time to get out the bow
New York
Contributors to this thread:
sweet old bill 14-Apr-15
sweet old bill 27-Apr-15
sweet old bill 29-Apr-15
CurveBow 29-Apr-15
14-Apr-15
the snow is almost gone, it was a great day and shot the bow for about 40 arrows...The PSE drive model bow was right on setup with 3 pin sight, WB rest, 1/4 inch peep and kisser. Look out turkey we are ready...I will try to shoot a few arrows each day out to 35 yards to get ready for the opening of turkey season.

27-Apr-15
We shot again yesterday, boy was it a cold wind in the morning. I want those 60 's plus temp back. We were shooting and I saw as a shot a fletch was taken off a arrow in the target. As we went to pull the arrows, it turned out it was not one arrow effected but a total of 3 of my arrows had fletch hit or removed from out shooting at 30 yards. So we finished up shooting at 40 yards and still had good groups, but no damage arrows. I shot both of my hunting bows a 2007 Hoyt xl and my newest a PSE 2013 Drive model bow

29-Apr-15
shot the 3D course for the first time. The targets all look great and did well over the winter. I will have 3 to repair of the 30, but they are small problems. I broke one arrow due to have a no brain issue, the first target is a turkey at about 18 yards, I never looked at my slider sight and had it set for the last target I had shot a few days ago ( 40 ) yards, so the arrow went over the turkey into a rock wall, broke into many small carbon pieces.

29-Apr-15
I hope to shoot some arrows this weekend. Need to kep my shoulder in shape!

Tried shooting a Matthews No Cam last Friday, it shot really nicely. Also drew several Hoyt Faktors and a Carbon Spyder. Wow, the Spyder is a light bow! But, I think I'll stay with my Matthews DXT for a while longer....

>>>>-------->

• Sitka Gear