leftee 01-Apr-15
Brotsky 01-Apr-15
Dakota 01-Apr-15
Brotsky 02-Apr-15
Dakota 03-Apr-15
Dakota 03-Apr-15
huntnmuleys 04-Apr-15
31-Mar-15
Have any of you heard about the big fire that is going on in Harding County right now?

01-Apr-15
I have and have been following it on the news. Sounds like it's in the west short pines area? Hopefully not impacting you or your family's ranch?

01-Apr-15

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo
My family has been on the front lines since it started. We got it stopped just before it got to our place thankfully. I'll try to post some pictures.

01-Apr-15

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo

01-Apr-15

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo

01-Apr-15

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo

01-Apr-15

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo

01-Apr-15

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo

01-Apr-15

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo

01-Apr-15

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo

01-Apr-15
Wow,powerful pics.Thanks.Hope it's under control soon.

01-Apr-15
Wow! Glad you were able to protect the ranch and not have any more damage! The news I've seen hasn't said that any homes or structures have been damaged which is a blessing. I know short term this is an ugly situation but what is your thoughts on it long term Randy? Good for the grasslands or not?

01-Apr-15
In the long run it is a great thing. A lot of that needed to be burnt. With some rain shortly that country well green up like nothing else. Nobody was hurt and no major structural damage was done. Just kind of a pain in the butt with all of us in the middle of calving and lambing. A lot of fencing is going to have to be done but when isn't it. In the short term some ranchers did lose some grazing that they would have needed right now. It will be pretty tough for them. Just my opinion.

02-Apr-15
I see there's another fire now burning out of control on the other side of the county near Slim Buttes. Crazy spring so far. Praying for rain!

03-Apr-15
Yes there is another one 15 miles east of Buffalo. They say it is about 5% contained right now but not really anywhere for it to go. It is surrounded by fire lines and they are using backfires.

03-Apr-15

Dakota's embedded Photo
Dakota's embedded Photo
http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/slim-buttes-wildfire-blows-up-to-4000-acres/?id=178147#.VR7vC388M9A.facebook

04-Apr-15
dang, Randy, glad it missed your place. fires usually tend to be good things overall but its tough to see that side sometimes.

• Sitka Gear