Turkey34 21-Apr-15
Naz 21-Apr-15
raspy old hen 21-Apr-15
Bigwoods 22-Apr-15
GVS 22-Apr-15
15-Apr-15

PSEUSER's embedded Photo
PSEUSER's embedded Photo
My dad harvested his first tom in about 6 years at 6 oclock this morning. Just wish I was there to share it with him!

15-Apr-15

Elkaddict's embedded Photo
Elkaddict's embedded Photo
6:45 this morning. His third season, age 12, third Tom.

15-Apr-15

15-Apr-15
gotta luv the pup in the first pic !

15-Apr-15

Buckiller's embedded Photo
7:25 Wednesday morning

15-Apr-15

19.5 lbs 10.5 inch beard

15-Apr-15
Cool pics so far!! Yeah that's my yellow lab pup, he always has to have something to chew on lol. Keep the posts coming!! Congrats to everyone, I'll be out for the 2nd and 6th season in Manitowoc country where my dad shot his this morning!!

16-Apr-15
I called in a beautiful 24# Tom to the HUD decoy for my dad this morning. He was done at 6am. It was a SG kill, so I won't post the pic. So I got to call one in for my son (12) yesterday, and my dad (70) this morning, pretty awesome start to the season. I'll be toting the Mathews tomorrow :)

16-Apr-15
Love the Puppy pic. That's awesome!!

16-Apr-15

CaptMike's embedded Photo
CaptMike's embedded Photo
Around 8:15 this morning.

17-Apr-15
Way to go CaptMike !! Nice Bird.

18-Apr-15
Success at 6am this morning. 24 1/2 pounds, 10 1/2 inch beard, 1 1/4 inch spur on right leg, left leg had 1 1/8 inch spur. Came into a strutter decoy standing next to a hen decoy. Once he hit the ground from his roost tree and gobbled, I gobbled back to him challenging his dominance to the field. All on video too.

18-Apr-15
Awesome raspy

18-Apr-15

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Four solid days of hunting finally paid-off. Success at 4 PM today.

Worked this gobbler for almost 15 minutes as he came in to my dekes with a couple of hens in tow.

9 1/2 inch beard, 1 1/4 inch spurs.

As I was tagging it The Frau called to tell me the blond Lab is going in for surgery tonight for a bowel obstruction.

Bittersweet day...

18-Apr-15

RJN's embedded Photo
RJN's embedded Photo
Shot this Tom at noon today. He gobbled a mile away and came in 15 minutes later. 22 lbs 10" beard 1" spurs

18-Apr-15
Thanks Buck and congrats to all the successful hunters.

19-Apr-15

Duke's embedded Photo
Duke's embedded Photo
We dialed this two year old bird up yesterday mid-morning. Not a gobble from the roosts... We ended up getting this guy on a ridge travel corridor as he was bird dogging a hen that came straight into my calling and provided a great live decoy to finish the deal. 22.2#, 1 1/8 spurs, 8" beard.

Good luck to others. We've got a few tags left including my son's first tag for an oos mentor hunt...

19-Apr-15
Sat in my blind yesterday morning to see and listen for what is shaken. Five different gobblers lit up the trees. Once they hit the ground, silent! Two weeks and I have my hunt.

20-Apr-15
Great job all! I've taken several folks so far in LTH and first period and lots of tree-top gobbling, and if it's windy, overcast and colder (which it has been too often along Lake Michigan), not much daytime gobbling unless you get in close on one and cut to get 'em riled up. On the rare calm and clear and warmer mornings, seem like there's been more gobbling when they hit the ground. Part of it may be all the hens we have in this area. No reason to sound off so much just yet.

20-Apr-15

GVS's embedded Photo
GVS's embedded Photo
I had my season here in Wisconsin this past weekend and it was one of the best turkey hunting experiences I have ever had. Last year I saw one bird and heard only three gobbles so I wasn't expecting much. It was quite windy this weekend but the turkeys were gobbling steady which is unheard of where I hunt. Sat I saw two toms and somehow messed up at a 25 for shot. I only pulled a couple feathers off on the going a way shot. After a short scamper he strutted out of my life. Sunday had two close encounters right away. Then a couple hours later a tom was heading my way and while watching him try to skirt me two jakes came past the shooting window at 15 ft. Fortunatly they circled the blind, the tom split and I got a 25 ft shot at the closer one. After the hit the turkey had trouble running so he took to the air and landed on the other end of the field 300 yds distant and went into the marsh. Five minutes later his buddy went in the marsh after him. I found them both over an hour later with the buddy on top doing unspeakable acts to his dead buddy.

21-Apr-15
Awesome job gvs

21-Apr-15

Turkey34's embedded Photo
Turkey34's embedded Photo
I know it's a shotgun kill, but it is his first turkey.22 lbs 9.5 inch beard and 1 inch Spurs, not bad for your first turkey!!!

21-Apr-15
GVS, nice work .... and no comment on the jake deal ... LOL.

T34, congrats to the youth, great job no matter what was used!

21-Apr-15
T 34 that smile says it all. Congrats to all of the other successful turkey hunters.

22-Apr-15
GVS-

What kind of bow is that?

22-Apr-15
It's a Robertski. A Robertson with my homemade limbs. The limbs that came with at about four pounds heavier and just not comfortable to shoot all weekend at a shoot or league night so I made up these lighter ones. They are juniper just like the ones Dick made. It is by far my favorite bow.

• Sitka Gear