itshot 15-Apr-15
Chris Durando 27-Apr-15
4nolz@work 08-May-15
Chris Durando 09-May-15
Panhandle Bob 25-Jun-15
itshot 24-Oct-15
MDW 26-Oct-15
15-Apr-15
THE CAPITAL, TALLAHASSEE, April 15, 2015.......... Black bears are closer to being placed on the state's wildlife hunting calendar for the first time in more than 20 years.

The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission agreed Wednesday to allow hunting for black bears during one week this fall, due to a growing number of bear and human conflicts across the state. The commission made the decision after hearing more than two hours of comments for and against the proposal.

The hunt, which is planned to begin Oct. 24, will be formally set at the commission's June meeting. The hunt will last at least two days, with the timeframe shortened as quotas are reached in different regions of the state.

15-Apr-15
should be an effective management tool and a great opportunity for hunters

should be some big bears taken the first year

27-Apr-15

Chris Durando's embedded Photo
Chris Durando's embedded Photo
Sure wish it included glades county but doesn't , I have more bears on my trail cameras than I do hogs!

08-May-15
no dogs no bait

09-May-15
Yeah no way they're going to reach their quota in the southern bear unit without dogs or baiting

25-Jun-15

Panhandle Bob's Link
Final meeting is done...

http://www.northescambia.com/2015/06/florida-gives-final-approval-for-black-bear-hunting

24-Oct-15
Here it is, bear season

anybody going?

26-Oct-15
Let's hear some results guys. I see on the news that the hunt was called after two days and almost 300 bears.

• Sitka Gear