bill v 24-Apr-15
mixed bag 24-Apr-15
horsethief51 16-May-15
horsethief51 17-Jun-15
horsethief51 22-Jun-15
Rut Nut 23-Jun-15
16-Apr-15
Ok boys, I might need some info.

I don't have plans to go west this year so, I'm thinking maybe I should try for a bear. I've never had a bear permit in Pa since I don't hunt upstate.

Without bait(ofcourse) how do you set up for them? When to go? and ideas on where?

I have a friend near Blakeley area, might see if he's available although he has a sick family member and may not be available. So, any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Bill V.

I'll get this one out of they way (dale) "Goto the 5C hunt" !!!!!!

16-Apr-15
Bill I believe that Hawk Mountain area is a travel corridor for bears. Or so I've heard. If you ask your local WCO I'm sure they'd forward some info on locations where there is an abundance.

16-Apr-15
I'm selling bear squares Bill. ;-)

16-Apr-15
One group (rifle) hunted a game lands near my house and killed (no bull)five bear in 2 days. this was the first year in a few I did hunt or scout that game lands.. Two years ago I hunted it for turkey right after I took a week off to hunt the last week of archery deer season.. Snow on the ground I saw quite a few sets of bear tracks. I will be checking it out this year before I take any time off for deer. If their, there I will take off for bear and not deer this year..

16-Apr-15
We have bears here. If there is corn, there could be a mess of them.

16-Apr-15
Nice Art..... Ole BUDDY Ole PAL:)

17-Apr-15
Thanks Dale, I'll look into the Hawk mountain area, had planned on hiking up there this year.

Ed,in those big ole gamelands, how do I pinpoint a spot to arrow one? Food sources?

Bill V.

17-Apr-15
Ooooo's ure welcome to come up my place and hunt Beer season or even bear season! will be up there from last 2 weeks of archery season till first Sunday of deer season ! Old RC comes up 4 bear season in bear season only have about 5 people hunting out of my camp but we can hunt with 15 other guys next door ! So it's up 2 U Old Buddy old friend !

17-Apr-15
Forgot to tell U I'm in Tidioute Warren County! Bear check station is right down over the hill from me !

17-Apr-15
Thanks Denny! If I'm off work I'll certainly consider taking you up on Ithat generous offer!

17-Apr-15
Now Dale, some how or another, YOU OWE ME!

I start a thread and you get an offer of lodging and a hunt, Whew!!

17-Apr-15
I have a friend near Blakeley area, might see if he's available although he has a sick family member and may not be available. So, any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Bill V. The above is what U said Bill! But I guess ure welcome 2 if the other one don't work out 4 U !

17-Apr-15
Bill- up here in the Poconos we have many swamps where the bears like to hunker down in, especially during hunting season. We look for spots where they are coming out of swamps to feed and wander around during the day. You can usually see where the good travel routes are. Then set up and try to catch them coming out of the swamp to feed.

17-Apr-15
I just find the sign. Look for poop, tracks claw marks in apple or cherry trees.. It's always good to have a little snow before the season opens to find tracks. Many of times finding lots of poop all in just about the same area. That's a good thing. :)

17-Apr-15
Bill you must learn the secret handshake to camp with Roy and Denny. I ain't gonna show ya ROFL! Plus you better like gittin yer picture put all over the Internet sleepin alongside "Caesar" Flatlander while being watched over by an 8 x 10 glossy of Roy hangin on the wall.

On second thought.....

Yeah Denny-Bill V would be a blast at bear camp~(8o)

17-Apr-15
Denny, I'll have to double check my vacation schedule, but I might be off for part of bear season, and up north when the time comes. Maybe I'll run from my camp to yours and hunt some beer/bear with yinz guyz.

Where IS your camp ezzakkly? I thought Roy said we weren't that far away from each other. P.m. or email me your addy if you'd like. Do you guys hunt the early bow/bear? That's usually when I'm around 'them-thar-hills' :^) Miss ya.

17-Apr-15
Jeff I'm up there from the last 2 weeks of archery season till first weekend of rifle Deer season ! Ure more than welcome! U can even C old splinter!It's about 9 miles from Sheffield ifin u take the back roads, I can meet U on Rt 6 in Sheffield just like I meet Roy ! Dale we don't take pictures up my place what u C and hear up there stays up there! Sooooooo NO pictures hit the internet !

17-Apr-15
Hahja... sign the affidavid....

Miss u 2 osageman....

Hed due north....

Lets due dis....

Wears Ed?

Make meet.

17-Apr-15
Denny, jist got the 'splinter thing', and I do sincerely apologize. That probably traumatized me more'n you. I'll make it up to ya. :^)

Better late than never?

17-Apr-15
Good timing by the way Denbow. I r'spectdat.

18-Apr-15
I'll be there.... I'm hunting out by the look out tower this year?? Dale you could ride up with me if you like.

18-Apr-15
Bill, If you get up by Scranton some time, let me know. The g-lands is 45 mins northeast of there.. I live 5 mins from this g-lands and know it well. I'll show you it and the places that I see the bears and why they are there.

20-Apr-15
I run a 25 man bear drives for 2 days of rifle if you want to come have "fun".We put out 5 last year and got 3.Alot of crawling thru rodo. for 2 days straight to push them out but we have a blast.I can hook you up with real good archery spots as I have cameras out for our drives and know where a lot of bears are during season.Have had 3 different bears thru my yard so far this spring

20-Apr-15
If I don't go to Ohio on PA archery bear season we can have a 2D bear hunt here.

20-Apr-15
Thanks and not a bad idea Roy. Work is as freakin always, my issue.... I'll look up the dates on my schedule to see when or If can make it.

21-Apr-15
Thanks for the help guys. The only semi plans I have is going down to MD and get after some Sika deer. Unless I pull a Pa elk tag!! :) The more I think about this the more I'm working up to it. This will be an archery hunt, guess I'll hunt the Nov 16th to Nov 20th slot unless I end up in a unit with an earlier season.

Boo, Thanks for the offer! Had to look up Warren county. I had no idea where that was. Would be a great time I'm sure, I know Dale some and have talked to Flatlander a few times. And ofcourse there's RC. If I were to make it up there, one requirement would be that someone needs to bring along a non-wheelie bow for me to shoot.

Teeton, Mixed and Bob(pm) Thanks for the offers, I do need to be educated on how to go about this. I'll hook up with all of you guys this year as I'm planning to get up state on some hikes this year and scout things out for bear.

Its time I made it upstate to do some Pa hunting. As most of you know I'm a suburban guy. I've only hunted upstate a few times(along time ago) so here I come.

Thanks Bill V.

21-Apr-15
Bill, Crista and I have a little cabin just outside the Poconos. It's about 1hr 45 minutes from our house. We can walk to state game lands. Your more then welcome to bear hunt anytime.

22-Apr-15
There ya go!

22-Apr-15
Billy boy, I'll bring a bow and arrows for you to shoot. I'll even learn ya how to hit the target with it.. But it will be shooting with three fingers under.. LOL :)

22-Apr-15
Ah Ha RC, I know 3 fingers under but, I walk the nock or atleast I use to. Hope there wasn't a joke there that I didn't get!

Bill V

22-Apr-15
Cool beans..

22-Apr-15
bill,ill trade you an awesome couple bear spots for some sika imfo.Just had the 400lb broken leg bear in my yard around 5pm today looking to do a sika hunt this year

23-Apr-15
Ya know Art.... That's dang generous of you to offer your place. And it weren't the first time you've done that. Pretty cool bud!

23-Apr-15
See what happens.

24-Apr-15
Now Mixed, you want to trade a Sika for a broken down big bear that cant walk and hangs out in your back yard???? OOps, Sleeps in your back yard!!! lol

Sounds like me!!! :)

Your welcome to make it for Sika if you want, either way. I'll Pm you.

Thanks Bill V.

24-Apr-15
I've had 3 different bears thru the yard this month.I live right in the middle of some of the states highest bear densities.Trust me, that bear is not easy to get,bad leg and all Let me know dates for sika,and if your renting house again.Sept I'll be in Alaska,and looking into end of Oct for taking my son hunting out west for mulies/elk.I have early Sept and early Oct open to chase sika a few days.I'd rather hunt them then whitetails locally

16-May-15
They just planted everything in corn yesterday, probably 50 acres give or take.

17-Jun-15
Saw a big bear crossing the road near the house midday yesterday.

22-Jun-15
Bear was at the mailbox the same time as me today. Close one.

23-Jun-15
Saw one run across 4 lanes of traffic just outside of E. Stroudsburg last night just before dark. Almost got hit by a car.

• Sitka Gear