treesitter 09-Apr-15
Toonces 09-Apr-15
nehunter 09-Apr-15
Dr. Deer 09-Apr-15
Dr. Deer 10-Apr-15
treesitter 10-Apr-15
easyshooter 15-May-15
01-Apr-15
Hi Guys I was thinking of a new bow this year. I'm still shooting a entry level Bear Charge I bought 5 plus years ago. I'm ready for an upgrade. Anybody pick up or shoot the new Mathews no cam bow? Im also considering the Mathews z7 extreme.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

01-Apr-15
There are some threads on it. If you scroll down to the Elite thread, there are some guys on there that give their thoughts on the Mathews.

01-Apr-15
I shot it as soon as it came out if not for the fact that I just bought the chill R last year ( which is one of the best Matthews bows I've ever shot) I'd probably get it . Smooth draw great back wall and just feels good in your hand . To be honest you can't go wrong with any of the latest bows from any of the major 3 Mathews Bowtech or Hoyt. They all shoot great it's more about shooting it and finding that one now that just feels best in your hand.

02-Apr-15
Thanks guys maybe I'll try elite bows as well.

02-Apr-15
Heck, I've been shooting no-cam bows for 25 years!

And Wild Bill for longer than that, I'd bet...

02-Apr-15
GF

You're talking long and recurve. I miss the simple and light shooting.

03-Apr-15
Yep.... Hunted Elk a bunch of years with my old Howatt Hunter, hiking for miles and miles at 10-11-12 thousand feet.

Took a Contraption out there. Once.

And the joke of it all is that all that extra speed doesn't buy me a single yard of effective range, because past about 23-24, I start guessing as to which pin and start missing high & low... even though I thought I had enough overlap in my pins to prevent that...

Lost more arrows shooting that bow for just one trip 'round the course at Cos Cob than I've lost with my recurves on that course, EVER! Of course, the compound sticks 'em a lot deeper in the mud...

03-Apr-15
I can't shoot the recurve any more due to shoulder problems. I miss how simple things were using it.

04-Apr-15
I shot the no cam bow,did not impress me very much.I ended up going with a Elite 32 Energy,Love it.It is a very shootable bow,smooth,great wall very well made and will not feel like it wants to jump out of your hand when you shot it.little things like the finish on the cams,much more durable then mathews.It just feels better.Test drive one you may be surprised.Good luck

06-Apr-15
Shot both as well. Also bought the Elite, although the Mathews is nice, liked the Elite a little better.

09-Apr-15

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
One of my no-cam bows. Seriously, I have the NoCam by Mathews and you will love it. I also have the Elite Synergy, and they are neck-and-neck in a lot of ways except for groups. NoCam groups are smaller in my amateur hands.

09-Apr-15
Thanks for all your advice guys. I can't wait to try these bows!

09-Apr-15
I ended up buying the energy 32. I didn't know there was a difference between the Synergy and Energy. Went in totally blind and just shot what the shop dude handed me.

Specs wise I now wish I had shot the Synergy, but the Energy is pretty sweet, so who knows.

09-Apr-15

nehunter's Link
treesitter, Go to a local archery shop not the big catalog stores. Shoot what they carry and they will provide service making your bow shooting the best it can. I recommend Newbury in Goshen.

09-Apr-15
If you are an ebay guy, the Elite Energy 35 is just two inches longer than the Synergy, otherwise the same bow and you can get it for half the cost of a new synergy 600 ish

10-Apr-15

Dr. Deer's Link

10-Apr-15
That's what I plan to do,go to a reputable shop and shoot the bows. I bought my first bow at cabelas, I wouldn't do that again. Thanks again

15-May-15
The no cam is smooth and shoots great. Love that bow. I also love my chill r. Can't go wrong.

• Sitka Gear