Dale Miller 11-Apr-15
Rut Nut 13-Apr-15
mixed bag 20-Apr-15
Rut Nut 21-Apr-15
mixed bag 22-Apr-15
Rut Nut 23-Apr-15
Buck Stalker 23-Apr-15
09-Apr-15
Had a visitor tonight after supper. A young bear that had some kind of injury to it's right front leg/paw. He was hopping along on his left front leg holding the right one up in the air as he hopped. He obviously didn't want to put any weight on it.

I saw it looking out my front window and it came over to the foot of our front steps and was about to come up the steps onto the deck when I opened the door and "shoo'd" it away from the house.

It hopped over into the side yard and then down over the bank into the woods. Every 40 feet or so it would sit down on it's backside and rest. Then get up and keep going. Not sure if the leg is broken or what, but it was apparent that something was very wrong and it did not want to put weight on it.

10-Apr-15
oobla dee oobla dah.

10-Apr-15
It probably has a thorn stuck in it's paw.You should go out with some pliers and pull it out.

11-Apr-15
Long handled pliers and a bottle of Jack. Drink the Jack before you pull out the thorn. It will cloud your judgment and give you the courage to do something stupid.

13-Apr-15
LOL! Guys! :)

I talked to the local WCO on Sat. and he said it was probably the one that got hit by a car last week nearby. He said they are tough critters and will probably heal and be no worse for the wear in a few weeks.

20-Apr-15
Perry I have one with a completely broken back leg.Saw him again this spring a year later and much fatter.He can't walk good but can run fine.They are tough for sure and that bear will be fine.Nothing preys on them but man so they survive fine wounded

21-Apr-15
Yep. Good point. I hope I see it again.

22-Apr-15
mine came into the yard again this evening.Sometimes he sleeps in my back yard.Better then a watch dog,lol

23-Apr-15
LOL! :)

23-Apr-15
You guys are hilarious!!! I especially like the bottle of Jack part??? How are you Perry? I missed talking to you at the Banquets.

• Sitka Gear