Bloodtrail 08-May-15
grizzlyadam 08-May-15
bigbuckbob 09-May-15
Wood Walker 09-May-15
Bloodtrail 09-May-15
Wood Walker 09-May-15
bigbuckbob 11-May-15
02-May-15
Went out at O dark hundred this morning, did some owl calls and nothing answered. Moved about 1/2 mile deeper in and this time heard gobbles coming from 2 different spots, so I hustled toward the closest and set up.

Had a nice tom come in and had him hanging around for about an hour and then a jake came in from the other direction. So stupid!! He walked right to me (unfortunately my batteries went dead on my camera :( ) Got tired of playing with him so after another half hour I stood up and the jake just stood there looking at me.

Glad to see there are still some birds in my old spots.

04-May-15
Sweet, too bad your camera couldn't capture some nice pics. I had no activity Saturday, went fishing Sunday's and saw 6 turkey, go figure

04-May-15

grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
friday morning was exciting. Got some really nice video and pics.

04-May-15

04-May-15
grizz

really nice pictures. I had my camera on auto, so it kept focusing on the trees closest to me, and it would come in and out of focus. In an open field like your pics it would work fine, but next time I take it off auto.

Did you get him?

04-May-15
Was hunting with my brother, he was shooter and I was cam guy, had him at 12 yards for a good while, let him walk for various reasons.

04-May-15
Great pix!

05-May-15
Really nice pics.

07-May-15

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
got some pics as well

07-May-15
Wilbur that bird has some nice spurs I say shoot him!

07-May-15
Nice pic wilbur.

I was thinking the same yukon.

07-May-15
Me too, first thing I saw was the spurs.

07-May-15

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
Yes indeed he's a big old gobbler. There is a bunch of them in my backyard. I love turkey hunting but don't like shooting them around the house. My wife and I enjoy watching them. I took these photos sitting in my dinning room with my iphone attached to my spotting scope.

07-May-15

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
They fly up to roost using our lawn as a lunch pad.

07-May-15

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo

07-May-15
Wilbur

now you're just showing off!!

Nice pics of really nice toms. Did you shoot any?

07-May-15
Don't hunt them around the house my wife would be pissed. Got one in Ellington.

08-May-15
Oh, house birds! I wouldn't shoot them either.

08-May-15

Got some nice close ups of this tom this morning.

08-May-15
Nice bird! Congrats

08-May-15
grizz

that's cheating. Getting them to pose AFTER you shoot them is much easier :)

Nice bird, did you get him in that corn field where you took the other pics?

Action open on the gun, good man!

08-May-15
Bob, enough with the safety stuff. It's like you're the hall monitor.

Great bird Grizz.

08-May-15
This was a different piece, in Norfolk, second time I have hunted turkeys there, last week I blew it by setting up in the wrong spot. Live and learn.

09-May-15
Bloodtrail

a few months ago someone pointed out that they come on the site with kids, and they find it to be a great way to educate them on hunting techniques, equipment, etc.

I'm really disappointed that anyone thinks that safety is not something to point out. How else are the new and young hunters supposed to learn that safety is ALWAYS the first thing you should think about when hunting, or just handling a gun.

What would you do if it was your son or daughter?

09-May-15
BBB its getting to be like your the bowsite warden. Grizz ,that's a Nice Colorful bird Good job!

09-May-15
If it was my son, who goes hunting with me all the time, I would make sure he emptied the gun, have the safety on and pointed the muzzle away from him in the pic. Then I would tell him to smile really big so he would always rememeber that day.

Now you're "that guy" on Bowsite taking the emphasis off what it should be....a great accomplishment. Now the thread is going in a different direction and the two guys who shot Toms are shaking their heads about By the Book Bob. And countless others thinking the same thing.

Just send a PM if you want to be the Hall Monitor.

My son and I were out this morning on three different State land spots. We didn't even put a shell into the gun until we finally heard a Tom gobble and we sat up against a tree. When the bird wouldn't come in, we sat up and unloaded our guns, put the safeties on and headed to the truck.

09-May-15
Well said Bloodtrail, I was gonna put a pic of my bird on here but my single shot breakopen was in the pic and and it wasn't broke open ,so I didn't want to hear BBB,s rant.

11-May-15
BT and WW

here's what I wrote to grizzly and Primo. Hardly ranting. And note that the very first thing I did was congratulate them. I think maybe the off season is stressing you guys out, chill.

grizz that's cheating. Getting them to pose AFTER you shoot them is much easier :)

Nice bird, did you get him in that corn field where you took the other pics?

Action open on the gun, good man! . . . . Primo, way to go!!

Keep that gun action open, or have your trigger lock in place,....safety ALWAYS!

• Sitka Gear