WV Mountaineer 05-May-15
Bennett2012 06-May-15
WV Mountaineer 06-May-15
sundaynwv 07-May-15
babysaph 07-May-15
Traditional Beagle 10-May-15
Bennett2012 10-May-15
05-May-15
Why is it that there is so many counties that don't have a fall turkey season?

05-May-15
Because poaching is so rampant. Meaning few check in the spring birds. Which is used to determine gobbler harvest per square mile in a county. Which is used to determine if a population exists large enough to sustain a fall harvest.

God Bless

06-May-15
Could they not do a fall season on private land only?

06-May-15
I guess they could. But, our DNR has never made it a habit to do things that don't coincide with the science they have. Regardless of who it makes mad. At least in the past anyways. God Bless

07-May-15
The traditional fall counties all have the lowest kills per square mile in spring turkey season.

07-May-15
But it is not the DNR that ignores the science. It seems from some other posts on here it is the commissioners.

10-May-15
The lack of counties in the fall season drives me crazy. Randolph has had a fall season as long as I can remember. It is easier to find a white buffalo there than a turkey although I have killed a few there. Upshur and Lewis is crawling with turkeys and no fall season last year. Aaarrrggghhh

10-May-15
Same in mercer county I know several different areas throughout the county that's loaded with turkey and can't do nuttin with em but look at em

• Sitka Gear