Babysaph 16-Apr-15
hookman 16-Apr-15
Babysaph 17-Apr-15
sswv 17-Apr-15
prestonco 23-Apr-15
16-Apr-15

M.P.'s embedded Photo
M.P.'s embedded Photo
A Preston county couple were charged 4/12/15 for illegal turkey hunting violations. NPR Sergeant Johnson located a baited area and began his investigation. Sgt Johnson hit the woods early Sunday morning to beat the poachers in. Sgt Johnson set up and later observed a male and female shoot two turkeys. Sgt Johnson then apprehended the husband and wife team and found the turkey had been shot with a crossbow. The man plead guilty to his charges on Monday 4/13/15 and was sentenced to 100 days in jail but was suspended for 2 years probation and his hunting privileges revoked for 2 years. His court costs and replacement fees were $1161.60. His wife's case has not been adjudicated as of this date. Sgt Johnson was assisted by the Preston County Sherriff's office.

16-Apr-15
Glad they caught them.

16-Apr-15
Indeed, but wonder if they even had a hunting license? Hopefully they have learned a lesson and will not ever do it again, and next time do it legally.... but looks like next time to do it legally may be a few years from now

16-Apr-15
I agree Wv bowhunter. Keeping them in jail for 2 years would keep them from hunting. They will still hunt without a license.

16-Apr-15
Wish they could confiscate their hunting equipment. DNR could auction off a bunch of equipment to give them more money, especially since the majority of those costs don't go to the DNR.

16-Apr-15
Little Bear X 10,000

16-Apr-15
The replacement cost to the Dnr is 100 dollars

16-Apr-15
Good idea Lil Bear

16-Apr-15
Now that's what I call law enforcement. But the courts usually slap their hands and reduce penelties. They allready reduced from 100 days in jail to 2 years probation.

17-Apr-15
Yep.

17-Apr-15
I sure wish Sgt. Johnson worked the southern part of WV or at least more like him. GREAT job.

23-Apr-15
hahaha sswv, no, no you dont wish that!!!! lol

• Sitka Gear