointing ever. But it's better to vote than not - don't take part, then don't complain.

18-Apr-15
"don't take part, then don't complain."

It has been proven that taking part does absolutely no good when the outcome is already decided. if it's a matter with enough money thrown at it, it will NEVER matter what the majority of WI sportsmen want.

18-Apr-15
10, you are so far off base it is laughable.

19-Apr-15
10, you are spot on.

"It has been proven that taking part does absolutely no good when the outcome is already decided. if it's a matter with enough money thrown at it, it will NEVER matter what the majority of WI sportsmen want. "

The xbow situation is a perfect example of this.

19-Apr-15
Anyone have a link to the results of the hearings online?

19-Apr-15

Mike F's Link
Trapper-

Here you are

19-Apr-15
Now what did I do? LOL

• Sitka Gear