bigbuckbob 30-Apr-15
nehunter 30-Apr-15
Wayniac 30-Apr-15
bigbuckbob 30-Apr-15
The Dark Knight 30-Apr-15
steve 01-May-15
nehunter 01-May-15
28-Apr-15
So whos going for turkey? Do u hunt from a tree or a blind? I'll be on the ground in the late afternoon. ready for turkey on the grill !

28-Apr-15
Late afternoon? Have to be out of the woods by noon in the SPRING SEASON...

28-Apr-15
Yeah onepin. Spring turkey is until noon except Sundays.

29-Apr-15
I came to work birds will have to wait till next week .Been seeing a lot of deer thou .

29-Apr-15
Went out scouting/calling for birds this weekend, and nothing at all! Came to work today.

Anyone want to buy a turkey hunting vest? :)

29-Apr-15
Lol BBB, maybe you need to change your spot, it seems like is only good for big bucks every 16 yrs and not for turkeys. My suggestion, keep your vest, calculate when u last shot turkey there, add 16 yrs then go back then :-)

29-Apr-15
There are so many dead turkeys on the side of the Merrit. You should just do a drive by BBB.

29-Apr-15
Yeah thx oversight on my part have to wait till Sat i guess

29-Apr-15
Yeah, Saturday morning. :-)

30-Apr-15
I'm really surprised there are guys seeing lots of birds, because I've been to a few areas where I would see birds EVERY time and I haven't seen/heard one lately, very disappointing.

I live right next to MT Southington ski area, and they would be gobbling on the side of the ridge every morning and I would see them walking on the ski trails. I haven't seen them there is years, except for a single bird every now and then. Not like before!!

30-Apr-15

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
up ur way bbb.

30-Apr-15
were those 3 turkeys shot by same person?

30-Apr-15
Bob, I live in Southington too. I've had over 30 birds in my yard at times. There was an awesome hatch last year and there are birds in areas they haven't been around in years.

30-Apr-15
notme tell the story ,they all came in you shot 1 they didn't go you shot the next they didn't run and you shot the third ? I called in 7 one time and after 2 I jumped up and chased them away .Congrats .

30-Apr-15
BBB, I'm with you, I live in Wolcott and have only seen 1 on side or road on the merrit. However, people that don't hint see them all the time and like to take pictures and send to me, so at least I know they are out there

30-Apr-15

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
id like to take the credit,heres the culprit..my ex's son..FRed S...been hunting before he could walk..he shot these in the nw corner torrington area...steve,pretty much like you said..

30-Apr-15
They are all nice birds.

30-Apr-15
I started hunting turkey in the very first legal season in CT in 1981 and took the 13th legal bird that season, been hunting ever since and never had a problem getting a bird. About 10 years ago I decided to use the bow, shotgun became too predictable (go out, kill a bird) and got 2 birds with the bow the next 2 season (one each season).

Then I saw the population decline that last few years so decided to bring my camera instead of the gun and the last 2 years decided not to hunt at all. I love the early morning calling and the stalk, real exciting. I'm going to try a different spot this Saturday (camera only) and see what happens. Pictures to follow - hopefully. Good luck to everyone.

30-Apr-15

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
My Daughter shot her 8th Tom yesterday in the big woods of the NW corner.

30-Apr-15
Nice bird - congrats!

Cool on the triple as well.

And sorry about the caps lock in my original reply

30-Apr-15
That's a really nice TOM! Way to go young lady. I'd love to hear the story.

30-Apr-15
Keep sharing photos everyone, great pics

01-May-15
NICE GOING !! CONGRATS TO HER .

01-May-15
You can see turkey tracks in the dust bowl the birds were using.

• Sitka Gear