HunterR 30-May-15
razorhead 30-May-15
happygolucky 30-May-15
Antler Whore 30-May-15
happygolucky 31-May-15
Duke 31-May-15
FIP 31-May-15
27-Apr-15
Pushing your own product now Ronny? I recommend you become a bowsite sponsor to get your advertising versus trying for free advertising.

Remember, you pumped your own product on Archery Talk. Hiding behind yet another fake name fools nobody but yourself. I doubt Pat will be happy with you trying for free advertising.

27-Apr-15
Ron, you've been on bowsite for so many years to know you must be a sponsor in order to push your products. Pat's rules, not mine. Yet another rule you are a violator of. It doesn't end with you does it.

27-Apr-15
I know a guy that uses, licking branches, and they work well, lots of July pictures on them,,,,, but this is private land, well managed, and lightly hunted,,,,,,,,,,

I hunt mostly public, so most tricks and stuff, do not work on pressured bucks, in the environment I hunt,,,,,, that's why I hunt a lot of area, and as close to the bed as I can, if not right in the core area.....

He uses mostly James Valley products, because they have worked for him, and John was a trapper. However after his death, I have no idea if the quality is the same......

what do you use?

27-Apr-15

FullDraw2015's embedded Photo
FullDraw2015's embedded Photo

FullDraw2015's Link
Ron/Davebow, your approval rating is dropping faster than your buddy Walkers.

27-Apr-15
Years ago, I made a mock scrape on a game trail off of a logging road behind St. Johns Lake in Forest County. I did it hoping some gun hunter would find it that morning, opening day and sit it. My only intent was to prevent anyone from venturing further back into the area I was hunting. I shot a small buck that year and as I was dragging it out, I rounded the corner and here is a guy in his 30's down on all fours sniffing the scrape. When he saw me, he said its fresh in a startled voice. He then picked the dirt up and rubbed it between his fingers. Still wet he said! I didn't tell but, I had peed in it that morning. At that time, about a six pack of Coors. I had everything I could do not to laugh and get my butt kicked. Later I said four Hale Mary's and two Our Fathers. Otherwise, I've experimented with little luck. Much more success with a unscented tampon soaked in Tinks! So, if you are walking through a woods and see tampons hanging in the trees, generally in a circle, you know I've been there. LOL I take great pleasure in buying them at the same time as buying Doe in Heat 69. You wouldn't believe the looks I get from female cashiers, especially lezbos.

27-Apr-15
"Do any of you guys make mock scrapes, licking branches to be able to get trail cam pictures or to bring deer to your stand locations?"

No its a complete waste of time and if you purchase it a waste of money. Its just another penis extension that falls limp and does not work. There is always a snake oil sales man in the group that will try to hoodwink you. Just hunt the natural patterns and landscape and you will be far more successful that way. Normally what you find is people who never get nice deer due to their complete lack of hunting knowledge create these products. Hope this helps you next fall.

28-Apr-15
FullDraw, you have to bring politics into it? Hopefully Pat will see who the trouble makers are here and take appropriate action.

28-Apr-15

28-Apr-15
Back in the 80's McQuire used mock scrapes very well, wrote quite a bit about it, I have that book, will do some research for you.......

Wensel came up with the idea of using, hemp rope for a lick stick........

I know a trapper, that makes licking branches, and he is a big scent poster...... again he said, mostly uses the method on private managed land.... He also said, in his opinion, you have to be as scent free as you can be, like setting a trap........ He buys his lures from FNT, trap house in Michigan.....

to me its all good, if it gives you confidence, if its fun, try it,,,,,,,,,,

as far as naysayers, well what can you say,,,,,,,,,

28-Apr-15
Politics is preferable to the return of RC Part ......... 5? 10? Either way, he has posted his mock scent trials here many times in the past, and now as D&H Scents/davebow trying to hawk his own product that I've been unable to find a website on but see it has about five dozen Facebook likes. Yes Captain Mike hopefully the moderators do see who the trouble-makers are.

28-Apr-15
Spot on FullDraw. You are 100% accurate.

"Razor, I'm still pondering what to try but am leaning towards DnH scents after watching the video above."

Of course you are leaning that way. It is YOUR product. Why do you continue to try to insult everyone's intelligence all the time?

Pat must be hunting or this thread would have been long gone. He blasts the selfless pimping off the Big Game forums very quickly.

28-Apr-15
razorhead, I didn't know John died.

No experience here with mock anything.

28-Apr-15
Went through all this " stuff " many years ago . Now its just mw and my bow vs. a mature buck with a masters degree in hunter avoidance .

Easier , cheaper , and you feel better when you harvest a bruiser .

30-Apr-15
Well Ronny, it didn't take long to figure this one out!

"Published on Sep 3, 2014 First licking branch trial. Central Wisconsin, Private land. Draw-n-Hold scent was placed on an oak sapling relocated to this camera locaton to create a licking branch. While the camera ran for 18 days and captured about 130, 1 minute videos (both day and night) Ive, compressed the footage to the first 3 days to meet You Tubes maximum video length. https://www.facebook.com/DrawnHoldScent"

Directly from your post above --

"this is footage from a guy in Ohio that was a product tester for DnH scents. His videos include several fights with audio. (Trail cameras have come a long way)"

Just a little FYI this is a video from Wisconsin and I believe we all know all too well who made the video and who davebow really is.

It'll be interesting to hear how you are going to wiggle out of this one!!!

BTW- No debate here. Just the facts!

And to think some were starting to believe RC hasn't surfaced again!!! LOL

Time to go check the bear baits!

01-May-15
Busted once again. Man is this funny stuff. You can't make this stuff up. Glad to see others know Ronny is pumping his own product shamelessly and in violation of bowsite rules. Once a violator, always one.

01-May-15
Apparently there are some on this site who are unable to read or understand what "Debate Free" means. Or, maybe they are just plain ignorant?

01-May-15

happygolucky's Link
"Apparently there are some on this site who are unable to read or understand what "Debate Free" means. Or, maybe they are just plain ignorant? "

Apparently there are some on this site who are unable to read or understand what "No Advertising" means. Or, maybe they are just plain ignorant?

I've helped here with a link to the rule and even copied it in for your convenience.

Well done in further exposing the liar Mike F. He holds true to his course regardless of the name(s) he posts under. His one and only worshipper and apologist is always there to protect and condone. They have a strange relationship but are definitely birds of a feather. The Captain and Tennile (Ronny) are quite the cute couple.

"No Advertising.

This includes both commercial, nonprofit, and classified ads. We have programs available for organizations, commercial businesses, and an extensive FREE classified ad section. Sponsors of the Bowsite and our related sites are granted permission to advertise their goods and services on our conferences.

An ad is defined as any post, topic, or blatant attempt to solicit business. An individual may respond, however, to a question on how to contact a business along with responses to inquiries on products or services. Suspicious contributions will be removed at the staffs' discretion. "

28-May-15
Poacher & DNR hater turned snake oil salesman. Next we'll hear he is on the short list for the NRB. Taking the Kaz route, obviously.

28-May-15
Nope, NRB already has two new members and Howatt/Dave etc. is not one of them

28-May-15
"I watched this video put out by DnH Scents for the product they sell and wonder if anybody has used this stuff and what your results are"

Davebow if you are considering using that product please consider what happened to a good friend of mine that used the scent. My buddy has taken 7 bucks over 150 with the largest being 173. He had never used products like this but decided he would try it. He had a natural scrape by a stand he was hunting. In November 2014 he brought the DnH with him and put it on the natural licking branches above the scrape. He then got up in his stand. About 3 hours later he sees the biggest buck of his life trotting down the trail right to him. Said it was in the 180's. The deer was coming down the trail he had walked in on. He said when the buck got directly down wind of the DnH by about 10 feet it jumped out of its skin and ran back the way it came at a high rate of speed. He said it was a dead buck if he had not put that crap out. He was so pissed at himself for using it. A week later that buck was killed by the Neighbor.

29-May-15
Good to see that davebow found another friend. Great sales pitch too!!!

Too bad it's another one of his alter ego's!!! LOL

Ronnie, I bet you lay awake at night thinking about who you can try and buffalo next.

Do the world a favor, go away.....

29-May-15
"He said when the buck got directly down wind of the DnH by about 10 feet it jumped out of its skin and ran back the way it came at a high rate of speed. He said it was a dead buck if he had not put that CRAP out. He was so pissed at himself for using it."

Funny stuff there. Bet you don't see that in Ronny's marketing campaign - LOL.

29-May-15

Ztec's embedded Photo
Ztec's embedded Photo
You misread my post davebow the deer was coming from the east and reached the DnH scent well before getting to the hunter who was another 30 yards to the west. Absolutely had nothing to do with hunters scent the wind was perfect and had 100% to do with DnH. Just trying to help you out if you want to use it go ahead. Just dont get upset when the deer high tails it the other way. This is the buck he DID NOT get because of DnH

29-May-15
Holy crap Ztec, that is a monster. What a shame your friend used a product that scared that deer away. Good honest feedback there. I'm not sure the thread owner, who is the owner of DnH too, will like the negative publicity as he is trying to shamelessly pimp his product here. I suspect he'll be here soon to spin it and blame your friend and maybe even the IL liberals while he's at it.

29-May-15
Upwind??

"He said when the buck got directly down wind of the DnH by about 10 feet it jumped out of its skin and ran back the way it came at a high rate of speed"

Do you see the part about the buck being directly down wind of the DnH scent? Why ask for advice if your only going to dispute it? Good luck hunting just stay away from that crap if you want to kill something

29-May-15
"Why ask for advice if your only going to dispute it?"

Ztec, he's not looking for advice. He already knows everything and is not shy to tell everyone that. davebow owns DnH and is simply using this thread to pimp his product.

29-May-15
Ztec I had the exact interaction in northern Forest county. I had put that product on an active scrape/licking branch mid day with unscented surgical gloves. I came back 24 hours later because the wind as perfect for the stand. A small 6 approached the scrape and I decided I was going to shoot it. I raised my bow and got ready. As soon as he got to the scrape he went to smell the licking branches where i placed the DnH and snorted then bolted back the way he came and stood about 40 yards away snorting. I was down wind of the scrape so there was no way human scent was a factor. After that I got down and cut that limb off and carried it out with me.

29-May-15
Sounds like an outstanding product if your intent is to spook deer and never kill one. Not so good for hunting though....

29-May-15
Sounds like it would be just the ticket for people trying to keep nuisance deer out of their gardens.

29-May-15
DnH = Dave and Howatt? LOL

29-May-15
I think that's Serb in the back of his truck smoking a cig? Right? BC

29-May-15
Good Lord how did I get pulled into this snake oil thread. Sounds like there has been some negative reaction to this sweet elixir #16 secret homemade buck killin oil. You struggle with "hunting" don't you? After seeing your decoy set up a few year's ago its understandable. I am telling you...you HAVE to get a raccoon mounted with a corn cobb in his mouth and place it 10 feet from the bedded doe decoy. When a big buck sees that he will throw all caution to the wind and run in. It never hurts to put a parakeet on a fence post near by as well. That adds an element of realism and surprise.

What kind of study needs to be done on Rubbing Posts? Any idiot knows if you put a cedar post in an open area bucks will pound it until its pulp laying on the ground. You don't need to put scent on it. I get hundreds of pics on my post every year in my conservation plot I don't put any thing on it.

Maybe one day you will come up with a hat you can wave in the air and deer will come running:^)

30-May-15
Ron I see you have found a new way to hide a bait pile by putting it in a blind! This whole thread is sad.

30-May-15
"You struggle with "hunting" don't you"

lmao

"This whole thread is sad."

+1

30-May-15
I would add to this thread if it was a serious thread about the topic, but its a junk thread, with nothing to learn....

too bad guys just do not want to discuss hunting anymore

30-May-15
"Ron I see you have found a new way to hide a bait pile by putting it in a blind!"

Now that right there is funny as all get out! Once a poacher, always a poacher.

30-May-15
Idiots

31-May-15

happygolucky's embedded Photo
happygolucky's embedded Photo
Ronny, you should have stuck to the product you are famous for and have actually had some success with. I think you marketed it under IcP. You are very familiar with the person in the pic but I still blocked it out for ya . I believe you termed your famous product Illegal-corn-Pile. Maybe it was CnP (Corn-n-Pocket). I can't remember. I just know you are dang good with your product - when you don't get caught using it that is...

31-May-15
I cannot even find a website for this slop. This thread is a rediculous self promotion. For the record, who posts photos of blocked out hunters' faces? Junk... Pony up and become a site sponsor or take your snake oil elsewhere.

31-May-15

FIP's embedded Photo
FIP's embedded Photo
If you want to laugh your ass off go over to AT and search his handle DnH_Scents he talks of being an expert and studying whitetails for 40 years. Lying is common place for this turd.

• Sitka Gear